Final

Without Knowing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hanla," her mother's voice echoed in head and Hanla shot right up, her eyes wide and heart beating fast. Her hair was a mess and cold sweat ran down her temples. Hanla put a hand on her chest before she looked at the clock on the wall and sighed. 'It's only three in the morning Lee Hanla, it was just a dream,' she thought, trying to calm herself down before she laid back on the bed and pulled the covers over to her chin. 'School doesn't begin in five hours,' she closed her eyes back again after another sigh escaped her lips. Her hand gripping the duvet cover.

-

"Hansol!" Hanla waved cheerily and she ran over to the said boy, meeting him with her typical cheery and bright smile and eyes. Hansol smiled at the girl, still no used to her bright personality, not after what happened.

"Hey," Hansol gave her a small wave before they walked into the school grounds. "Got a good sleep?" he asked Hanla.

"Yup!" Hanla grinned and she smiled at the boy, completely skipping about her nightmare. "How about you," Hansol shrugged, indicating that he had a fifty-fifty sleep. Ever since they met, Hansol has never once said that he got a good night's sleep, it was either fine or just plain good.

They first officially met at a place where the smell of antiseptic reeked richly, the hospital. Hanla was sitting on one of the chairs assembled opposite of a room, a sad smile on her face when Hansol first saw her. Then a deafening beep was heard, and Hanla still had that sad smile on her face, she then looked up and when she saw Hansol, she beamed at him, surprising the male who was still in his basketball attire with a varsity jacket sloppily worn over the sleeveless black and blue jersey, hair highly disheveled, his chest huffing up and down heavily.

'She smiled...' Hansol had thought. 'Instead of crying at the loss of her mother,' he kept on thinking before he walked over to Hanla and he tentatively took the empty space beside Hanla and she flashed him another smile. Hansol has seen Hanla before but he's never really talked to her before, neither had Hanla initiated a talk to Hansol before.

"Are you okay?" Hansol hesitantly asked her. 

"Yeah! I'm okay," her reply was enthusiastic that it hurt for Hansol to hear and still, she hadn't shed any tears. The boy then placed an arm around the girl's shoulder slowly, Hanla didn't mind, Hanla needed it actually but she didn't show it. Hansol just sat there with his arm around Hanla and didn't say anything to her, it was comfortable.

From then on, they met with each other at school and Hansol has been there for her since the incident at the hospital occurred which was a week and half ago. He wondered a lot what the girl was going through and yet, she was still full of cheery smiles and optimistic grins. Hansol never saw her cry before, not even at her mother's funeral. He had held her hand on that dark day and Hanla only intertwined their fingers together, giving his hand a short squeeze at that time. How could Lee Hanla still smile? She didn't cry when her mother died nor at the funeral. How could she still be so positive? Or, did she cry by herself in her room so that no one could hear her cries, not even her father. Hansol always thought of that.

"You really need your beauty sleep, Hansol. Just look at yourself in the mirror, the only thing that stands out from that good-looking face of yours are your deadly eye-bags," Hanla told him, her lips twisted in a frown.

Hansol smirked smugly instead. "You think I'm good looking?" the seventeen year old had a brow arched at the girl. Hanla bit her inner cheek and punched his shoulder.

"Stick to the point!" Hansol laughed and enjoyed watching Hanla with a frustrated look on her face.

"Okay, okay, I'll try," Hansol said and laughed a little bit more before ruffling the girl's hair, only getting another punch from Hanla as she quickly fixed her black strands.

-

Hanla looked around the hallways, taking peaks into classes, looking for Hansol. He was nowhere to be found, it was lunch break and he wasn't in the cafeteria where he usually would be at with his friend, Jungkook. Hanla had a favour to ask him. Hanla frowned before peaking into another classroom window and grinned when she saw Hansol, with his earphones plugged in though she frowned once again upon seeing his eyes closed and lolling head. She then went into the classroom quietly, careful not to make a sound and walked over to Hansol before sitting on the chair that was in front of his table. He just had  to sleep in the History classroom. The walls were full of pictures of historical people.

Hanla softly smiled before she took out the earplugs and placed them aside quietly, Hansol didn't stir. Hanla placed her crossed arms on Hansol's table and she gazed at his handsomely sculptured face. From his clean forehead, closed eyes, his eyebrows that were on fleek, lashes, pointy nose, sharp jaw-line and thin lips along with his fair skin. His dark brown hair barely falling over his eyes. Choi Hansol was good looking, without a doubt.

"Hansol-ah," Hanla whispered out softly. "Hansol-ah," a low hum came from Hansol that made Hanla giggle. "Wake up,"

"You told me to get my beauty sleep, didn't you?" Hansol spoke up, voice raspy and deep, eyes still closed.

"Not here though, Choi Hansol," hearing Hanla talking with a soft voice was rare for Hansol to hear, it sounded sweet though, he couldn't help but like it, he would only usually hear her upbeat and cheery voice. "At home, at night," Hanla saw Hansol's lips twitch into a small smile and he rubbed his eyes before opening them then he realized how close their faces were, he had moved forward without knowing, Hanla smiled at him. "Slept well?"

Hansol yawned and closed his mouth with his hand. "It was barely twenty minutes," he replied, not moving his face position, neither did Hanla. He realized then that Hanla was very beautiful.

"Let's go on a trip," Hanla suddenly said, surprising Hansol. "Us, together,"

"What? Trip? What do you mean by that?" a creased formed on his forehead, Hanla immediately reached out and made it go away with the press of her thumb on his forehead, she chuckled.

"Oi! Lee Hanla! Your mother died barely two weeks ago and now you're already flirting and smiling with Hansol? What a !" Hansol's heard jerked to his left instantly and he got up, taking big steps towards the guy who just spoke and pushed his against the locker, his hands his collar. Hanla got up hastily and she walked outside.

"Hansol," students were gathered around in no time.

"What did you just say? Huh?!" Hansol's eyes were burning with fury and he shoved the boy, Jooheon, against the locker with a stronger force as he said the words. "?" Jooheon nodded smugly and before Hansol could punch the hell out of Jooheon, Hanla took hold of his arm with both her hands. Hansol looked behind him, Hanla was smiling, a very mellow smile.

She shook her head at Hansol. "Nope," she said. Hansol opened his mouth to say something but, "Nu-uh, don't do it Hansol, I don't want you to end up in the infirmary, let go Hansol," Hanla said calmly. Hansol's jaw clenched and he let go of Jooheon's collar harshly, but he never looked away, Jooheon smirked. "Hansol, come on, we we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter