5

I Choose to Love You

The Play

Lu Han stares at himself in the mirror. Shiny, curled hair, CHECK! Smooth skin, CHECK! Pinkish lips, CHECK! Beautiful dress, CHECK! Silver stilletos, XXXXX! "This hurts," the pretty boy complains. He sits on the bed and takes off the shoes by swinging his legs back and forth. "Lulu dear, are you ready?" asks Baekhyun as he steps inside the room. Lu Han turns his head towards his omma and forces a smile. Baekhyun is sharp enough to notice. He sits beside the boy and pats his shoulder. "Something's wrong, honey?" Lu Han picks up the stilleto and pouts, "This hurts." 

"Is that so?" Baekhyun takes it from the boy and studies it. "This is probably smaller than your foot size, honey. Come on. Let's get you another one."

"But we are running late, Omma. I have to go to school now or else Minseok will get mad at me." Lu Han looks around the room and smiles when he spots a pair of converse shoes that Baekhyun bought him before. "That one."

"Honey, you need to wear women's shoes right?"

Lu Han nods, "But I am not comfortable with them, Omma. Don't worry. No one will notice. My dress is long enough to cover them." He then snickers. Baekhyun agrees and helps him by putting on his shoes. "There you go! Now Lulu looks really beautiful. Good luck, honey. Fighting!"

"Hm!" Lu Han nods obediently and beams. 

Chanyeol and Jongin are both waiting in the living room for Baekhyun and Lu Han. When Snow White finally steps out from his room, they turn their full attention to the staircase. Jongin's face turns bright red when he laid his eyes on Lu Han. The latter walks carefully down the stairs and smiles shyly at him. Feeling proud, Chanyeol grabs the camera and takes a photo of the younger boy.  "Perfect," he remarks before joining Baekhyun in admiring Lu Han. "You look....beautiful," Jongin mutters breathlessly when Lu Han approaches him. "Thank you, Nini" answers Lu Han softly. They stand there in silence, acting like shy lovers towards each other, until Baekhyun buts in. "Shall we go now kids?" Lu Han and Jongin snap from their dreamy state and nod together. 

 

|At school|

"Finally!" Minseok clasps his hands as he watched Lu Han come towards him. "You look great," he commented, tapping Snow White's shoulder. He leads Lu Han to join the rest of the actors backstage for a final preparation. There, Lu Han sees Kyungsoo with his black gown and a sparkly crown. His make-up makse him look more wicked than necessary, scaring Lu Han a little. "Oh there you are!" the evil queen greeted. He waved off his arm like a powerful queen and motioned towards Lu Han with a grin. "You look...nice enough," he remarks. Lu Han isn't sure if it was supposed to be a compliment or a dreading statement. He decides to smile at Kyungsoo as a final answer. Yifan appears in the scene with a princely aura, not until he starts playing with his sword. He turns into a nuisance. "Alright, alright. Everyone gather here. We have thirty minutes until showtime. Are all the actors present?" asks Minseok. Other students looks around and find someone missing. "Chen" says one. Minseok's face contorted in annoyance, "That little ! Where is he? Someone call him!"

"Little ?" Chen grits his teeth when he joins the group.. "I was just practicing my line in the dressing room. I was here all along! You even greeted me, Minseok!"

"Oh," the other boy looks away. "Sorry. I didn't notice you."

"What?" Chen sighed in disbelief. He wants to say more but decides to swallow his words and ignore Minseok. He paces towards Lu Han who feel sorry for him. "Minseok is getting on my nerves. He is doing this on purpose."

"Why so?"

"I don't know," Chen scratches his head. "He probably hates me because I topped the Arts class. He can get pretty competitive sometimes."

"Oh."

"Where's Jongin by the way?"

Lu Han's face brightens at the mention of his Nini, "He is out buying a snack for me later. He knows I get hungry easily." Chen takes notice of Lu Han's happy tone and smirks, "He really cares for you, doesn't he?"

Lu Han nods with a smile. 

Soon, their conversation ends when Minseok calls to get ready. They gather behind the curtain with some actors peeking through to see the crowd of people. Some kill time by practicing their lines. Lu Han, in particular, keeps on mumbling his lines and distorts his face for facial expressions. Suddenly, the pressure of performing with a live audience scares him. He gulps hard and looks around, wondering if his Nini will go to the  backstage to see him before the show.  He tries to calm himself but he keeps on fidgeting. "Lulu?"

Lu Han swings around and runs towards Jongin when he heard him call. "Nini, I'm nervous," Lu Han whispers when Jongin hugged him. The older boy does his best to assure Lu Han by his head gently, "I know, Lulu. You need to be brave to bring out a good show to everyone, but don't forget to have fun with your fellow actors as well. You practiced hard for this so trust yourself. You can do it." 

Lu Han nods weakly. Jongin drifts away from the embrace and places a gentle kiss on Lu Han's forehead, "I love you." That was supposed to be a good luck kiss but Lu Han ends up teary-eyed because of Jongin's words. He grabs the older boy's arm before he can leave. "Nini."

"Lu Han! Get back here already! The show is about to start!" Minseok calls before running after the other actors.

"You need to go now, Lulu. I'll be watching. Good luck."

"Nini! Wait up!" Lu Han follows Jongin in haste before he tiptoes and presses their lips together. Jongin is caught off-guard and almost lost his balance at the sweet but sudden action. When they break away, Jongin's face and ears heat up. His heart, thanks to Lu Han, is beating wildly, making him pant a little. His eyes are wide open, staring at Lu Han who just smiles at him innocently. "L-lu..."

"There. I think I'm not scared anymore," he giggles and waves goodbye to his Nini to join the other actors who thankfully, didn't catch the scene between them. Jongin goes back to the audience aisle in a daze while his lips. 

 

 

"Lalalala lalalala"

/cue birds singing/

Snow White skips happily to the palace garden where a handsome prince saw her. "She's so lovely," the prince mutters breathlessly as he jumps off from his horse. He hides behind the bushes and watches Snow White pick some lovely roses. At that moment, he immediately fell in love with her. 

(And someone else in the audience falls deeper for the actor.)

-

/Kyungsoo appears on stage. Everyone in the audience gasp./

"Snow White! You will perish in this world. I, the queen, will be the fairest among women!" the queen laughs wickedly.

-

"Oh I can't do it," the hunter falls on his knees. "I can't kill her! My heart can't take to kill such innocent girl!" Minseok, sporting a blank expression out of anxiousness, is internally glad that Chen's acting was on point.

-

Snow White sings happily with her new friends, the seven dwarves. They live merrily until the unfortunate incident happens. Snow White drops the poisonous apple and falls on the ground. When the seven dwarves return, they are all stunned to find the lifeless beauty on the floor. The dwarves and the forest animals mourn the death of Snow White. She lies on a flower casket where her beauty shines even thought death. When all hope was gone, a prince comes along and sets his sad eyes on Snow White. He falls on his knees and cries quietly near the lifeless body. "Why did it have to end this way? Why did you leave me before I can show you how much I love you? My princess, can you feel my heart breaking?" The prince leans closer to Snow White and plants a gentle kiss on her lips.

Lu Han purses his lips. "Too close," he mumbles when Yifan comes close to his face. "Hush! Keep quiet. I won't be kissing you, silly," the taller boy whispers. "Just stay still."

"'kay."

 

"What in the world?!" Chanyeol squeals. "What is he doing to my son?" Baekhyun covers his mouth right away before he disturbs the crowd. "Don't be too loud. That's part of the script, honey! It's just a fake kiss, right Jongin?" Instead of a confirmation, Baekhyun's mouth hangs open when he finds the boy with a grimly face; eyes piercing on Yifan. "This is not going too well," Baekhyun shakes his head. Fortunately, the play ended well. The casts bowed with gratitude at their audience before dispersing backstage. 

Lu Han runs towards his family with a huge smile. "I did it!" he exclaims before hugging Baekhyun and Chanyeol. "Yes, you did, Lulu. You were wonderful," says Chanyeol like a proud father. "We are so proud of you," Baekhyun adds, earning a chuckle from Lu Han. "Nini!!!" The boy almost tackles Jongin when he embraced him. "I did it! I did it!" Jongin holds him tightly and nods, "Told you."

While Lu Han describes to his family how he felt on the stage, Yifan happens to pass by. He stops on his tracks and observes Lu Han talking animatedly. The latter looks like an adorable child, trying to please his parents. Yifan doesn't notice that he has been staring at Lu Han for a while. Not until, Jongin appears in his sight with unamused expression. "Do you need anything?" the other boy asks.

Yifan looks away and shakes his head. He turns to the other side and walks away in silence, leaving Jongin with a frown. 

"What are you looking at, Nini?" asks Lu Han. The older boy averts his eyes from Yifan's direction and fakes smile, "Nothing." He laces his fingers on Lu Han's and turns to Baekhyun, "Can we stay for the after-party?"

"Of course! We will be heading back to work. You enjoy, okay?"

"Yes, omma. Thanks!"

 

After Baekhyun and Chanyeol left, Jongin brings Lu Han into an empty classroom, away from the party going at the school's main hall. "What are we doing here, Nini?" asks the innocent one while scanning the room.

Jongin faces Lu Han and stares at him intensely, making the younger boy blush hard. Jongin can't help but stare at those plump limps that look so inviting. His face heats up when he remembers how Lu Han's lips felt on him. He swallows the lump on his throat and cups the pair of chubby cheeks, "Lulu, don't get mad at me, okay? I-I have been wanting to do this for a while now."

Lu Han his head questioningly. Before he can open his mouth, Jongin moves in and captures his lips. His eyes shoot open momentarily. He blinks rapidly, with Jongin's warm lips pressed against his. When he comes into realization,  he slowly closes his eyes and places his hands on the older boy's shoulders. Jongin pulls away for a while to see the pleasant smile carved on those breathtaking lips. He is relieved to see Lu Han gazing at him with the same amount of adoration. He admits it. He was jealous of Yifan and how he got close to Lu Han. It's pathetic when he knows it's only for the show yet he can't help himself. He needs assurance and Lu Han's kisses happens to be the best cure for his troubled heart.

 

 

 

(Now that he knows, Jongin can't help but ask for more.)

 

A/n: It's been a while since I updated this fic. This is [still] unedited, guys so I apologize for the grammar mistakes. This is inspired by Gakuen Alice's 'Snow White play' episode. Oh oh oh! Two major things:  Jongin and Lu Han kissed! & Yifan developing a like for Lu Han! I smell rivalry (?).

Leave a comment, subscribe and upvote!  chu chu~ Happy 2016, everyone!

((I made a twitter acc solely dedicated to my subbies. If you have questions about my fanfics, Kailu requests or anything about Kailu/LuHarem, hit me up on @Atobayashi. ^_~)