YulTi

Neighbor

As every other afternoon, Yuri arrived to her home. She was tired. Her job was getting busier and busier. The only thing she wanted to do was throwing herself into her bed and falling asleep. So she took a warm shower, put her pajamas on and hugged her pillow to try to nape for a while before doing some work she had brought home.

 

“PRINCEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!”

 

Yuri frowned as she heard the little puppy from the apartment upstairs barking welcoming its owner.

 

“HOW IS MY LITTLE BOY?”

 

Yuri frowned again. This time not only because of the puppy, but also the woman’s loud voice.

 

It was like that every day. Yuri couldn’t get any sleep because dog and owner were always loud. She thought about it carefully and decided to confront her. So the next day in the morning, she went upstairs and was ready to knock the door.

 

But something inside of her didn’t let her.

 

“What if she gets angry and starts yelling at me?” she thought. Yuri had never seen her neighbor. Even if they lived in the same building, they never ran into each other. Just like all the other people there.

 

Yuri took out a piece of paper and wrote a short letter for the apartment’s owner.

 

“I’m sorry if I disturb you, but your dog keeps barking and I can’t sleep. It is annoying sometimes. So I would be glad if you could do something about it.” Yuri K. Apartment 304.

 

She smiled gladly at her letter and slid it behind the door, hoping that her neighbor would understand.

 

That day when she came back home, she hurried herself to get everything ready for the game. As many other fridays, she was welcoming her friends to watch the game together and have some beers.

 

When the bell rang, she knew her best of friends would be the first arriving.

 

"Choi Sooyoung," she said, as she let the tall girl walk in. Both of them had been friends for a long time.

 

"Kwon", said girl greeted back.

 

The two friends brought everything to the table and waited patiently for the others to come.

 

When all of them were together and the game had started all the cheering started to get loud.

 

"Oh, come on!" Taeyeon, another friend of them, said as their team lost a big chance to score, "run, you idiot!"

 

Yuri laughed. It was amazing that after all that time their friendship would be the same. It wouldn't be the same if she doesn't get to spend time with those idiots whom she loved so much.

 

"These wings are so delicious!" Yoona, the youngest of them all declared while stuffing more food on .

 

"Shikshin," a blonde girl whispered, rolling her eyes at the same time she tried the chicken and understood what Yoona meant.

 

Yuri didn't need anything but them. Her friends.

 

Or at least, that's what she thought.