Cold Heart

Heart Attack
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We both were late for class to start, and ran through the hallways like the wind, and soon, we were out of breath, and outside the classroom. I turned to V, who was leaning on the wall to catch his breaths.

"See? If I were to come to school by myself, we both weren't being late like this." I say through breaths, and he just turned to me and uttered a breathy laugh.

"Its fun going to school with you likes this." He said, and I rolled my eyes, and stood back up, and took a deep breath, and turned the door handle. Mr. Yoo and the whole classroom turned their heads when we walked in, but I just ignored them all, and tried to walk to my seat like nothing happened, but when Mr. Yoo cleared his throat, I stopped.

"Ms. Kim, and Mr. Kim... why were you both late for class?" He asked us sternly, tapping his ruler in his hand on the board, so we both turned around to look at him. "I-I was late because-" "Sorry seonsaeng-nim. It was my fault to cause the both of us to be late." He said without any sign of nervousness, and I turned to look at him.

Mr. Yoo narrowed his eyes at both of us. "Seeing that it is the second day back to school and getting late is quite unbelievable. You two will be punished. Go outside and stand there for the rest of the class.

When class is over, you may come in and get your homework that I have for you. You will be graded on how much you know without my lesson." He pointed at the door, and we reluctantly made our way out the classroom. I leaned on the wall, and he leaned right next to me.

Once the door closed, I turned my head towards him. "What was that? Being all brave now are you?" "I saved us." He said as he turned to me. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Saved? Then what are we doing out here then?" "Spending time together." He said as he raised his arms up, and yawned. I frowned at him, and shook my head with a sigh. He's so unbelievable. It drives me nuts how he always states things without shame, and that he never reacts to my mean comments towards him. It's like it never works on him.

Was he seriously that in love with me? How can a person fall in love so easily when they just met for the first time? For goodness sake, he doesn't even know me that well. I wanted to know from him, so I turned. It was plain coincidence, but he turned his head towards me at the same time.

He looked at me, at first, with no expression, but then his lips turned up into a smile as stared back at me. I've never looked at him this long before, but I could tell something was familiar about his face, and something... mysterious.

"Why'd you cut your hair short?" He asked so suddenly, I was total caught off guard of how random it was. I frowned, and looked away from him, and at my hands which were resting in my lap as I sat crossed legged on the ground.

"I can't tell you." I say, looking at my black polish colored fingernails. "Is it a secret?" "No. I just don't want to talk about it right now." I say, and reached and touched the ends of my hair strands mindlessly.

"It sounds like something sad had happened." He said, most likely to himself. I sighed, and started tugging my hair. "Did you breakup with someone?" "This discussion is over." I say, and turned my body to the side, so that my back was facing him as I leaned my head on the wall, feeling the numbness again.

And the discussion was over. When the time came for class to be over for lunch, we came back inside to collect our homework, as well as a detentions slip for being late, starting today.

The old me would be surely unhappy about having a detentions slip on the second day of school, but since now I was cha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter