pt. ii

if these sheets were states
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ironically enough, the one who ended it was also the one who started their relationship. 

Sometime during her Dumb Dumb promotions and heavy individual schedules (meaning We Got Married with Sungjae, much to Taehyung's numerous whines and sad pouts), Joy received a two-day break in the middle of everything, and it gave her room to breathe. Two days without having a manager follow her around, two days without schedules and two days without (hopefully) fans who swarmed her until she couldn't even see the view in front of her. (Don't get her wrong - Joy loves her fans dearly, she really does, but sometimes things could get slightly overbearing.) Most importantly, two days without the cameras rolling and her having to be careful about anything that slipped through her lips; two days for her to finally be Park Sooyoung instead of Red Velvet's Joy.

"Are you going to meet up with Taehyung?" Seulgi asked the night before Joy's break, the both of them collapsed on the floor of their practice room, sweat running down their skin after their thousandth time practicing their dance. Joy, clad in her sweatpants and oversized shirt, propped herself up using her elbows - damn, was she always this heavy, or was it the fatigue? - and flashed a dopey grin towards her friend's direction, a giggle sounding from .

"Maybe. We haven't really talked about going anywhere, but maybe I'll get someone to drive me to Bighit's building," answered Joy, and Seulgi smiled, a little too tired to sit up and smile back properly at Joy, but she appreciated the gesture. "How about you, unnie? How will you be spending your break? Got a secret boyfriend you haven't told any of us about?" The younger teased, wriggling her brows in an over-exaggerated, comical gesture. Seulgi rolled her eyes, and Joy thought if there was a pillow, the older would've chucked it at her.

"You know I don't have the time for relationships," muttered Seulgi as she slowly sat up from her position on the floor, hand rubbing her back to easen the knot she'd gained from dancing and laying down on the hard, wooden floor. "I'll only consider dating after - "

"We get our first Daesang. I know, unnie." Joy smiled warmly at Seulgi, who blushed and stammered out a small mutter of agreement. "Really though, if you wanted to date, I'm sure you would've found someone by now. Everyone who's worked with you has probably a small crush on you. Like that rapper, the one you met on that show. The one who kept telling his labelmates about you." Joy giggled, the idea of Seulgi being with someone just excited her for some reason - because she knew, despite Seulgi's protests and outspoken disagreements, the girl longed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter