Chapter 3: Little Girl

My Overprotective Brother TOP
Please log in to read the full chapter

Now Playing: Sunset Glow (Big Bang)

 

 

It was still a moody, early morning outside, but Jinseok oppa and me were already on the road. I sat on the passenger seat, too sleepy to talk, when a sudden motion caused me to wake a little.

 

Buzz!

 

I swiped the message button with my thumb glancing surreptitiously at my phone. I haven't even taken in the first message when it buzzed again to reveal another one.

 

Oppa

You have a shooting today, right?

 

Oppa

What time are you coming home later?

 

Me

Maybe late, 10-ish? I have two schedules today.

 

Oppa

Where?

 

Me

Ceci, in the morning. Then a variety show from the afternoon till 9.

 

Oppa

Okay.

BTW did you eat anything? There seems to be a lot of bread and bacon left.

 

Me

Oh, did you just wake up?

I did. I had fruit.

 

Oppa

Just fruit???

 

Me

-_-

 

Me

Yes, fruit. Two bananas and some egg and toast.

 

Oppa

Okay.

 

Oppa

Bundle up, please.

 

I sighed. The days after my dinner with Big Bang passed like a blur. I'd be in three or four places in one day for work, and it's been days since I saw my brother properly. He and I would often only wake at the exact moment that the other would be leaving, so he'd occasionally send me messages on Kakao, reminding me to bundle up or eat properly, or lock up when he'll be late. I glanced at Jinseok-oppa, focusing entirely on getting me to my shoot. In odd times, I'd realize that I had been spending more time on the road with him than Seunghyun-oppa.

 

Jinseok-oppa peered at me and the road alternately. "You've been too quiet. Everything okay?"

 

I smiled. "Uh-huh. Just tired, I think. We've been going back and forth for days."

 

"Well, yeah. Then next week you're starting the shoot for the drama in Uijeongbu. I'm a little worried, to be honest."

 

"Why?" I dipped my head to the side.

 

"I won't be there with you. Jina's coming instead; my wife's due for an important doctor's appointment then. I trust the crew with you, but it's too easy to get sick in this cold. The other kids don't know you as well as I do."

 

"We'll be fine," I assured him. Jinseok-oppa takes his job seriously, but I feel like it's also because we've both started our jobs together that he's more particular about me than any of the people he's handled. He's been my manager ever since, and

Please log in to read the full chapter