i. Why You'd Say You're Not Lonely

Whistle for the Choir
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everywhere he went, a group of girls can be seen following him or stealing glimpses of him as he walked by. He was known to be the "dream guy" of the school - handsome, tall, smart, nerdy and has a great sense of humour; basically the perfect package any normal high school girl will want in an ideal boyfriend.

Then there she was - walking across the building from he was at - the perfect-looking ice princess who was always alone. All poised with an aura of a royal - hair long and wavy, features sharp and dainty, actions soft but confident. She was definitely the one for him, he was so sure. Out of all the girls that he met, she stood out the most even without any single interaction with him. He was sure that he wants to get to know her, but how?

===

One afternoon as he walking along the corridor, he overheard a group of girls gossiping. "Ah, ice princess again? Heard she does voluntary work at the children's orphanage every Saturday. Pfft, with her being so quiet, I wonder what she even does there." Oh, so they were discussing about his princess, he thought as he was frowning. "Wait a moment. Volunteering at the orphanage, huh?" A smirk slowly formed on his lips. He nodded to himself thoughtfully and then did a little happy dance as he walked on.

===

The very Saturday, he walked into the orphanage's principal office and sat down for some paper work. After all administrative processes were done, he was brought around to take a look at the facilities and classes available for the children of different age groups. The principal, a kind-looking old lady in her 40s took him to the music room where voices of children singing can be heard, along with a beautiful female voice accompanied by the piano.

"All right, that was very well done! Let's sing again, shall we?" The female voice said as the pair of them settled at the back of the class to observe. She was in front of a musical keyboard placed on the floor with a group of 3 to 4 year olds in front of her. "1, 2, 3, 4~" She counted before a soothing opening of the nursery rhyme followed on. She was singing along happily and enthusiastically with the children; who reciprocated with loud singing and smiles.

"She has a voice of an angel, doesn't she?" the principal spoke as she watched on the class with a smile on her face, eyes kind and warm. Changmin was clearly in awe of her too, she could feel it. "Ah, yes. Who is she, if I may ask?" He gulped down a chunk of his saliva to soothe his nerves. 

"Juhyun, she's the angel of our orphanage. Ever since she started her volunteer service here, the children are happier and brighter." The principal continued. Changmin merely nodded his head lightly, mouthing her name in silence. "I heard she is an orphan too... which was why she chose to volunteer her service with us here. To bring joy and warmth to the children, to let them know that they are loved too... she said."

"Oh..." That was all he could manage as he stared at the now teary-eyed principal. "My oh my, what am I saying? Now, let's continue to the class next door shall we? That will be the class of toddlers," the principal managed to shake off the negativity she brought about and gestured for them to step out of the class. Changmin followed behind... and finally left the class after stealing one last glance at Juhyun, who was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter