1/1

sweet hunny

my life.

Is the first thing Youngjae's able to compare his pitiful self to his situation because reallyー how had he garnered the courage to put on a pair stockings, oversized ears, and an undeniably one piece pink swimsuitー a barely breathable size and just for the sake of Halloween. To boot, his costume was customized by yours trulyーKim Himchan, whom Youngjae quotes "we need Piglet and you have a nice s-line that I would love to have if my beautiful self wasn't already welcomed to the world like this. So it up and put it on" and for some reason cannot wear the hideous oversized pink outfit himself!

Oh, the humiliation.

"Hun hun! Dis dim do boush!" his cute little god child, Junhong, snaps him out of his self loathing and reminds him that this was the exact reason Youngjae had not screamed at Himchan and jumped off a cliff with this hideous suit. The only reason Youngjae had agreed to come over to his friend's house and celebrate Halloween rather than spend it alone in his apartment watching reruns of his favorite drama. And it was that small blob of smiles and rainbow candy dressed up as a little kangaroo with a blue t-shirtーthe one named "Roo" from that popular "Winnie the Pooh" storyー getting his first taste of the holiday, namely sugar overage, since his parents wanted to make sure his teeth made it out alive first.

Therefore, he had agreed.

Without pause, Junhong began jumping around the room, his two year old body making stomping noises on the carpet until his father walks in and picks him up.

"Whoa there, little fella. We haven't even started yet." A chilling deep voice startles the two year old, whom Youngjae unmistakably recognizes as Bang Yongguk's, one of his very close friends, the partner of Kim Himchan (unfortunately) and a father of two. Not to mention, the one hosting the said Halloween event, which just so happens to be centered around the theme 'Winnie the Pooh" ーif his costume wasn't already a direct hint of that.

"Buh boushin' wa diggars do besh! Yeggo boush!" Junhong whines in his blubber of nonsense.

"That's right." Yongguk nods in agreement, wearing a jumpsuit of, obvious, Tigger and starts 'bouncing' around with a very excited and giggly Junhong. They look like the perfect father and son enjoying the holiday and Youngjae had a strong urge to snap a photo, but relented and tries to loosen his costume insteadーif that was possible.

"Here Youngjae, hold him." Yongguk suggests casually, gently pushing Junhong into Youngjae's arms.

"Uh, no. It's okay. I'm goー I said it's okaー " he tries to decline the offer but gets an armful of Junhong anyway while his god son starts mumbling a bunch of weird things 'Bigleh! Bigleh! Whe Pooh? Em Woo!' 

"Yes yes, I'm P-P-Piglet." Youngjae agrees, motioning Junhong up and down and hoping it would make him less excited. "Shhh. Rock a by baby..."

"Wow, you're really into character, Youngjae." Yongguk compliments, encouraging his son to smile out of distraction and quickly adds, "You've never held a baby before, have you?" He deadpans, eyeing Youngjae's nervous state and very slow bodily movements.

"W-w-w-what are you t-t-t-talking a-about, h-h-h-yung?" Youngjae says, teeth chattering like Hell had frozen over and turned the living room space into an arctic wonderland.

"I-I-I love k-kー " Junhong slumps a bit lower down his torso and Youngjae yelps, clutching his god son in helpless fear. "Help." He pleads, defeated.

His friend chuckles at his behavior and spreads his arms to welcome his son back. "Are you sure you don't want to hold him longー "

Unable to hold him for another second, Youngjae hands Junhong back to this father in a rush. Don't get him wrong. Youngjae loves his god son, really. He just doesn't trust himself to hold very fragile children and not expect them to suddenly drop from his arms.

"Couldn't you guys have chosen something else?" Youngjae pulls on his strap again, still unable to get use to his suit and the inevitable wedgie creeping up on him every time. How the do girls wear this thing?

"It was either this or Frozen." Himchan chimed beside him, fixing his rabbit ears like it was the most perfectly normal thing to do.

"Dah!" Came the very pleased response from Jongup, Himchan and Yongguk's other son, playing with an Olaf figurine from the movie Frozen, if Youngjae remembers correctly. Assuming next year's winter wonderland would be from this little guy here. Youngjae would love to shower him with Frozen franchises if he didn't already have his own god fatherーwhom Youngjae has yet to meet tonightーalready doing so.

It became silent for nearly three minutes with a cough and a few more seconds to spare until Himchan goes to pick up Jongup from the couch. The three year old was sporting on an Eeyore costume while Himchan wore a yellow ー and rather revealingー rabbit outfit, which had made Youngjae feel a bit more grateful that he doesn't have to wear that outside.

"Come on, Jonguppie. We haven't been outside yet and you're already dirty." Jongup makes a sound of excitement before screaming "clean!" to back up Himchan's suggestion. The two headed down the hall.

Sigh. To be young and drooling.

Ding- dong!

"Youngjae, get the door! And bring the candy bowl with you." Himchan yells from the other room and Youngjae rolls his eyes not-so-secretly, "how demanding," grabbing the bowl on his way to the door and opens it. He had expected children in various costumes greeting him at the entrance, their eyes shining intently for his candy bowl as they wait briefly for his rehearsed speech before devouring their haul of goodies. However, he had not foreseen a man wearing casual clothes with a teddy bear between his arms and conveniently blurts out.

"Aren't you too old for this?" Youngjae says, uncomfortably pulling on his suit, and kindly ignoring his own ridiculous outfit.

"I can say the same for you." Says the stranger, raking his eyes over Youngjae's costume, and grins at the pitiful display. Youngjae could tell the stranger was holding in a laugh behind those thick lipsーnot that Youngjae was staring at them and thinking how they would feelー they just look big and, and large, okay.

He snorts, skeptical. "And what are you suppose to be?" If he had known he could walk in casually he wouldn't have put on this costume in the first place.

"Christopher Robin, but you can call me 'yー

Youngjae slams the door before the stranger could finish, right in the face, and ignores the faint 'ow' on the other side of the wall.

Crazy people.

"Was that Daehyun?" Yongguk peeks behind the blinds as Youngjae stomps pass him and sets the candy bowl aside. "Who?"

"Jung Daehyun, Jongup's god father." He swings the door back open and let's the guy in with a smile. "Hey, glad you could make it."

Nonchalantly, Daehyun strides in and hold his teddy ーWinnie the Pooh Bear Youngjae realizes, up to Junhong and starts imitating the bear with random chuckles. Junhong seems to like this and laughs uncontrollably.

"Daehyunnie hyung ish here!" A squeal emits from Jongup's little body as he runs up to the other man and waits to be hoisted up.

"Jonguppie! How are you, hmm?" He puts the stuffed bear aside, lifting his god son up in his arms. Youngjae could tell he must really like kids. He seems the type.

"You didn't wear the costume!?" Himchan complains from behind, scandalized and disappointed that their little Halloween theme was sourly ruined by the latecomer.

"What do you mean? This is my costume." Daehyun defends.

"Nuh- uh. We gave you Winnie the Pooh because we need someone to match Piglet's size, not a stuff bear." Himchan points out with annoyance and Youngjae is somewhat glad that that he's defending him. Though on the other hand, to Hell with Himchan because he was the one who forced this costume upon him and Youngjae should've thought better and just brought the stuff toy. It would've saved him a lot of trouble and the humiliation once they head outside.

"But he is a stuffed bear. I thought you watched the movies." 

Carefully, Daehyun puts Jongup down and grabs the stuffed bear, squishing it's cotton filled arms. "See? He is stuffed with fluff-y Winnie the Pooh~" he sings, waiting for the kids to sing along as they echo "Pooh!" Then shoves it carelessly to Himchan's face and the other man scowls at the gesture. He looked ready to punch Daehyun in the face and probably remembered a moment later there were kids in front of them.

"Okay fine, it's too late for you to go back and get it since you're all the way out in Busan anyway. The kids haven't even got their candy yet." He finishes, pushing the bear back and suddenly realizes something.

"Oh yeah. Youngjae, this is Daehyun, Jonguppie's god father. Daehyun, this is Youngjae, Junhong's god father."

That got both of their attention, Daehyun sending Youngjae a flirtatious smile the moment their eyes met and stretched out a hand. What a flirt. That only made Youngjae eye it warily and thought 'might as well get this over with' and takes Daehyun's hand hesitantly.

"Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too, Sunshine."

"Don't call me that."

"Okay, fluffy then."

Youngjae snarls "or that."

"But you look so cuteー 

"Christopher Robin hitting on Piglet? Ew." Himchan butts in, making a throwing up gesture and Youngjae supports it whole-heartedly because who would want a character to hit in their own toysー ahemー the literal ones, okay. 

"Hey, you never know. They could be a good match." Wriggling his eyebrows, Daehyun leans right into Youngjae's personal space bubbleーas if to get his point across. Uh, how about no.

Youngjae held his tongue and clamped his lips tightly into a thin line and my god, does this man not have a brain filter for his mouth? Or something to wash all the dirt out of his brain?

"Okay kids, let's go trick-or-treating!" Suddenly pronounces Yongguk, the kids following in a cheer. It took Youngjae a moment to realize the sun had finally set and night had covered the sky. He stands there a bit, waiting for Himchan to finish preparing the kids and ensuring that each of them have their candy bag, flashlight, some heat packs, and water. 

Not even a minute had pass when Daehyun took Youngjae's bag and handed him the stuffed bear instead. "Here, I'll carry this." He says all too gentlemanly and if Youngjae had not heard what came out of his mouth the first time, he would've appreciated the gesture.

"Can't have a lady carry too many things." The other man smiles too brightly and exits the door with a Winnie the Pooh stuffed bear thrown at him.


-----


"So, do you have a girlfriend? Boyfriend? - buddy? I can be your -buddy." 

Daehyun runs his mouth, whispering unnecessary personally information about his life into Youngjae's ear from time to time since they're surrounded by children everywhere. Even though Youngjae does understand why they're being secretive, he was hoping to have a decent conversation.

"Would you rather have s or duck feet for the rest of your life?"

Idly, Youngjae ignores the irrelevant questions and hugs the stuffed bear tighter. Daehyun seems to take this as a sign that it's okay to hold him 'so we won't get lost' he says since it happens quite often in the stories, much to Youngjae's chagrin. He's probably just scared out of his own wits, Youngjae thinks. It doesn't help either when random strangers want to take their photo because 'omg there's Winnie the Pooh! Oh, there's Piglet and Tigger! And they're all together!' which he guesses must be amusing to all the kids around the block.

"Hey Piglet. When we're done with this, do you want to go get something to eat? I'm starting to get hungry." Daehyun suggests, genuinely. With all their whispers consisting of 50% food and 50% , Youngjae can see why Himchan wanted to give the Winnie the Pooh costume to the other man and is, quite frankly, not surprised by the offer.

"Oh d-d-d-dear no, I only want P-P-P-Pooh bear." Youngjae stutters into character, rolling his eyes when Daehyun just shifts his feet and stares at him like he spoke some kind of indecipherable alien language unknown to man. Youngjae snorts.

"I said off."

"Oh, why didn't you say so?" Youngjae can imagine an invisible lightbulb lighting up above the other man's head.

"Now, now." Yongguk pops up behind them. "There are children among us." He growls lowly to make his point. Enough to think he was just playing off his character. Both Junhong and Jongup were with Himchan, excited over their latest treat and having Himchan occasionally telling them to wait until they got home to have some.

"But Pooh Bear and Piglet are only friends. I want to be more than that." Daehyun states, coming out of his dumb phaseー as Youngjae likes to call it in his headー where Daehyun does something equivalent to being immaturely stupid.

"And you think Christopher Robin has a chance?" Youngjae gasps, "and whoa, wait up. You just met me tonight and you want to be more than friends?"

"Well, you are my type. Plus you have a really nice ."

"So you wanna me."

"Is that an invitation?"

Youngjae scowls, his blood levels reaching a new high tonight as he pushes Daehyun away from him. "Is everything about ing withーah, ah, ah choo!"

He sneezes, hearing some murmurs about his physical state and why he hasn't brought a jacket. Though, he completely blames it on a certain less-than-dressed-human-being-for-the-holiday for distracting him from dressing up appropriately. Also, the rabbit for making him wear something that wouldn't keep him from catching a cold.

"That's so cute." Youngjae recognizes as Daehyun's cooing and frowns at the comment.

A cloak of fabric touches his back and Youngjae turns to see Daehyun's face so close. "Here." He wraps his coat around the other's frame. Youngjae's cheek heat up, blushing with a tint of red. Too embarrassed, he hastily undoes the coat until Daehyun grabbed his arm and rearranged it back onto him. "I am not cute. Or a woman. I'm manly." Youngjae defends with the last bit of pitiable pride because he does not want to be treated like a woman, goddammit!

Without doubt, Daehyun just laughs at his defensive statement. "What's wrong with being cold?" He asks, but Youngjae just stares at him, hoping his eyes are saying 'are you serious?'

Apparently so, because Daehyun seems to get it nowー if not before.

"Okay, how about this. I'll be good for the rest of the night and refrain from commenting about your manliness if you keep it on." Meaning he was intentionally being a flirt, I knew it.

"Come on kids. There's more houses on the other side." Youngjae hears Yongguk call somewhere and watch as he leads the kids away from them. They must've looked really cheesy because Youngjae knew Yongguk felt too shy around these type of things, which he thinks made it a good thing he met Himchan. He always knew how to bring Yongguk out of his shell.

"Okay fine."

Youngjae relents and true to his word, Daehyun kept quiet as he walk through the silent streets, the crowds disbursing as time went on.

Though, somewhere during the night, Daehyun wraps his arm around Youngjae's waist again and Youngjae hasn't decided if he wants to swat it away or not. Surprisingly, Daehyun had been compliant afterwards, occasionally talking about the little kids with their costumes, and following each direction with silent obedience.

"Looks like it's time to head home." Yongguk says finally, cradling a drowsy Junhong in his arms and Himchan with Jongup, respectively. It's almost ten and most of the children had disappeared from the streets, slowly leaving an ominous cold night breeze.

"Yeah, we're going to head home." Himchan agrees, probably thinking about tucking the kids back into bed. "So you two are free to go. Thanks for hanging out with the kids."

"Yeah, sure. Love squishing their little cheeks." Himchan narrows his eyes at the two, protectively holding Jongup even tighter.

"Get your own and stay away from theirs, you brat."

"Haha, we will." Daehyun finishes. He was the one coddling with the kids the mostーeven more than Youngjae and he finds that he doesn't mind that much.

With that they headed home, Daehyun and Youngjae departing from the others once they brought the kids back home. "They're so adorable." Daehyun said, smiling widely at the house. "Want some coffee? There's a 24/7 cafe around the corner."

Youngjae nods, a cup of coffee sounds really nice and after a night walking with kids, he probably needs it. Even if the urge to head back home and change was strong, he guess he could spare Daehyun a few more minutes. He deserved that for behaving for the rest of the night. "Sounds nice."

They went to the cafe, Daehyun's arm still hooked around Youngjae's waist and he had nearly forgotten it was there when Daehyun said, "Be right back. I've been dying to go to the bathroom an hour ago."

Youngjae rolls his eyes and takes a seat. Some of the lingering comfortable warmth escapes from his skin the moment he realize how warm Daehyun must have been. He's practically a walking heat pack. Though the cafe is really nice and warm too. It just would feel better with Daehyun right next to him.

Just then, a person with a Pooh bear costume sat next to him and Youngjae had almost told the guy he isn't going to do anything with him until he realize who it is and gape.

"Well, you did say you only want Pooh Bear, Piglet." Daehyun smilesー that smile that just makes him look so ridiculous and dumb but so ー just so Daehyun.

"Piglet?" 

"I thought you forgot your costume." Youngjae blurts, accusatively but surprised because all this time they could have gotten matching outfits and Youngjae didn't have to stand there like a fool by himself in a tight fitting costumー

"How did you get it?" 

"I never said I left it at Busan. Everyone just assumed that." He laughs. That laughs.

"You could've wore it and I didn't have to be the only one there looking like an idiot." He huffs. It seems to only make Daehyun laugh harder so all Youngjae does is buries his face in the stuffed Pooh Bears fur.

"Hey, Youngjae. Come on." Daehyun scoots closer, carefully wrapping his arms around Youngjae and prying him away from the stuffed bear.

"Go away, Anna." Youngjae says the moments he's not trying to suffocate himself into the stuffed toy.

"Let It Go. Let It Goooo~" Daehyun sings, off-putting, but Youngjae should've known better than to use Frozen references when Daehyun spoils Jongup with the movie and franchises. 

"Shut up."

It's the only defense he had left and he finds his front crumbling downwards because this is just so unfair. Life is unfair. Jung Daehyun is so unfair.

"Okay, but honestly," Daehyun starts again, calming himself or he might just burst out laughing again in the most untimely manner. However, he makes it through this time. "I was serious when I said I really do like you and wanted to get to know you better. Even if I didn't give our first meeting a very good impression."

"You could've just just said 'hello' like any other normal person."

"I would, believe me. You were just so cute I couldn't resist." He scoots closer and hugs Youngjae. "Besides I think we have some good chemistry and I'll be damn if you don't give us a chance."

Quietly, Youngjae thinks it overーlike really thinks it over. Considering they just met, they spent the night together with Yongguk, Himchan and their kids, he's nice and the kids love him. Did he mention he likes kids? It's really not that tough to decide, but they just met and Youngjae doesn't like to go so far with people he just met. That would make him easy and Yoo Youngjae is anything but easy.

"Hey, are you okay? I'll understand if it's too quick. I can totally waitー

"Yeah, yeah it's okay." If anything he'll always have Himchan and Yongguk to back him up if Daehyun screws up. He may be slow sometimes, but at least he's a good person. Otherwise, Himchan wouldn't have trusted him to be Jongup's god father and Himchan loves Jongup to bits.

Daehyun's smile becomes so blinding and Youngjae begins to think 'yes, this is so worth it.' 

That is, until Daehyun ruins the mood and touches his .

 


A/n: my fluff so bad lol. Would've made Youngjae rabbit but I think he cares more about pooh's mentality than his stomach.