Final.

Autumn of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Yuri walked to work today.

She could’ve drove to work, but the season has changed from Summer to Autumn and Yuri felt way too nostalgic.

In normal days, it takes Yuri 30 minutes to reach her office, but today, it felt like 30 years. Yuri took her time to appreciate the sceneries around her.

She finally felt tired and found a wooden bench near her. Yuri was never this tired. Yuri never dreaded so much going to work. She wished she could stay at home through the whole autumn. She wished she could stay in her comfort zone.

While looking up at the cloudy sky, a leaf fell onto Yuri’s lap.

She picked it up and tears threatened to fall out of her beautiful eyes. Yuri held it in.

Yuri put the leaf carefully into her bag.

If you’re still here, this would be the 98th autumn leaf I gift you.

Yuri let out a small laugh and continued to stroll to her office.

After what felt like years, Yuri had reached her office. She has nothing scheduled in the morning so it was perfect to her, she could relax her mind and think of that certain someone.

“Autumn is the hardest season. The leaves are all falling, and they're falling like they're falling in love with the ground.” Just like how I fell for you every second.

“Yuri—“ Yuri’s secretary, Sunny stopped when she saw Yuri writing something on an autumn leaf, “It’s beautiful.” She said.

“Thanks. I could give you one of these, but there are plenty on the ground if you walk out of this building.” Yuri put the leaf into her drawer, as if it’s a secret present that she doesn’t want to let anybody see or know.

“Yuri, I’ve known you for so many years, I know how you’re like. This must be the… 90th leaf already?” Sunny made a guess but obviously was wrong.

“It’s the 98th already, Sunny.” Yuri pulled out a document, trying to hint Sunny that she wasn’t in the mood to talk.

Sunny got the hint, “Okay, okay… I’ll go out. I hope you’ve gotten over it after so many years.” Sunny let out a motherly smile and ruffled Yuri on her head.

Sunny never fails to make Yuri feel homey. She was with her ever since they were in the middle school.

After which, Yuri walked to her printer and laminated the piece of leaf.

Of course, the 98 leaves before this were all laminated and kept well in a box in Yuri’s house.


xx


Back home after a long day at work, Yuri sat on her single chair, with a cup of warm chai latte on her hand, the perfect tea for Autumn.

A million things were going through Yuri’s mind.

Ever since that day, Yuri never had a good night’s sleep. Whenever she closes her eyes, she sees that certain someone.

That certain someone was none other than her wife, her best friend, her enemy, her partner in crime, the love of her life, Im Yoona.

A decade ago, Yuri took on the modelling path after completing her college, graduating from the Architecture Business which was what her parents wanted.

Since Yuri did what her parents wanted her to, she was free to do whatever she wants.

Of course, Yuri knows Yoona while she was in college.

Yoona was insecure that Yuri is a public figure, she’s afraid Yuri would leave her for someone else albeit they’re married. Yoona was diagnosed with depression but Yuri didn’t believe it, she thought Yoona was just insecure, that’s all.

Yuri built her path in modelling by herself, she cherished it more than anyone else. With that, Yuri put her career first, and then Yoona.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter