[MyungStal] Friends?

The Road of Love [사랑의 길] | A One-shot Gallery

With you, I feel the difference.

Cast: Kim Myungsoo, 'Krystal' Jung Soojung

Scenario: Two complete strangers with pretty much the same reason meet.


He sat there, trying to put everything together.

Failure, a complete failure you are! Their screams resonated in his mind.  It would've been better if you had never come here. Especially, his brother's

Being an adopted kid was hard, especailly in a society where people love to put you down in the darkest parts of life. And that was exactly Kim Myungsoo's condition now.

Even though he has the least to no memory of his biological parents, he felt happy with this foster family; a place he ended up at when he was eight years old. Except... for their discouraging words, he was quite content with his life. Money to enjoy whatever he wanted, but nothing to bring him the smallest of happiness. 

His 'mother' was never there when he came first in the Athletics championships in School, His 'Father' was never there in the Parent-Teacher meetings. It wasn't his parents who clapped for him when he received his graduation certificate. He went through it all alone. Aside from his friends, no one was there who were close to him.

And his brother, Kim Moonsoo, despised him the most. Being their biological son was a plus for him to push Myungsoo to the very edge and not feel a bit of guilt for it.

There was only so much he could endure.

He got up, his hands over the rails, looking over the Han River.

It is time I end this, once and for all, he thought as he stood on the rails, trying to balance himself.

"Getting ready for suicide, now are we?" The sudden female voice made him almost fall down, but he thankfully held a bar beside him.

"Huh?" He asked, fear clearly visible in his shaky voice.

"If you want to do it, then you don't think" It was clear that the girl was drunk. "Courage is the most important thing in suicide. Or you have the suicide helpline there, insert a coin and call them. They'll give you advice on life, which probably doesn't exist for rich kids like us"

"How do you—"

"No average guy has the money to wear a leather fur-coat as luxurious as yours." She cut in, not letting him finish his question.

"So? What do you want me to do?" He asked.

"Do whatever you wanted to, but wait for me"

"Eh?"

"I'm going to commit suicide too!!" She exclaimed so happily.

"You?!" He gasped. "Wh-Why are you doing that?"

"Because I have my own problems, dumbo" She dead-panned, looking at him with a 'duh' look. "And this is probably my only way to end it"

"Guess we're on the same boat" He chuckled, trying to lighten the air. Having a suiciadal girl beside you doesn't make it easier.

"Same boat, my ," He could've assumed she was pretty rude for a sophisticated girl, but he shut himself up before he created a problem. "You should've said 'Same cruise' "

He got the pun in that, a very low pun, but a joke it is. He laughed short and turned to her. "So, why do you want to die?"

"To get rid of my problems," She sighed. "To get rid of my life"

"Many people would kill to be where we are" 

"But little do they know how we actually live; bound to sophistication, rules, and class. Oh, the discrimination!" He found it hard to not laugh at her 'words'. "Wow, that ended up a bit poetic" She said with a smile.

For a second, he thought his heart skipped a beat.

"I'm Soojung, You're?"

"Myungsoo" He answered without hesitation.

A comfortable silence floated between them. "I used to hate drinking syrups back when I was a kid. My mom used to count till three and I'd gulp it down"

He wondered as to why she said that all of a sudden. 

"Let's see if this works here" She hiccuped. "You in?"

"Y-Yeah" He said, his resolve slowly disappearing. Suddenly, he didn't want to die. He wanted to live, face everything, and die happily without being forced.

"One" She counted, dropping the beer can she held in her hands. It fell into the river, a small splash alone audible.

"Two,"

"I don't think—"

"Thre—"

 He pulled her behind, without thinking that they were going to fall to an injury either way. He too, along with her, fell back, and felt the hard concrete hit his head, quite hard. He turned to look at her after a long minute. She had her smile, but that stayed for an inhumanly long time. He felt everything around him starting to get far away, even Soojung.


When he woke up from what felt like an eternity of darkness, he saw brightness. Too bright for him, he squnited his eyes.

"Myungsoo? Are you fine?" He heard a voice. His 'mother'. He opened his eyes again, and looked at her. Her tear-stricken face felt a bit too fake for him, but he decided not to assume anything. He groaned a yes to her, and blocked out everything else.

After everyone in his family came to have a talk with him and he was ready to fall asleep again, he heard a creak on the door.

"Excuse me..?" A girl entered the room. "Myungsoo, right?"

He felt the familiarity in her, and blinked once to get a clear view of her.

"Soo... Soojung...?" He asked unsurely. She nodded and sat beside him, a bandage around her head.

"I'm sure you remember our 'meeting' yesterday" She said. It was his turn to nod. "Ooh, you got hurt bad" She touched the bandage around his head, with his hissing a bit at the pain.

"Does that pain? Mine hurts a lot.."

He could not believe it. For some odd reason, he could not. It's not an everyday thing that a girl comes to meet him, remembering their meeting at a suicide point.

"I-I'm.. sorry" He blurted, a bit guilty. 

"Well, this was to happen sooner or later. If I had fell forward, I would've missed you"

"So you are like this" He said unconsciously, and took really late to realise what he had said.

"People always think I'm a bit reserved, but I'm not. I could be probably the most honest and outgoing girl you've ever met" She said and with nod, and stuck her hand out. "Jung Soojung"

He took her hand, and shook it briefly. "Kim Myungsoo" He said with a smile. "Let's meet each other in better circumstances" If she's outgoing, so would I be.

"Yeah, without any suicidal mind. Friends?"

And that is how they started off. As friends.


"But... why me?" Myungsoo asked Soojung, his hands embracing her tightly. 'Why did you choose to befriend me?"

"With you, I felt the difference" She smiled at the thought. "I felt that I could be genuine with you. You had me end up with a less fatal injury" They snuggled into each other's embrace even more, happier than ever.

Because they belonged to each other.


[i think i kinda established my style of writing...? i ship myungstal af, theyre so cute in MyLovable Girl! i wish they had sung together... hing.]