YulTi

Neighbor

"We can go to my house to have dinner or watch a movie..." Tiffany suggested as she and her friends were leaving their work.

 

"Movies sound good, what do you think?" one of their friends say as they walked towards her car.

 

"Can we stay the night, unnie?" the youngest asked, buckling her seatbelt.

 

Tiffany smiled. "My house is always your house girls".

 

"Pajama party!!" the on driving shouted as she started the car.

 

When they arrived, no one noticed the piece of paper that was on the floor. They just walked over it and went towards the kitchen.

 

"My couch..." a smiling girl hummed as she threw herself on Tiffany's couch.

 

"Uh, Sunny, that's when the three of you are sleeping, not only you".

 

Three pairs of eyes locked on her.

 

"I'm kidding, Joohyun is sleeping in a bed like a lady she is".

 

"Thank you, unnie," Seohyun said as Sunny and Jessica complained.

 

Tiffany always treated Seohyun as a little sister even if they only had two years of difference.

 

“Well, well,” Sunny interrupted, “I’m going to make something to eat, if Tiffany likes it I’m not sleeping on the couch”.

 

“Then what will I do?” Jessica asked, trying to think about something to sleep comfortably.

 

“I guess you will sleep on the couch, unnie,” Seohyun smiled and lifted Prince who hasn't stopped barking since they arrived.

 

Tiffany finally had time to rest after a long day. But when she was about to sit, she remembered that they had nothing to drink that night. So she took her purse and went to the store. After a while, when she comeback she found a piece of paper laying on the floor. It was hand written.

 

“I’m sorry if I disturb you, but your dog keeps barking and I can’t sleep. It is annoying sometimes. So I would be glad if you could do something about it.” Yuri K. Apartment 304.

 

She surely didn’t know who was Yuri K. but it seemed like she had a problem with Prince barking around. When she stopped to think about it, she found out how loud Prince was. Obviously she didn't have any problem with that because it was her dog, but she had never thought about her neighbors. Immediately, she felt horrible.

 

“Girls… look at this,” she said, bringing the paper with her to the kitchen and letting the girls reading it. “What should I do?” she pouted. Prince also stopped barking.

 

“You should apologize, unnie. You can’t take Prince anywhere, but at least let her know that you will try your best to not bother her anymore”.

 

They smiled like proud moms.

 

“You can take some cookies, say that you made them and offer apologies,” Jessica suggested, laughing childishly.

 

“I don’t know about the cookies, but I agree with the apology. It will be better if you don't have any enemy in the building”. Sunny said, encouraging her friend.

 

Tiffany sighed. She decided it was the right time to go, since her friends were there and she didn’t want to leave it for later.

 

When she went downstairs and was about to knock but she heard some loud screaming from inside.

 

“What the heck! Run, you idiot, run!!!”

 

Even if they were girls, the sound of the tv and their voices were loud.

 

Trying to not to pay attention, she was about to knock again. But the voices interrupted her once again.

 

How she dare to tell me Prince is loud when she and her friends are making and even louder noise! She think to herself before going back to her apartment to answer her in the same way.

 

“Give me a pen!” she said when she grabbed the same piece of paper and wrote on the back:

 

I’m sorry if my dog disturbs me. But you and your friends are loud too and I’m not going to you to complain. Besides, no one else has ever complained about Prince, so why should you? Sorry if he disturbs you, but I won’t take him anywhere. Tiffany H. Apartment 404.

 

She went downstairs again and slipped the note under her neighbor’s door. She was mad, they were still being loud!