Jealousy

Im Family

Yoona wakes up to the sound her wife singing. It’s been a habit for Jessica to sing while feeding Nayeon, she usually sits on the bed and resting her back on the headboard, at this position she can see the two of her favorite people in the world, Yoona who’s still asleep beside her and Nayeon who gets fed on her arms.

“Good morning sunshine~” Jessica greets her now awaken wife who yawns widely. Yoona smiles at her wife and sits up to kiss her and Nayeon.

“Morning girls~” She positions herself beside Jessica and begins caressing Nayeon’s forehead.

“Little shikshin is taking her breakfast early.” Yoona comments as Jessica leans her head to Yoona’s shoulder.

“I was preparing her neccesities for our appointment with pediatrician today when she woke up.” Nayeon lets out a cute hum as if she’s agreeing with what her mother said.

“That reminds me I have to call dr.Seo to inform her we will be coming today.” Yoona takes her phone from the nightstand and scrolls down her phone to search for the doctor’s number.

“Seohyun?” Jessica asks and receives a nod from Yoona.

Seohyun is actually Yoona’s ex-girlfriend while they were still in Med.School, she took Pediatric as her specialty a few years ago and now she works in a hospital that partnered with Yoona’s hospital. She’s a sweet girl, smart and breathtakingly beautiful. Jessica sometimes feel jealous though her wife already assures her that she and Seohyun are only friends and colleagues.

After she finished feeding Nayeon, Jessica buttons up her pajama and put Nayeon down to the bed. Without a word she walks out from the room and heading to kitchen, leaving Nayeon who actively raises her hands and legs and Yoona who’s on the phone with Seohyun. In kitchen, Jessica is frying some bacon and eggs for her and Yoona in silent.

Yoona just sighs knowingly at her wife’s antics. She just finished calling Seohyun and now she’s carrying Nayeon and rub her daughter’s back softly.

“Your mommy is jealous again Nayeon.” She tells her daughter, acting as if the baby understands her words. Nayeon is only responding by letting out small coos and a burp at the end then she laughs at her own burp. Yoona then laughs too at her daughter’s cuteness, Nayeon never fails to bring smile to Yoona’s and Jessica’s face everyday.

“Let’s check on your mommy now.” With that, Yoona walks to the kitchen and spots her wife in front of the stove preparing their breakfast. She kisses her wife’s cheek and goes to sit and wait for the breakfast with Nayeon in her arms.

“Don’t be jealous baby.”

“I’m not.” Jessica’s answer is short and cold. She then places the plates on the table and begin munching her breakfast. Yoona finds her wife is really cute right now, with her frowning face and  slightly pouty lips Jessica looks really cute in Yoona’s eyes.

“Really?” Yoona is holding back her grin watching the woman in front of her.

“Definitely.” Jessica has already finished her breakfast, she puts the dish on the sink and pick Nayeon from Yoona’s arms.

“Eat now baby, I’ll give Nayeon a bath and after that I’ll be getting ready for my meeting.”

Without waiting for Yoona’s reply, Jessica leaves the room and getting ready. Leaving a dumbfounded deer in the dining room.

 

 

“You must wait for my meeting to be finished first.” Jessica says before getting out of the car,bringing Nayeon with her.

“I thought I’ll just drop her off here and go to hospital after that.” Yoona stares at her wife’s back confused.

After she has parked her car, Yoona walks to children’s room. Yes, Jessica’s office has a special room for children, it was built after they have Nayeon. Just in case Jessica has to bring Nayeon there. Her staffs can use the room too. Jessica also provided toys and cribs there and she even hired babysitters to help.

Yoona asks one of the babysitter as she can’t find her daughter in the room.

“I think Jessica-ssi is still with Nayeon, Yoona-ssi.”

“Ah then I’ll just wait here.” Yoona takes a sit on the sofa and sudden realization hits her.

“SHE BRINGS HER TO THE MEETING THEN?!”

Yoona’s voice startles the babysitter who awkwardly smiles at her and she replies with a low voice

“Yes.”

Yoona slumps her her soulders and sinks deeper to her seat. Her wife and jealousy is seriously no joke. Yoona was supposed to just drop Jessica off in her office and she can go to hospital with Nayeon. After Nayeon’s checkup finished then Yoona can pick up Jessica again, that way it can save time. But now, Jessica is bringing Nayeon with her because she’s afraid Yoona will go to hospital without her.

“Aish, that wife of mine..” Yoona massages the bridge of her nose thinking about her wife’s silly antics because of her jealousy.

Yoona has waited for an hour in anxiety, her thoughts are flying to how is Nayeon doing, is she crying, is she hungry. A few minutes later, she gets a message from Jessica telling her that she’s waiting in the lobby.

“Baby, why did you bring Nayeon to the meeting room?” They’re already in the car and on their way to the hospital.

“I can’t just leave her there Yoongie, not until I know what’s happening with her.”

Yoona sighs and continues to focus on the road in front of her. They are a bit late for the appointment though, but Yoona is sure that Seohyun will understand. When they’ve arrived, the three of them immediately go to Children’s section.

A soft “Good morning.” Greets them as they go inside dr.Seo’s room,

“Good morning.” Jessica and Yoona give a half bow and sit on the chairs in front of the desk.

“So this is Im Nayeon’s first monthly checkup here right?” Seohyun asks both of parents with a smile.

“Yes.”

With the reply, Seohyun begins to measure Nayeon’s head, her height and weight, checking her gum to see if any teeth has grown and asks a few questions to Jessica and Yoona, although only Yoona who answers and Jessica stays silent.

“Nayeon is growing healthily, she seems bigger than babies around her age but I think that’s not a problem.” Seohyun says as she writes down in Nayeon’s card.

“Is there any reason why she’s been cranky and fussy lately,Doc?” Jessica finally asks a question.

“Ah that will be because of teething, it can cause difficulty sleeping too. And teething really irritates baby, in the meantime I suggest you can buy teether as Nayeon will start to bite anything she can find. To ease the pain in teething, you can gently rub her gum with your pinky but please make sure your hands are clean beforehand.”

The parents are nodding to Seohyun’s advice. Yoona is right afterall, Nayeon’s teething and it’s not something to worry about. Before taking their leave, Yoona shakes Seohyun’s hand and say thanks to her, while Jessica back to her silent self again.

“Thanks you so much, Seohyun. I guess we’ll meet again for the next appointment?”

“Don’t mention it, Yoona unnie. Ah, yes. I’ll schedule Nayeon’s next appointment for next month.”

“It’s nice to see you again, Seohyun. And congratulations for your engagement by the way.” With that being mention, Jessica glances at Seohyun’s ring finger and finds a silver band around it. She suddenly feels stupid for being jealous.

 

 

After bidding their goodbyes, The Ims take their leave with relieved feeling as their daughter is experiencing something normal.

“Yoongie, I’m sorry.” Jessica says to her driving wife.

“What for baby?” Yoona decides to play dumb and waits for Jessica’s answer.

“For being jealous.” She fiddles with Nayeon’s hem of dress. The little girl is sleeping peacefully in her mother’s arms.

“It’s okay baby.” Yoona reaches out to Jessica’s cheek and pinch it softly.

“I love you, Im Yoona.”

“I love you too, Jessica Jung.”