Challenging Hope

The Necklace

[A/N] Double Update Yay!


[JiEun's POV]

"Ji..Ji...JIYONG-AH!"

I stopped everything that I was doing and kneeled by him. 

Panic rose in me. My heartbeat was increasing, what should I do?

I shook him, "JiYong-ah wake up!"

Is this the end? Will we not be able to properly start our family before our baby is even born? All these horrible thoughts were circulating my head.

I covered my hands over my eyes as I was panicking and crying and suddenly his arms were wrapping around me once more.

"I'm sorry" he said as he patted my back.

"I just wanted your attention and I taught this would be a way to get it"

"Ya! Don't you think that was going overboard? I've been worried sick of you lately and now you pull this trick for me? Don't you remember when we got back together I found you passed out and so I will be scarred and panicking when I see you like this?"

Pregnancy hormones, they really are driving me crazy.

His face was filled with guilt.

"I'm so so so so sorry" he gave me a tight hug and kissed my forehead with was my favorite.

I took a deep breath, "Just don't do this to me anymore ok? I want our baby daddy to be healthy and we can raise our baby together."

He nodded and we just sat on our kitchen floor in silence for a short while with me in his embrace.

After a short while, I stood up. 

"Alright you, time to get dressed and I need to finish cooking. Your parents are on the way remember?"

He gave me a warm and tight hug once more. 

"Thank you. I love you and we will have a happy future."


[JiYong's POV]

'Ding-dong'

"Coming!" I said.

I opened the door and there she was, smiling brightly as usual!

"Mom!" I opened my arms for a hug.

"JiYong-ah! How is my son!!!" We hugged and she gave me a kiss on my cheek as well.

"Mom! You know I'm a grown and married man now!"

She reached over and pinched my cheek, "Well, when you are a parent you will understand that your kid will always be your kid no matter how old their child is."

Oh mom, I think I will understand it soon.

"Hey kiddo, how's is going!" "Hey dad!" We walked in with our shoulders around each other.

We walked in as JiEun just finished placing the last dish on the table.

"Mother! Father! How are you two!"

"JiEun-ah" my mother ran over to hug her. "How are you? How has the married life to my son been treating you?"

"It's wonderful mother! I maybe 19 but being with him has given me a lot of insight into life that I myself would have never expect experiencing" she said while smiling.

God, her smile. Her beautiful smile gets to me every time. I remember she first got her braces a month before I left for Korea.

She patted her back, "That's great to hear! And it smells wonderful in here! Let's dig in!"

While eating, me and JiEun kept giving each other eye contact as we were deliberating when we should tell my parents.

"Look at those two, they are so in love right now. Just looking at them reminds me of us when we first got married huh?" my dad was looking at my mom and suddenly their conversation became a trip down memory lane.

After eating, JiEun kept the dishes as I went to get the dessert. Apple pie, my mom and JiEun's favorite.

Actually JiEun baked this pie according to the recipe that my mom gave her!

"Hey mom, dad. Before we dig in for dessert, me and JiEun have something to give you."

"JiYong-ah you shouldn't have!" but her arms were already opening and reaching forward expecting her gift.

JiEun came out from the bedroom holding a paper bag with a ribbon on top.

She passed it to my mom who gingerly pulled the ribbon.

My dad was just watching on the sidelines looking to see what surprise will unfold.

There was a box and a card inside. 

Me and JiEun were standing opposite them while holding hands. This sight was definitely a sight to remember.

My dad opened the box to see a pair of baby shoes and he knew it on the spot. His eyes beamed with happiness and he tried to contain his happiness and he motioned for us to look at mom's reaction because we all already know it will be epic.

My mom was still opening the card and she read the card aloud.

"Hi grandpa, hi grandma I can't wait to meet both of you!" my mom's voice getting louder and louder as she approached the end of the sentence.

She placed down the card and saw the baby shoes that my dad had opened.

"OH MY GOD, CONGRATULATIONS!"

She stood up and ran forward to hug us!

"I am so happy for the both of you! You have no idea how long I have been waiting for this to happen. JiYong, you better treat her well!"

We ended lunch with laughter and apple pie.


~FAST FORWARD 2 WEEKS~

Manager-hyung was already downstairs as I zipped my luggage.

JiEun wearing her robe while standing at the doorway, wearing her robe and holding onto her hot chocolate.

As I put the luggage to stand upright and turned around to face her, I could see her smiling but her eyes was full of sadness.

I went over to hug her and she was tearing up.

She hugged me tightly, "Be safe and take care ok? Call me whenever you are free."

She took my hand and place it on her belly, "We will be here waiting for your return."

Words couldn't come out from my mouth. I wanted to tell her so much but nothing could be form.

"Shh, it's ok. I understand how you feel even without words."

"Thank you" I said softly.

We walked out to the front door hand in hand.

And it was time for us to part.

"I'll come back. Healthier as ever. I promise."

I placed my hand by her cheek and pulled her in for a kiss.

We both teared up during the kiss.

"I love you, Lee JiEun."

"I love you, Kwon JiYong"

And we parted.

I waved at her till she was out of sight and she stood there with her hand on her belly while waving back as well.

I took a deep breath and braced myself for this challenging road ahead.


[A/N] Thank you all for everything all this time. I update tomorrow, happy holidays once more!