[Kim Jisoo] I thought I'd never

The Road of Love [사랑의 길] | A One-shot Gallery

I thought I'd never get to say I like you...

Cast: Kim Jisoo, Song Jimin (OC)

Scenario: She is never careful to keep herself safe. And it is him to her rescue this time.


Song Jimin

So... this is me, Song Jimin. Married to Kim Jisoo, a renowned actor. How we got married? I don't know that for sure. If only my parents told me everything...

Anyways, I studied in the Oklahoma University's Spears School of Business [A/N: i had to research a bit for this, okay?]. Even when I studied at the Oklahoma University, it still didn't get me anywhere near Business. As soon as I graduated, I got married. We weren't given time to think it out, or to at least voice out our consent. Everything was arranged and forced. I'm not quite sure why my Dad decided on getting me married if he sent me to study Business. I remember laughing about this with Jisoo one day, when we were drunk. That was pretty much the longest conversation we had. We never talk with each other, since I go to my Dad's office whenever I can, and he goes to act in dramas. We barely have time; well he barely has time. I never bothered to initiate a conversation with him. It wasn't me who wished to marry him, and it isn't my wish to talk to him.

But these days, I feel like talking with him. I started to leave post-it notes with messages around him and stay silent. He'd reply and stick it at the same place. This is how our conversation went. And I didn't have any problem with it. Take it slow, I remember someone saying it to me once. And that is exactly how I liked it to be.

Now, I'm walking to the grocery store, since I felt like cooking that day. Also, it is his last day of shooting for his new drama too. I hope he gets some rest after this... Wait what? I think to myself with a chuckle as I took a turn. The road was strangely lonely; it was usually filled with someone. Looking around me cautiously, I gladly reach the grocery story. 

"Hmm... How about some dakkalbi?" I thought as I went through the racks. I decided on dakkalbi and bought the necessary items.

There's this person who usually cooks for both of us, since I never bothered to learn cook. I sent her home today, wanting to cook. I just hope everything goes right... I sigh to myself and pay for the items, and walk back to home soon.

I start cooking, but did not notice that candle which was on the table, lit up. I'm not sure who lit that up, but I never noticed it. As I place the finished dakkalbi on the table, I accidentally make the candle fall off. It wouldn't have mattered, if only the table cloth didn't catch fire.

Being pyrophobic doesn't help either.

It becomes harder to breathe as the fire spreads. I back away from the fire, unable to think of anything.  Memories of my childhood days— when I got stuck in a big fire accident— flashes through my mind. The microwave in our home got a short-circuit and spread fire everywhere. My mom managed to escape while I got stuck in there for almost seven hours before the firefighters came and rescued me. Every detail passes through my eyes, scaring me even more. I cannot breathe anymore. The smoke's spreading throughout the kitchen. I get why I never bothered to learn to cook. I feel huge beads of sweat decorate my pale face. I might sound sarcastic but this is me here. My breathing becomes more hitched. It is suffocating, and I want to call for help. As soon as I open my motuh, I start to cough. The smoke is even more suffocating. I feel myself starting to tremble. I want to be brave, be bold, but I can't.

I think of my family.

I think of my friends.

i think of Jisoo. I think I hear him around me.

What if I never get to say I like him?

I feel a hand beside me, and hold it tightly; it feels a bit better.

And I pass out.


Kim Jisoo

I am returning to my home now; 'our' home. Yes, I got married. I'm not sure how it all happened. Song Jimin was someone wo I never expected in my life, yet someone who also is close to my ideal type. Someone who is reserved yet bold when time calls for it; Someone who thinks practically. I didn't like her in the beginning, but I didn't quite hate her either. 

At first, I didn't have any interest to go to what was called 'our home'. Now, I'm more than eager to get home faster than usual, probably for Jimin's post-it note messages. Her words, even when they're not said out loud, make me feel happy. And I actually like replying back to them. It is a bit embarassing that she is the one initiating a 'conversation' first while me being the guy in the relationship; I still am not quite comfortable with her.

As I near the house, I see something yellow flickering inside. It can't be fire, now can it be? I think to myself. I get off the car, bid my Manager-hyung a goodbye and walk inside.

The hotness of fire become more intense as I get inside, and I soon sense something had caught fire.

"Jimin? Song Jimin!" i call for her, but could only hear her muffled gasps. S-She isn't inside... the place... right? I run inside what I recognise as the kitchen, partly engulfed by the fire.

I stop momentarily.

"J-Jisoo..." I can see her calling for me, looking white as a paper, but I cannot move. Seeing her this weak had me surprised for a second. I had always thought she was a strong girl who wasn't afraid of anything.

Screw the thoughts, Kim Jisoo! My mind yells at me.

"J-Jimin..!" I crouch down beside her, and reach for her. She holds my hand really tight, the sweat in her hands making her grip greasy and slippery. 

"F-Fi-re..." She croaks out. It feels bad to see her like this; if only I had reached home sooner.

Suddenly, I feel a weight against me: She had passed out. And she didn't look like she was breathing.

It takes me almost some minutes to precess everything and take her out first. The fire had grown more and more suffocating and big by now. I call the firefighters, inform them about the location and take her to the Hospital. I'm really afraid right now; what if she gets into a critical situation just because I went home late? I'd feel really guilty...

I keep looking at once in a while as I swerve through the roads. She still isn't looking any better, now that she's out of the place.

I remember her Father telling me once about her fear of fire or something... but I didn't know it was this severe.

I take her inside the hospital in my arms, looking around for someone to help me. They take her to the ER, and make me wait outside.

I am literally trembling right now. I just want her to be safe.

Maybe.. What if I'd never get to say I like her? My eyes widen at the thought. Not because of the increasing possibility, but because of the absurdness in the question: Since when did I start to actually like her..?

I sit on the chairs kept outside, hands supporting y face as my eyes waver here and there in light fear. I find myself whispering a small prayer for her to be safe.

The Doctor came outside, and tells that I can go inside and see her. Nothing else falls inside my ears, I just wait for him to move away from my way and storm inside. She's sleeping, a peaceful look on her face. She still looks pale, but actually a bit better than before. My hand holds hers, without me even realising it.

"Never thought you could scare me... Was this your message today?" I chuckle to myself dryly, the awkwardness filling the air.

"Honestly, I liked your messages everyday. Might be better if you say them out loud, but post-its are a great way too" 

Who is talking? This isn't me... I never talk like this. Did I drink alcohol by mistake? I start thinking to myself.

"... You did?" I hear a voice, and turn almost immediately, only to find her smiling at me.

Oh that smle.

"Huh?"

"You liked... my messages to you?"

"Y-yeah... I did" I wonder when I started stuttering in front of a girl.

"I thought I'd never get to say I like you..." She blurts out, or so I think. I look at her with wide eyes, while she just smiles wider with her eyes closed. Maybe she doesn't realise she actually confessed to me first.

And I'm the guy in the relationship. Great.

"I-I thought that too" I say.

"Really? You like me too" Who is the guy here again?

"Y-yeah.. I guess" I smile at her. She smiles back again.

Oh, that smile again.


[whoo!!! Kim Jisoo being this shy? not expected from someone who's acted bold and greatly in Sassy, Go Go! yeah, this is my SGG feels kicking in again. but honestly, Ha Joon should have gotten Yeon Doo, since Yeol's father and her Mother were dating!! who thought he'd beg to be adopted by someone to escape from being sisters with Yeon Doo? i've heard of him before from Angry Mom, since many people said he was a really good actor in that drama. anyways, enjoy~!]