Demone della Notte

Bell'incubo

Tick tock. 

Jungkook's chest heaved up and down in sync with the ticking of the clock. His body was shaking uncontrollably in fear under the thick duvet covers and he could feel his sweat moisture the sheets of his bed. The beating of his heart rang loudly in his ears to the extent where it was giving him a pounding headache.

The same incident occurred every night ever since Jungkook's family decided to buy the mansion in the desolate area of the woods. The mansion was lovely; a Victorian styled building with a beautiful fireplace which warmed the living room filled with antique furniture and portraits of the Jeon family, accompanied by a sleek black grand piano and a tall grandfather clock which sat in the corner of the room. Outside in the landing, a candlelit chandelier hung proudly in the center, greeting those who walked through the large, brown double doors of the quiet mansion. The upstairs was just as grand as the downstairs; a blood red carpet coated the creaky wooden floors and led the way into the spacious bedrooms decorated with king sized beds and necessities of the resident inside.

But there was always the downside to beauty. Sacrifices had to be made to glorify the exterior. Lies had to be told and the truth had to be hidden for the world to work and that's the trap the Jeon's fell in. 

The trap of the demon of the night.

Jungkook shut his eyes tightly and tried to control his breathing. Happy thoughts. Think happy thoughts, he repeated in his head. He tried this every night. But it never worked. Nothing worked. He dreamt the same dream every night and he was almost certain he would never be freed from this vicious cycle until He was gone.

However, He could never go away. He was the demon of the night and Jungkook just happened to taste exquisite. Ironically, to the demon, the boy tasted heavenly.

The all too familiar sound of the telephone ringing replaced the sound of Jungkook's beating heart. The all too familiar touch of the icy air replaced the warm, homely atmosphere of Jungkook's room. The all too familiar images of the dead night haunted Jungkook once more.

A laughter more daunting than the cries of the dead caused Jungkook's eyes to shoot open in panic. His eyes quickly scanned the area and horror washed over him when he realised where he was. Just like always, he was sat upright against the only door in the dimly lit hallway.

Jungkook stood and turned to face the the wooden door which remained locked every single night. But even so, Jungkook checked. He liked feeling a small glimmer of hope as he reached to touch the doorknob and slowly turn it, praying to whoever for it to open; to let him out of the nightmares which haunted him every single night.

But to his despair, the door was bolted shut.

He had to run now. 

Jungkook didn't dare look at the walls which were slowly closing in on him as he sprinted down the hallway. Instead, he kept his focus on the darkness in front of him and ran. He knew from experience that the walls would crush him if he wasn't quick enough. The sheer image of his bones slowly being crushed into millions of pieces and his skin being squished to the extent where it would burst, causing his blood to decorate the very walls which could destroyed him. His eyes would be gouged out by the pressure against his skull and they would jump and roll as far as they could as if they had a life of their own. 

And all that would be left of Jungkook would be the remains of his eyes and his fresh, hot blood.

"Buongiorno Jungkook!" 

Goosebumps sped down Jungkook's spine and he shivered violently. That low, hoarse voice drove him crazy. It belonged to the very demon that haunted his dreams.

Taehyung was his name. 

Jungkook had only seen him once and that was on the very first night he had spent in what he liked to call the 'House of Horrors'. Even so, he could remember his face clearly. Jungkook had to admit the demon was beautiful. His blonde hair was gelled back and was accessorized with a small magicians hat, which barely concealed his lifeless black eyes. A white loosely buttoned shirt and a waistcoat framed his slim, toned torso, while his black trousers shaped his muscular legs. His boots had a small heel, making it easy for him to be heard from a distance.

Jungkook always listened out for the clickety clack of the demon's boots.

Taehyung loved to wear a hooded cape to add to his false image of a magician. The cape merely helped him blend in with the darkness - a place where he belonged for eternity. 

"Festa! Let me feast on your nightmare Jungkook!" The husky voice echoed into Jungkook's ears and he covered them with his hands so tightly until the sides of his head started to ache.

The end of the hallway came to sight. Jungkook's eyes widened in horror. There was no escape. He was certain there was a window for him to jump through, but there was only a wall.

Jungkook looked around frantically and tried to look for any means of escape. The walls were closing in on him and if he didn't act fast, he would be crushed to pieces.

"You've been starving me for days, my boy!" 

Jungkook tried his best to push against the walls, but it was no use. They weren't going to stop moving. He tried stamping on the blood red carpet, but that didn't do much good either. 

All of a sudden, the only source of light fused, leaving Jungkook shrouded in darkness. 

The walls slowly began to flatten Jungkook. The muscles in his arms started to rip, creating an opening to the bones. A devastating cry of pain left Jungkook's mouth and it traveled to the other side of the hallway, awakening the dead.

"That's right! Urlare! Scream! Beg for mercy!" 

Crack. 

The elbow snapped into two. The bone ripped through the remains on Jungkook's muscles and pierced through the skin, freeing itself from the body it was trapped in. The whites of the bone contrasted with the blood that began to drip from the huge hole in Jungkook's arm.

He screamed.

"Bellissimo!" 

The lights turned back on. The walls which were holding Jungkook up disappeared, causing him to collapse. The carpet had transformed into a pool of blackish-brown blood. Bones once belonging to hundred year old bodies were floating around him.

Jungkook kept one arm supporting his broken one while he stood himself up. His clothes were now soaked in the blood of other beings. He took a quick look around the spacious room and found himself in what used to be the lobby to his home. The stairs which were in front of him were destroyed from the bottom but luckily for him, the upstairs wasn't barricaded in any form.

Now he just had to find a way to get up there.

The stench of rotten bodies and ancient blood mixed with the fear of those killed filled Jungkook's nose. His stomach churned in various different ways and he could feel the bile run up to his throat, ready to pounce out. 

There was no use holding it in.

Jungkook vomited. The remnants of the dessert he ate not too long ago blended with the watery liquid and the sight of it made Jungkook want to throw up even more, but that would make him weaker. So instead, he pinched his nose, held his breath, and soldiered on through the thick liquid which was slowly seeping at his energy. 

All of a sudden, a loud cry of the deceased filled the empty silence of the lobby. Jungkook stilled. He listened for the sound of footsteps, but he heard nothing.

That sounded close. The fact lingered in Jungkook's head as he continued listening for any signs of movement.

Tick Tock. 

The sound of the clock filled his ears.

"Why are you not running?" 

Jungkook felt a pair of soft lips against the tip of his ear. The demon's warm breath felt so cold to Jungkook and it made him shiver violently. He spun around and stared in terror at the very being that caused him to suffer every damned night. Seeing his prey's expression of consternation, the corner of Taehyung's full lips turned upwards into a smirk and his hollow, lifeless eyes turned into crescents. 

Taehyung slowly reached out to softly touch the boy's face. His slender fingers traced the sharp jaw line of his healthy prey and Taehyung tensed. Not only was his food delicious, he was also enticing. The cold blood running through Taehyung's veins started to boil. A pleasant feeling boiled in the pit of his stomach and he was almost certain the surge of energy that he could feel from Jungkook's hot body was making him hard.

"Why are you not running?" Taehyung questioned once more. Again, no answer came from Jungkook's mouth. 

It was making him furious. 

His prey should be petrified to the point where he would not even dare to look back as he ran as fast as his legs could move. His prey should scream for help when the horrors of the mansion come to grab him him from behind and digest him in the most gruesome of ways. 

Taehyung wanted to see Jungkook lying bare before him, pulsating and standing upright, waiting to be eaten. With his large hands, he'd lightly wrap his fingers around his prey's groin and then violently up and down, all while he used his sharpest knife to tear apart Jungkook's stomach and see the glorious insides of the heavenly boy of his dreams. With his bare hands, he wanted to feel every inch of Jungkook's body; feel the texture, taste, love, of the dying beauty in front of him.

And the screams of pleasure would be the cherry on top of Jungkook's finale.

"Run."

Before Jungkook could even turn his body around to get away, he felt a bony hand claw at his ankle before it firmly grabbed it. Long nails dug into his flesh until the very tips of the nails reached his bones. A shriek of pain escaped Jungkook's cracked lips.

His eyes met Taehyung's unforgiving ones. 

"Please..."

Taehyung burst into hysterical laughter and he cupped Jungkook's face with his single hand, and leaned in close until they were only inches apart. 

"Feed me."

The last Jungkook saw was Taehyung's devilish smirk before he was pulled underneath. 

 

~*~

Tick Tock.

Jungkook shot open his eyes and sprang up like jack in the box. His eyes scanned his dark bedroom, hoping to see anything but the shadow belonging to the man who haunts his dreams. 

As usual, he was covered in his own sweet sweat. His chest continued to heave up and down in sync with the clock. His body still shaked uncontrollably in fear, despite knowing he'd be free from his nightmare until the next night.

Jungkook threw the duvet covers off of his body and stood. With heavy footsteps, he dragged himself to the balcony to his room. the thin, white curtains draped over the double doors and Jungkook softly seperated them apart, allowing the light from the large, full moon to shine at him brightly. With a gentle push, the glass doors opened and cold wind hit his face sticky with sweat, making him feel colder than he preferred.

With his long, toned arms, he reached out his palms to the barriers and leaned forward. 

Ever so slowly, Jungkook closed his eyes and drew out a long, deep breath to calm his fear-stricken heart. 

"Buona Notte."

Jungkook looked down at the knife which sat comfortably through his chest.

His hot blood dripped off the tip.

The moon turned red.

Tick Tock.

Jungkook fell.

 

~*~

(A/N:) Since some words are in Italian, here are their translations:

Demon della Notte = Demon of the Night
Buongiorno = Good morning
Festa = Feast
Urlare = Scream
Bellisimo = Beautiful
Buona Notte = Good night