Forever and Always

The Necklace

[A/N] Delayed a for a while because of life and finals is next week. Sorry for not being a responsible author. But I really promised to finish this story before the end of the year.


[JiEun's POV]

Today is September 15, 2017.

The day I get married.

I woke up early from my hotel that I was staying with my parents. The flew over the week before just to accompany me on this journey.

It was so good to finally see them again, JiSoo was so excited for me as well.

I invited Kate over as well, she was the only friend who I could trust with this whole issue.

We tried to have a small wedding so only my family and Kate are from my side.

The night before the wedding, Kate, JiSoo and I just had dinner together as my 'bachelorette' party.

"JiEun, are you ready for this?" asked Kate

"As ready as I will ever be, I knew that he would be the one for me since day one."

"Well then, a toast for the bride to be," smiled Kate.

"Cheers!"


That morning, we drove to the venue. 

We decided to hold the wedding in the garden of the villa that JiYong had in the countryside. 

He managed to buy his villa back with the new comeback.

The garden overlooked a beautiful lake over there so we thought it would be perfect.

As we got there, it was showtime.

I was getting my hair and makeup was done by professionals and to be honest I almost couldn't recognize myself when it was done.

I looked so mature and yet it was a side to myself that I have not ever seen before.

And when I put on my beautiful dress, that was a puffy gown with a short train behind, and the veil over my head and stood in front of the mirror.

I knew that this is it.

I started crying to the sight of me.

"Baby, what's wrong?"

"Mom, I'm just so happy. I never knew that this day would come."

"Aww, my baby." she hugged me and wiped my tears away from my face. "JiEun-ah, look at me. You are the second-prettiest bride I've ever seen, the first is me. HAHA, but I want you to know that I love you and so does JiYong, so you get ready to walk down that aisle and be the queen of the day. Now stop crying before you ruin your makeup."


[JiYong's POV]

I was so nervous when I arrived at the venue.

Although it was a small wedding, the responsibility was huge. Because it was the day that JiEun becomes my wife and I need to stay healthy so that we can grow old together.

As I got ready, YongBae-hyung, who was my best man, came into my dressing room.

"Ya, JiYong-ah. You ready for this?"

"Hyung, I'm nervous but I'm ready as I will ever be."

He patted my shoulder, "We've known each other for almost 20 years, I'd never thought this day would come so soon."

"Well, you should find a girl and propose to her soon, so that I can do the same back to you."

We laughed.


There I was standing at the end of the altar, when the host who was YongBae-hyung, announced the arrival of the bride.

As the double doors swung open, it was as if an angel had descended from heaven.

With the wind blowing on to her face, her gliding down the aisle with her long white dress.

It was the most beautiful sight I had ever seen.

And suddenly, tears started welding in my eyes.

As she and her father walked to the end of the aisle, he passed her hand to mine.

"JiYong, it's been a pleasure watching you two grow up together and now it is time that you two grow old together. Please treat me daughter well."

"Yes sir, I promise I will."

He nodded and let go of her hand to take his seat.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to watch the unity and the power of love between these Kwon JiYong and Lee JiEun."

And then it was time to exchange vows. I started off.


" 'Tag you're it', those were the first words that you ever said to me"
Meeting you at that game of tag all those years ago.
It was the perfect first meeting.
I felt so bad leaving you without a goodbye last time, but now I promise there will not be anymore goodbyes
I will stay by your sick through thick and thin no matter what happens.
You are mine and I will be yours
And...and I want you to know that I love you so much and I can't wait for us to start this future together.
Because forever starts with us."

I was crying halfway through my vows and so was JiEun. Because I know that I will be complete with her.


[JiEun's POV]

Well I guess it is my turn.

"Kwon JiYong,l my life was great after you left why did you come back?"

He looked at me with his eyes bulged. Everyone laughed.

"but after meeting you once more, my life is now perfect.
You know I am not perfect, I am insecure, I overthink, I'm a mess.
But I am the happiest when I am with you.
You've shown me a side of me that I myself have never seen.
You made me happier, you made me laugh more, you made me the person I am today.
We've been through a lot and we've always managed to find a way through everything.
And I know now, with you by my side. 
Hand in hand,
nothing can stop us"

He was tearing up as I said those words. 

"Do you Lee JiEun, take Kwon JiYong to be your lawfully wedded husband?" 

I smiled, looking at the man I love the most. "I do"

"Do you Kwon JiYong, take Lee JiEun to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

He showed me his gummy smile, tears welling in his eyes. "I do."

"I know pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the wife"

And we did. 

That kiss was the start of something new for us. 

I may be a young bride, but I am 18 and this is all legal.

What's wrong with marrying the person who you love and know you will spend an eternity with?

Love is love and nothing will get in the way of that.


[JiYong's POV]

I did it. We did it.

I'm a married man.

So many emotions are in me right now.

This will be a day I will never forget, the day I marry the girl of my dreams.

I was a worthless man, I never took relationships seriously ever since my first girlfriend. She hurt me real bad and I was already ready to give up on life and everything.

But meeting JiEun changed that.

I now have a purpose to live and I will make sure to make her the happiest girl alive with me by her side (alive as well).

If I could.


[A/N] Well SongSong couple just recently got married hahahaha, I shipped them so much ever since descendants of the sun. Soooo I thought why not write the wedding scene for GDxIU, hope you all enjoy. Thank you once again for your continuous support. College isn't as easy as i thought it would be.