-Three-

Eighteen

It’s been a week since I started tutoring Lee Jinki secretly.

We have been studying in the secluded area of the library ever since he threatened... I mean, made a deal with me.

It was funny how Lee Jinki was never one to even touch a book, let alone step into a library. The librarian was extremely startled by his presence, she almost spit her water out the first time he came in with me.

 

“Song song, how long have we been studying,” Jinki asked, peering out the window.

I glanced at my watch, “It’s only been two hours.”

Jinki, I have to admit; is smart but his attention span is no joke. He gets distracted after a while and in the end I get roped up into whatever he wants to do.

“Song, let’s go watch a movie.”

“Are you nuts? I still have to go for night class!!”

Jinki rolled his eyes, “How much studying can you do in a day? Besides, you have to experience the thrill of skipping classes at least once in your high school life. Even if it’s just lame night classes.”

I hesitated, my clean school records will be tainted for life if I get caught skipping!

Jinki smirked, holding up his phone to show me Sung Hyuk’s number on speed dial.

“Call or not to call, that is the question.”

I groaned, why did Minah and Jinah have to stuff the stupid letter in Sung Hyuk’s locker??!!

“Alright, let’s go to the bus station then,” I stood up, clearing the table that was scattered with books.

Jinki chuckled, ‘Who said anything about the bus, and I have a motorcycle; remember?”

 

 

My first time on a motorcycle and I am screaming for dear life. Thank god I wore shorts underneath my damn skirt.

I clutched onto Jinki’s uniform tightly, “Why are you going so fast!!”

I could sense that he was laughing at me, “Hold onto my waist if you don’t wanna fall, you moron!!”

I bit my lip, wrapping my arms around his waist.

“Good girl,” Jinki screamed out while I silently prayed that this will be the last time I get on his motorcycle.

 

 

“I’ll go buy the tickets, wait here Song.”

Jinki ruffled my hair, leaving me at a side.

I glanced around, eyes finally landing on the snack corner. Popcorn goes well with movies, right?

I stood in line to see Jinki waving the tickets in his hand, walking towards me.

“You, you like to eat popcorn? Let me give you a special tip about your Sung Hyuk when it comes to watching movies.”

I turned to face him, “What’s the tip?”

“That guy likes watching action movies, and he brings his own snacks secretly. Cause he’s a health freak.”

I stopped in my tracks, “Then I shouldn’t eat this, right?”

“You, should just be yourself.  So eat whatever you like,” he dragged me out of the line and stood in line himself instead.

“One regular caramel popcorn and a regular coke, please.”

 

 

“We are watching a romance movie?”

I stared at the ticket Jinki handed me since his hands were full.

“Why, you don’t think someone like me would watch this?”

I shook my head, “I’ll pay you when we get inside.”

“Nope you don’t need to, consider this a part of the tuition fee if you want.”

 

 

I guess I really don’t know much about the guy who is crying beside me now.

The Lee Jinki is actually crying, actual tears streaming down his cheeks.

“Don’t just stare at me Song, watch the damn movie!!”

I gulped, eyes turning to focus on the movie.

 

 

“Song, don’t tell anyone that you saw me cry; got it?”

“Okay, I promise.”

The both of us walked out of the cinema, hands in our pockets.

“You are going home now right?”

I nod, “I’ll take the bus.”

“I’ll take you home.”

I freaked out, waving my hands frantically to protest. Jinki smirked, holding onto my wrists; “I don’t take no for an answer Song.”