Chapter 5

1 + 10

The bell rings for the end of the day,

“FINALLY!” Xiao huffs while Hwanhee stretches his arms up to loosen them up. Choonhee beings to pack her bag while looking back and forth at the wall clock above the large white board.

“Hurry up! Choonhee” Xiao impatiently whines, while he and Hwanhee wait for her at the front of the door.

When walking Choonhee slowly began to stop walking and the boys look at her blankly because of her random action and she just faintly smiles at them.

“I’ll catch up with you guys later, I just remembered I have to do something” she waves ‘goodbye’ as she turns around,

Footsteps grew louder from behind her, until Xiao and Hwanhee were walking side-by-side to her, she sighs to herself in distress,

“we’ll come with you” the boys both beam, Choonhee fakes a surprised smile.

“Uh no, it’s fine... I need to talk to a teacher about homework” the boys stop, “yeah~, we’ll see you at home”

“Have fun” Hwanhee finishes while they both walk away from her, to avoid the teachers.

“Okay, see ya!” Choonhee grins to herself as her planned worked and slowly walked the other way out of the school so the boys don’t notice her. Choonhee lied to the boys because she had to go to work and not be late, even though she has become fairly close with Hwanhee and Xiao, the two of them are like to embarrassing parent that never know when to shut up.

When arriving to her workplace Choonhee actually feels nervous, but yet excited. The reason being the cafe was the last job she got and the only things that were on her mind were school and fees, so to her it feels like the first day of work.

Choonhee works at the local cafe just a few blocks away from the school, it is big and bright with white walls and large windows with table sets for 4 scattered in the cafe with small booths. The cafe is the ‘hangout’ area that most of the students go to afterschool.

 

Bell dings for more orders to be served. Choonhee walks over to the bench and collects the espresso and a slice of banana bread while another waiter next to her collects his tray of ice coffees to serve. Choonhee looks over to the waiter to politely greet, but her greeting was ‘......’ with her eyes wide and feeling disorientated by his presents,

“You okay?” he smirks, the waiter moves in closer to her, “... is there something on my face”

“W-” the word struggles to come out, “Wei?” he chuckles at Choonhee’s reaction to him,

“you better get moving or the coffee will get cold” he reminds while taking his tray to one of the booths. Choonhee paces to the serving table and paces back to Wei, still baffled that he is here, and working!

“Um... Whe-when did you- when did you start work-working?” she stutters when trying to figure out what to say.

“I’ve always worked here” Wei grins wide at Choonhee,

“What-” he laughs,

“I even remember your first day here, at the beginning of school” Wei mentions when moving to the back of the counter.

 

Still trying to process everything, Choonhee follows him like a lost puppy until demanded to do other work, she would stare at him. Choonhee always wondered whether the boys planned this or not. When her shift ended and when she was changing back into her school uniform, and walking home, Wei’s still at the back of her mind, but this time she finally realised and stopped walking.

“OH MY GOD! I’m so stupid!” she blurts, “How did I not know, he was even worker of the year!” Choonhee huffs and crouches down to her feet, regretting today.

Choonhee continues to pout while looking at her own shadow on the floor; she continues to stare at her shadow as it suddenly grew into a standing figure. She looks behind her to see legs; she knew it was Wei by the school pants and looks up to him. Wei just smiles at her as if she was his puppy.

“You are a slow walker” he comments, “you should have been home 15 minutes ago” he warns.

“Sorry” Choonhee replies softly.

The walk home was incredibly quiet, after blurting everyone out Choonhee was too tired to even focus, only walk.

 

 

When Choonhee arrived home Xiao and Hwanhee stand up in sync in the lounge room with concerned expressions, “Choonhee, where have you been, do you know what time it is?” Hwanhee whines with a pouty face,

“I know I’m late, sorry”

“Why are you guys so serious” Wei drops his bag by the door when taking his schools off. Hwanhee and Xiao look at each other, than Choonhee, than Wei,

“What’s going on here?” Xiao glares at Wei, speculating ‘scandal’.

“What are you going on about? I was coming home from work” already agitated, Wei grabs his school bag and walks up the stairs to his room.

Wei enters his room and spots Kogyeol asleep on his desk, “hurry up and hop into bed” he say when nudging Kogyeol’s back with his hand. Kogyeol lifts his head up and his lips before realising he isn’t in bed and fell asleep while studying.

Wei drops his back beside his own and jumps into bed without feeling bothered changing into pyjamas. Before falling asleep his last thoughts were of Choonhee shouting out how stupid she was, Wei grins wide as he closes his eyes and rolls over into a deep sleep.

------------------------------------

Choonhee begins to toss and turn until she finds the perfect spot... BBBRRIINNGG!! Choonhee frustrated, turns to face her alarm, she glares at it for a moment before turning it off and taking it in her bed as well as she plans on taking a 5 minute nap... more like a 20 minute nap. When she realised the time she threw the blankets off herself, snatches her uniform from the door knob and sprinted out to the closest bathroom, luckily it was empty and locked it.

....

Jun, Kuhn and Jinhoo stare up at the bathroom door from the dining table, processing whether they saw Choonhee running or a ghost.

“Hey, Kuhn. What time is it?” Jinhoo curiously asks, Kuhn looks down at his watch.

“6:45” Jinhoo and Kuhn look at each other than back at the door.

“Well, she always has the option to shower at night” Jun comments while taking another sip from his tea.

As the warm water hits Choonhee’s back, she closes her eyes and tips her head back to wet her hair.

Choonhee walks out of the bathroom feeling fully refreshed in her uniform while she wraps the towel around her head and walks down the stair, when she reached the bottom of the stairs she looks up to see Kuhn, Jinhoo staring at her and even Jun but with a smirk.

“How was the shower? Refreshing?” Jun asks, Choonhee removes the towel as she suddenly felt uncomfortable showing her whole face.

“Yes” she shortly replies,

“you know it’s Saturday, right?” Jinhoo recalls. Choonhee’s faint smile drops as her eye widen.

 Her eyes shift around the room embarrassed and her power walks back up the stairs to her room.

“We’ll call you when it’s time for breakfast!” Jun shouts with an amused smile.

“Okay!” she replies from her room and the guys’ chuckle.

 

Choonhee covers her red face in her hands even though it was just the three guys. “Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! How can you how can you jump to the conclusion that it is a school day” Choonhee grabs her school shirt and looks at it in regret with a sigh.

To be fair, Choonhee use to go to school on a Saturday to catch up on work that she was way behind on, even when there was no upcoming test she still went.

After changing into black tights and a plain white shirt she lays on her bed, fidgeting with her finger, until she remembered the book that Wooshin gave her the other day on her bedside table, ‘Kite Runner’.

She’s already a few chapters in from last time, the book illustrates intense emotions and betrayal that strangely enough for Choonhee can’t put the book down, she has never been so intrigued by a novel like this before and if feels weird for her in a good way.

 

Half an hour has past and both Wei and Wooshin came out of their own rooms at the same time.

“Good to see you up” Kuhn greets as he saw a figure from the corner of his eye while looking at his phone in the lounge area,

“Morning” they both say in sync. When the boys both realised that they were in the same room they looked at each other, but Wooshin glared at Wei and rolled his eyes when walking away from him up to the balcony’s bathroom. This is not the first time this has happened, Wooshin can’t stand the sight of Wei every since he came to the Boys’ House.

Wei walks over to the ‘L’ shaped couch that Kuhn’s resting on when Wooshin left the room.

“Are you the only one up?” Wei asks when sitting at the shorter end of the couch,

“Nah, Hyung is in his room doing some paper work and Jinhoo left for uni a couple of minutes ago” Wei nods while wiping the sleep out of his eyes, he waited a few second before asking,

“what about Choonhee?” Kuhn chuckles when hearing her name.

“Hahaha yeah, yeah she’s awake. The poor girl thought it was a school day ha” he tells. Wei looks at him interested and looks up to her room while Kuhn grins to himself, “don’t bother her though, she might still be embarrassed about the whole thing” Wei presses his lips together.

“Who might be embarrassed?” Hwanhee and Xiao hang off the balcony still half asleep,

“Sunyoul?” Xiao jokes making him and Hwanhee break out into laughter,

“is Choonhee awake?” Hwanhee asks while the both of the hang off each other instead, still laughing at the joke,

“yeah, she’s in her room” the kids give each other a cheeky smile as they tiptoe to the room next room to theirs, for a surprise.

 

Hey guys, sorry for the hiatus, I was oversea and started school right after I came back. Although this chapter did take quite some time and I hope you enjoy it, because I really like this one :)

Thank You.