Vacation 2/2

Insecurities
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Well, it all started when our families went to the same resort last summer.”

 

_

 

“Wow! This place is so beautiful!”

 

Seohyun, together with her parents, had just arrived at a resort in Jeju and she can’t help but be mesmerized by the breathtaking view and calming aura surrounding the place.

 

“I know right? That’s why your mom and I thought that we would bring you here so that you can take a break from your academics and have fun. We will be staying here for 5 days. We know how much you’re studying pretty hard and think of this as a reward for that.” Her dad replied after loading their luggages off the taxi cab.

 

“Shall we check-in? So that we could rest and maybe later you can roam around the place Seohyun-ah.” Seohyun’s mom smiled warmly as she went to the reception area while they waited at the lobby.

 

When her mom came back with two different keys. She got confused. 

 

“Why do you have two keys, mom?”

 

“We respect your privacy honey, that’s why we got a separate room.”

 

“Oh. Riiiiight.” She didn’t believed it because she knows what the real reason is, which is they wanted to have their own privacy for some romance. But she pretended to agree and went with the flow not after giving them some mischievous smile.

 

As soon as she got to her room, she started to unpack and went to the shower to freshen up. After wearing some plain white v-neck shirt and black shorts, she decided to take a walk and explore the beauty of the place and take some pictures. After awhile, she found herself walking along the shore with her slippers in her one hand and the camera on the other, admiring the sun as it set and feeling the water beneath her. She wasn’t aware of the time until her dad found her and told her it was almost time for dinner before going back to the hotel. 

 

She was about to follow her dad back when she noticed someone familiar lying on the sand. She went closer to confirm if she was right. “Excuse me”, with a soft voice, she called the attention of the man lying with both his arms resting on his head covering his eyes. When he heard her, he removed his arm and opened his eyes. When his eyes adjusted to the light and found out who had talked to him, he immediately sat up.

 

“Yes? How can I help you?” he replied with a soft tone matching hers and a smile.

  

“Oh, you really are Kim Seokjin” she felt embarassed as she was not the sociable type when it comes to strangers but he was not totally a stranger to her so she guess it’s okay to approach him first.

 

“Yeah. You know me? I mean, Seo Joohyun the school’s sweetheart knows me? I’m flattered.” He replied with a small laugh. 

 

“We’re classmates you know. And I know we’re not that close but I learned a lot about you through my baby because he talks about his hyungs a lot. And seriously, who gave me that nickname?” She whined and pouted cutely.

 

“Wow, you know me and just showed your aegyo. That’s a double kill you know.” Jin found Seohyun cute and tried to get the conversation going. “Wait, who’s your baby?” he asked as he tried to process what she said earlier.

 

“Oh, it’s Jungkook. He hasn’t told you?” 

 

“No. That brat”

 

“Well, he said something like I shouldn’t tell his hyungs about it or something.”

 

Jin actually understands why Jungkook did it. Jungkook just doesn’t want to share her attention towards the other members and that he wants it all for himself. “Now I understand” Jin didn’t know that he was thinking out loud.

 

“Understand what?” Seohyun was wondered.

 

“Jinnie! It’s time for dinner!”

 

Jin didn’t get the chance to answer her as he was called by his mom.

 

“I’m sorry but I have to go now” Jin was walking backwards as he talked, “See you around!” and then he completely took off.

 

“See you around, Jinnie” Seohyun giggled as she found Jin’s nickname given by his mom funny and cute at the same time. That’s when she realized that she was late for dinner herself. 

 

2 The next day, Seohyun was all alone on her room with nothing to do. Why? Her parents didn’t include her in their itinerary for the rest of the trip because, as they said, they “respect her privacy”. And now she doesn’t know what to do alone. By lunch time, she decided to eat out and walk outside to look for some souvenir shops after.

 

It didn’t take a long time for her to spot the shops and entered one. She was looking around and found a beautiful necklace, she was about to reach for it but another hand was reaching for it too.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry. Do you want it? Here you can have it.”

 

A man around her dad’s age was smiling while handing her the necklace.

 

“No, you can have it sir. I was just going to look at it anyway.” She replied corteously

 

“Really? Thank you. I was planning to give it to my wife for an extra gift for our wedding anniversary” the man smiled lovingly as he was watching the neckalace in his hands. 

 

“I’m sure your wife is very lucky for having you as her husband, sir”

 

“You don’t have to call me sir, young lady. Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter