The One That Got Away - Part 1

Shades Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The One That Got Away

 

"My first love, I'll never forget, and it's such a big part of who I am, and in so many ways, we could never be together, but that doesn't mean that it's not forever. Because it is forever."

by Rashida Jones

 

„Jisoo-yah, just why did you drink so much?" Jinyoung asked as he carried her inside of his apartment.

"Because I knew you would look after me well, Oppa." She whispered full of confidence while her head was leaning against his muscular chest, causing his heart to skip a beat. Her confident reply left him speechless.

"You don't like me romantically and you are close friends with my brothers. Of course you would take care of me." She said with a muffled voice before she completely fell asleep in his arms

If only she knew, he thought.

Seriously, how did Jisoo always manage to leave him at a loss for words?

Park Jinyoung was usually someone who knew what he wanted and how to get it. He was calm and confident, but also quite straight forward and good with words. There weren't many things that surprised him and in a discussion he was usually quick-witted and sometimes even a bit too savage. Most people felt a sense of inferiority in his presence, especially if they didn't know him well. He generally liked his effect on them though. It was a great advantage at work and somehow, with regards to his private life, it even made him popular with the ladies.

However, Jisoo, although not being very familiar with him, had never been intimidated at all by his presence. When they first met in Canada, she had greeted him politely but confidently. He returned the greeting and Jisoo acknowledged his introduction with the brightest smile he had ever seen on a girl. Upon this, for the first time ever, he noticed himself grin like a true idiot.

Being good friends with Taemin and Kai, he had all the intentions to treat Jisoo like a younger sister. However, she made it really hard for him right from the start.

He knew many pretty people. But Jisoo was way beyond that. She was the most naturally beautiful girl he had ever seen in his entire life. In his opinion she could be a model without even having to try to be one. Her features were just that perfect.

But what truly caught his attention was that breath taking smile of hers. It made her sweet cherry lips almost turn into a heart shape while her eyes would sparkle like bright stars on a dark night sky. He couldn't help it, whenever he saw it he felt his cheekbones rising up as well.

Of course he was trying hard to play it cool and seem unaffected by her irresistible charms. He didn't want to make a fool out of himself in front of her and he wasn't exactly keen on earning Taemin's and Kai's wrath for trying to hit on their only female Dongsaeng either. He told himself again and again to only think of her as a younger sister. Everything else would end up in a catastrophe.

However, when they collided on the slopes and Jisoo ended up sitting on top of him, he knew there was no point in fooling himself. His heart almost jumped out of his chest back then and he felt his stomach tingle like crazy when she leaned over him and placed her hands on his shoulders, just to tell him she had pinned him down.

He immediately knew what she was referring to. Having two older sisters at home, of course he had seen the Lion King at least twice. But he was too caught off guard by his own emotions to skilfully laugh the situation off. It caused some awkwardness between them, which left Jinyoung torn. He was somewhat thankful for the break he got from Jisoo's unintentional but constant charm attack. On the other hand he had already developed some kind of graving for her attention.

When Jisoo disappeared from the ski hut later that night he became extremely worried. Too worried for someone who had just met her. Nevertheless he blamed himself for not keeping a better eye on her. If only that blonde Canadian chick hadn't been so intrusive at the time. When he finally declined her advances, Jisoo was already gone. Taemin and Kai quickly noticed it too and while the private party was going on for the rest of the people, the three of them immediately started to look for her.

Taemin was checking the rooms upstairs while Kai examined the wide floor they were already on, including the bath rooms. Meanwhile Jinyoung decided to look for Jisoo outside.

He eventually found her sitting on a bench beside a nearby barn. It was minus five degrees but she was not wearing her jacket.

"What are you doing out here by yourself?" He asked worriedly but at the same time relieved to have found her. He immediately took off his winter jacket and put it around her slim shoulders. Luckily he was wearing a few layers of clothing. It was still very cold though.

"I'm looking at the stars." Jisoo said dreamily. "They look so bright from here."

"It's because we are quite far away from the city and its lights." Jinyoung subconsciously replied and Jisoo nodded in agreement.

Her cheeks were slightly flushed and with the soft smile on her lips she looked as beautiful as ever.

"We should go back." Jinyoung suggested. "It's too cold for you outside." And for me too, he added in his thoughts.

"Do you dislike me, Oppa?" Jisoo suddenly asked him out of the blue, not even reacting to his previous suggestion.

Having grown up in America, he was not used to being named an Oppa at all. He had to admit it though, when she called him like that it had a pleasing sound to it. It somehow made him feel much closer to her.

Her query caught him off guard.

"No. Why would you think that?" He asked. The question really surprised him.

"I dunno..." She mumbled. "It feels like you are avoiding me."

Jisoo leaned her head against the barn and closed her eyes.

"You were uncomfortable with me being so close to you back at the slopes, weren't you?" She asked in slurred speech and Jinyoung had the suspicion that she didn't just drink alcohol-free punch like she had promised her elder brothers. If she was indeed tipsy, her sudden disappearance made much more sense.

He didn't know what to say about her observation. He did feel uncomfortable due to her abrupt closeness. However, it was certainly not because he disliked her... It was more like the opposite. But he couldn't tell her that, could he?

"Jisoo-yah" He said softly and sat down next to her while grabbing her cold hand. "We should really go back now. Your brothers are looking for you in the house already. Imagine what would have happened to you if I d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter