Chapter One

When Two Worlds Collide
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Yah Jung Hwamin! Clean up table five for me once you're done making the espresso or else you'll be locking up tonight! tch.” 


 

Hwamin shifted her gaze towards the door, obviously startled as she was too busy admiring the winter glow from the window that amused her. “A- ah! Neh halmoni!” Hurriedly she placed the already made espresso on top of the tray and walked straight out towards the table who had ordered. 

“Drink your coffee well ahjussi! Thank you for coming!” Hwamin politely bowed towards the customer before she turned her heel to begin her next job, cleaning tables. 

This was the life of Jung Hwamin every single day since she had graduated high school. She wasn't entirely satisfied with herself considering she knew she could do better at life. But what can she do, with a poor wealth status, no degree, no nothing. She was hopeless, especially without her family by her side, she couldn't do anything without them, she didn't have the heart to do anything. 

Making warm drinks and cleaning after people was okay for Hwamin. Currently for two years now she has been working at a well known coffee shop. Considering why their coffee shop have been so well known is because many celebrities have often visited and shared a drink or two either with their lover or friend. However this didn't give any luck to Hwamin, no celebrity gave attention to her other than a good tip. 

As always, Hwamin was okay with it, she was okay with everything. She was never the type to complain, because it wouldn't get her anywhere far. From this point you would be probably thinking oh poor Hwamin is sure living a horrible life! Well, despite all that Hwamin does happen to have an angel by her side, aka her best friend. 

“Hwamin! Yah don't you know what day it is today?!” Oh, and there she was. Hwamin looked up towards the entrance door to see her best friend walking right up to her with a rather annoyed look. 

“Aish, Jihae don't be so loud! I don't think halmoni will let me off work tonight. She has been awfully cranky these past few days – do you think maybe haraboji dumped her?” Hwamin began to laugh from hearing her own words as Jihae lightly slapped her arm. 

“Yah, don't say that you little ! —”

“Who's making all that noise – Oh, Jihae dear! Come take a seat!” Halmoni interrupted as she welcomed Jihae with a light hug, obviously ignoring Hwamin as she stood towards the side. 

“Aniyo, halmoni I came here to pick up Hwamin! Please, can I borrow her for tonight?” Jihae pleaded to her halmoni as all she did was groan and gave Hwamin a look of disgust. “When are you going to stop being friends with that girl! Aish, go then. But only tonight Jihae!”

Hwamin faintly smiled, satisfied that she was able to go as she quickly took off her apron and hanged it up on the rack. “Neh, halmoni! Annyeong!” They both said their goodbyes before Jihae hurriedly grabbed onto Hwamin's hand and dragged her all the way out of the coffee shop until the cold breeze finally brushed across their faces. 

“Aigoo it's so cold today! Hwamin, don't let halmoni's words get to you. You know how much I love you, right?” Jihae stared towards Hwamin with a warm smile plastered across her lips before she casually linked her arm with hers. 

“I'm used to it, honestly. No big deal” Hwamin brushed the topic off with a faint laugh escaping through her lips before she continued. “Yah do we really need to go to this stupid party you got invited to? I rather not go Jihae, you know how much I hate parties.” 

Jihae rolled her eyes towards Hwamin before lightly dragging her with her towards the car. “Oh please, you barely go to parties Hwamin! For once stop watching those kdramas and have fun, be social!” 

They both entered the car and sighed in relief from the warm atmosphere welcoming them as they both buckled up their seats from the back. “Let's go home!” 

Jihae was a childhood best friend of Hwamin. They have been the best of friends ever since pre school, and now look at them, mature twenty five year olds! You could say Jihae is the complete opposite of Hwamin. Jihae's family owns one of the top five star hotels in Korea. She's got it all, wealth, education, popularity, and men. Now some of you would be wondering, why can't Jihae help Hwamin? Well, Jihae's family personally dislikes Hwamin, well apart from herself and her mother. The rest pretty much hates her. For example, the owner of the coffee shop happens to be Jihae's halmoni. Ever since Hwamin has been working there she has pretty much hated her for who she was, for being poor. 

Jihae could only do that much and that was to get her a good job. Hwamin was very thankful towards Jihae, if it wasn't for her then she wouldn't really know what she would do without her by her side. A job was enough to pay the bills for the apartment she was staying at and all the instant ramen she has been eating every single day. She was blessed to have Jihae by her side. 

“We're here, let's get going!” Both of them climbed out of the car to appear in front of a private mansion that Jihae's family owned. They entered through the gates and walked right inside the double door entrance to be welcomed by many maids and butlers working around. 

This was no surprise to Hwamin. She has been to Jihae's home before, but just not frequently as she's not able to come when her father is around. As they both were just about to make their way up the stairs, a high pitched squeal filled the mansion as they turned to be greeted by none other than Jihae's mother. 

“Oh Hwamin my dear, I missed you so much!” Jihae's mother welcomed Hwamin with a warm, motherly hug before she continued. “ Which reminds me you both should have been here a half hour ago, we need to leave before half eight! I'll leave you both to get ready, hurry! ” 

“I missed you too, umma” With that Hwamin quickly embraced Jihae's mother in return before she turned her heel and climbed all the way up the stairs with Jihae. Once they've reached the bedroom, Hwamin casually jumped onto the bed as Jihae went to fish out their dresses from the walk in wardrobe that had belonged to her. 

“Here, I got you this.” Jihae first held up the dress for Hwamin which happened to be a strapless peach mini dress with a beautiful diamond design that really stood out. All Hwamin did was stare at the dress in utter shock as she slowly stood up and took the dress. “Do you really think i'm worth wearing this dress?” 

Jihae gave Hwamin a look before she casually pushed her into the bathroom. “Hwamin tonight will be your night when everyone sees just how beautiful you are! Tonight will be your night. Now go change, we don't have time!”

Hwamin sighed, obviously defeated by her best friend as she closed the bathroo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter