-One-

Eighteen

-One-

Being eighteen has its ups and downs, but when you get older; you would realise that it doesn’t mean anything. But it will still remain as part of a precious memory.

 

“Song Min, hurry up before I leave you here!!”

That’s my older brother, Cho Kyuhyun nagging me. He is in charge of the house (including me of course) till our parents come back from their vacation.

Sometimes I wonder if we actually came out of the same mother’s tummy.

We don’t look alike whatsoever, he is moderately good looking (at least to me), and is pretty popular with the girls. Me on the other hand, yeah; the complete opposite.

 

“Minnie,” Kyuhyun oppa pinched my cheeks as soon as I emerged from my room, all ready for school.

“Don’t do that Kyu oppa, especially in school!!”

Yes, Kyuhyun oppa is a teacher in my school; which is a complete nightmare.

“Fine, I won’t bother you in school; but I get to pinch your cute chubby cheeks when we’re at home,” Kyuhyun oppa laughed evilly causing me to roll my eyes.

 

 

I don’t bother to hide me and my brother’s relationship in school since people eventually found out, they kinda… don’t care anyway.

I get out of the car with my brother continuously nagging me, telling me to eat properly, listen to the teacher and stuff like that; like what mom would say. He’s becoming even more irritating now, I better tell him not to act like that around the girl he likes.

 

My best friends, Minah and Jinah were already waiting for me at the school entrance.

“Hi Kyu oppa,” they both greet my brother simultaneously, it’s weird how twins can do that easily; as if they can read each other’s mind.

Kyuhyun oppa waved back, heading in before us.

“Did you see Sung Hyuk today? He looks exceptionally handsome!!”

Sung Hyuk is the school’s smart guy, every school has someone like that I think. A smart, handsome and kind guy that almost every girl in school crushes on, including yours truly.

“He is always handsome,” I chuckled.

Jinah scoffed, “I think Jinki is more handsome.”

When there is a smart guy, there will always be the presence of a bad boy. In our school he goes by the name of Lee Jinki.

He is the leader of the gang with four other guys, and they are all in the last class; the class where nobody cares about anything really.

Somehow the smart guy and the bad boy in our school aren’t rivals like what they show in dramas, they actually are on friendly terms; which is kinda weird to me. Maybe I watched too many dramas. 

 

The three of us turn to see both Sung Hyuk and Jinki talking to each other, with Jinki’s gang right behind them.

All the girls swoon at them, while the three of us could only stare in awe.

They enter the school grounds with Jinki’s gang preventing the girls from surrounding them.

The school bell rang, causing everyone to enter their respective classes. Jinah, Minah and I are in the same class, along with the prettiest girl in school; Yoon Ae.

She is probably the epitome of perfection, at least to the guys. The guys in class always stare at her, and some pass by our class just to take a glance at her beauty. She is the girl that everyone likes. Which probably includes Sung Hyuk as well.

Why is life so unfair??

 

 

Oh well, no matter what happens; I still have Onew oppa by my side.

I took out my notebook from my bag that is full of Onew oppa’s pictures I secretly printed from my brother’s printer to admire them while the homeroom teacher starts her amazing skill of putting people to sleep.

I became Onew oppa’s fan ever since I started high school. I heard his song for the first time on the radio and fell in love. Then I started watching his videos, and yeah; the rest is history.

I sometimes wish that I could find someone like Onew oppa to love me. I am not asking for a lot, right?

 

 

“Min-ah, are you sure you don’t wanna give that letter to Sung Hyuk? I mean, you can always stuff it in his locker when no one is watching,” Minah asks during break.

It was almost Valentine’s Day, so the twins and I had nothing better to do than to write love letters to our crushes; which meant two for Sung Hyuk and one for Jinki.

“Why don’t you send yours then?”

Minah smirked evilly, “I did, but I ‘accidentally’ sent yours instead.”

I turned to both Minah and Jinah, who just looked away; feigning ignorance.

“Yah, you guys!!”

I panicked, mind completely blank until I decided to do the only thing that can be done in this horrible situation.

 

I have to get the letter back!!!

 

 I ran as fast as I could to where Sung Hyuk’s locker was.

To my horror, the Lee Jinki was there; seeming to be looking for something in the locker when…

He held my pink letter up, probably trying to figure out what it was.

I froze in place, as he turned to see if anyone was around; to only lay eyes on me.