I DON'T WANNA WAKE UP

Dreamig of You

 

 

i I always wake up the same, but my surroundings completely different. I lay against a tall against a tree with its many leaves that sheltered me from the summer daylight, the tree was perched upon an empty playground, my father's old black guitar beside me.

I sat up looking for any sign of life there never is I guess I preferred it that way, I picked up my father ancient relic that lay beside me. It was the only thing i had that he willing gave me before he left. I started to play, it’s always only one song that I can recall how to play but it’s my favorite, my father played it for me and my mother when I was little when he was still around.

I can only hear little bits of what it should sound like this song is always so clear in my head a melody that I can’t ever forget and yet, I can never play it the way he did.

"what song is that?"

a voice asks from nowhere making me jump, a body emerges from the back side of the cool tree. my eyes never left the moving body as it made their way in front of me, the sun became ten times as bright the light started to break through my cool barrie of leaves landing on the stranger's face blurring my vision from seeing them clearly.

"didn’t you hear me?" their voice reminded me of a tide, strong when it rolls in but gentle when it reaches you.I try to talk but no word from like always. the stranger kneels down in front of me "are you that shy you can’t even talk? if you aren’t going to talk you should play that song again".

i look down at the instrument in front of me and brush against it’s still smooth paint heading their orders I once again position myself to play, I feel really nervous this was my first performance in front of well anyone outside of my mom.

strum the strings on the long slender neck of the guitar. Once again the sweet tune of the melody began to flow out, but this time it was accompanied by an alginic voice. The stranger kneeling in front of me started to sing to the tune, it was fascinating, the more they sang the more i wanted to play i caught myself wanting to playing to their voice and not them to the guitar I stopped and marveled at my odd audience.

Their voice so unique and powerful something you could never forget, it drove me crazy as to why I couldn't see Their face.They stopped humming when they realized I had stopped playing.

" what?" they asked "did you like how I sounded?,mom said it's a gift out of the many I possess" i couldn't speak but I wanted to agree , the body moved closer to me , however their face still remained hidden in the dark light, but their lips, their lip was all i could see on the dreamlike face they reminded me of a bow on a Christmas present. i never had an infatuation with someone like this."what's your name?" they asked me I opened my mouth and my name spilled out.

" Jonghyun, Kim Jonghyun"

" Jonghyun?" they repeated " I like it, no, I like you and you have to like me back"

" but i don't know-" they smiled, that dazzling smile struck my heart, to me it was like witnessing the beginning of the universe, my new universe.

"are you a girl?"

" i feel a little offended can’t you tell?" does that mean that they’re a girl but i didn’t get an exact answer , but they have to be a girl why would i be feeling this way she if they wern't?.

" you can’t be blind, can you?" she waved her hand infront of my face to see my reaction i stopped her hand.

"i can see just fine thank you"

"we’ll aren’t you quick, i’m surprised usually dinosaurs are slow," she looked me up and down "and tall" i find it kind of unfair that she can see me ,but i can’t see her. wait did she just call me short.

"WHAT, aren’t you rude i’m still growing and i sitting down what if your the short one huh"

"can’t be your legs are shorter than mine"

"w-what's your name?" i asked her she smiled once again, " i feel kind of sceptical of you knowing my name"

"but you know my name"

"but i’m not crazy"

" how the hell am i supposed to know that!"

"you’re just going to have to trust me" unbelievable is she joking what kind of girl is she i’m starting to get really pissed, who does she think she is.

"i think i need to leav-"

"fine i’ll tell you, but i’m only going to say it once got it?"

"fine sure whatever" i bet her name will match her personality or maby the exact opposite.

"my name is ki-"

"Jonghyun it's time to go!" I turn my head to see it was my mother calling. I turn my head back to see the interesting stranger but i only found a blank space of where they once stood I looked back down at the soundless guitar I'm alone again ,but This time I don't want to be i want to hear the crazy joy that is her voice.

"hayyyy!"

had she reappeared?, but it sounded distant this time.

" over here"

I look up to my right, the light is so bright I could hardly see in the distant, but i could make out her arm high above her head, she waving at me I lifted my hand in the air and swayed it back and forth she saw she smiled showing her teeth.

" hay! dino next time we meet let's get to know each other more, okay!" she yelled

her hand formed into a thumbs up.

I did the same motion notifying I heard, she turned walking away leaving me to see their disappearing back.But little did we both know we could never meet again that day left me with this stress yet bliss filled memory.

Everything turns black. Leaving me to wake remembering the Christmas bow lips. I sit up slowly in my single bed rubbing my eyes so they could adjust to the slight brightness in the room I turn my head to my right to see my clock blinking 8:10 I smiled to myself. " what a nice dream"

I often wonder if I asked for those lips to appear in front of me again as a gift under a tree would they?

But I already knew, even if I did ask for them for every gift I ever revived I could never get it. why? because me and my mother had left that small little town in Daegu years ago and i highly doubt she’d still be there waiting by the playground under the tall shady green tree.