|| FINAL

One Hell of a Ride

// FINAL


 

Jimin stood in line. Face pale and knees shaking vigorously.

"Ahhhhh!" he said in between nervous laughs as the rollercoaster zoomed to a stop at the entrance gates. He was tremendously glad that he wasn't going to get on the ride until the next bunch of people got off. He gulped as he drew his head back to see the full stretch of the tracks that led up to the sky. So high up that it seemed to surpass the layer of clouds.

He looked next to him, where his best friend - Jung Hoseok - stood, unmoving with a distressed look on his face. Funnily enough, Hoseok was also trembling in fear and his face, unlike Jimin's was a sickly green. "Oh my god" the taller groaned as he looked up at the heights. Hoseok turned his head back down to the floor and kicked non existant rocks as he cursed helplessly under his breath. Jimin grinned and shook the elder by the shoulder, "Come on, hyung. No need to exaggerate. That's what YOU said afterall." Hoseok looked at Jimin's mischevious, smiling face painfully and twisted his face to resemble one of a whining horse.

Jimin's eyes followed the direction of the ride, which was now nearing it's peak. Shrill screams of excitement and fear could be heard clearly even from the ground way, way below. As the roller coaster plummeted down, discordant shriekes filled the air and Jimin let out a laugh. He wanted to scream like that. Just for the adrenaline of course.

Hoseok grabbed Jimin's arm in panic and half wailed, half screamed, "Pleasepleaseplease can we just not go? Look at how loud those people are screaming! They're terrified. I'm terrified!"

"Aw come on, hyung!" Jimin replied, frowing and pouting, "Don't be a wuss. You said that you'd ride with me."

"Well now I'm changing my mind," Hoseok whined, starting to make his way under and over the rails, but Jimin grabbed his wrist, "Hyung. No." Hoseok shook the younger's hand off, "No no no no no" he ushered, shaking his head and quickly weaving his way back the other end of the line. "Hyung! Who am I supposed to ride with now?!" 

Hoseok flicked his hand, indicating a "Just whoever" and jumped out of the bustling queue, utterly relieved. Jimin stood with a pained look on his chubby face. Obscenities juggled their way in and out of his mind. "He DID NOT just do that."

Jimin looked in panic at Hoseok who was giving him a thumbs-up from 5 metres away, past the railing and back at the ticket that he held in his palms. "You can do it!" Hoseok yelled, cupping his hands and grinning, now back to his normal self. "Damn you, hyung!" Jimin yelled out and turned around, startled as the ride entrance gate opened. Now that Hoseok was gone, he didn't really want to go on anymore.

"Please seat yourself over here," a lady said, smiling, snatching Jimin's tickets before he could even say a word.

"I'm not--" he started but was ushered away by the lady. He slid into a seat and looked around in horror. He wasn't supposed to be here alone. He was supposed to be here with Hoseok. But the sly Hoseok had ditched him, so what was he to do now.

Jimin sighed. A sigh that stopped short when Jimin's eyes caught sight of something that made him lose his breath more than any rollercoaster could ever manage. Jimin's eyes had caught sight of a rare species. A royal perhaps? Or maybe even a god. Right beside Jimin, to his left sat an unbearably handsome young man. Ironically, Jimin's "god" was wearing a simple get up of a light gray hoodie and shorts.

"I saw that ordeal with your friend," the "god" said, his husky voice causing Jimin to swoon mentally, "I hope you don't feel like I'm replacing him..." "Ah...not at all," Jimin smiled, silently praising himself for keeping a cool exterior, "It's not your fault he was being chicken." The pink haired god laughed, his mirth bringing Jimin joy.

The ride jolted to a start and Jimin let out a small squeak, earning a hint of a smile from the rose haired god before they both zoomed off along the metal tracks of the ride. After several turns, the carriage was nearing the grand slope. Jimin's eyes widened and his heart palpitated. "Oh god," he mumbled under his breath, but loud enough for the other to hear.

"If I die today, I'd like you to know that my name is Min Yoongi," the god yelled, raising his voice over the cries and screams of anguished passengers. Jimin was, of course shocked, but replied with equal volume; "I-I'm Park Jimin!"

Nearing the peak, Jimin was visibly shaking, but he wasn't scared. He was excited. Min Yoongi was also excited, but not to Jimin's extent. He had already went on this ride a few times, and found nothing too overwhelming about it. Instead, he found entertainment in looking secretely at Jimin, the cute faced boy that sat beside him. Jimin's eyes were widened in awe as he looked down below him, which Yoongi found quite adorable. 

AHHHHHHHH!!

The carriage bolted downwards and pitched screams filled the air, along with shrieks of laughter and cries of pain. Jimin and Yoongi laughed as the harsh wind blew into their faces. "Uwaah!" Jimin yelled, smiling hugely. Yoongi, who saw this smile, was struck in the heart. Just as if Cupid was flying alongside them.

After several loops, turns and bumps, the ride neared it end as it slowed down. 

They both staggered back onto safe ground and laughed when they both stumbled on the stairs that led down from the ride's platform to the exit. "That was fun," Yoongi said, smiling. Jimin nodded in agreement. "Let's ride some more" he suggests happily, recieving a nod from the pink haired boy.

Jimin was flushed red from the exhilaration and the whole experience of the ride. His hair was messed up, making him look wild, but he didn't care. Instead, he teased his carriage-mate about his own messy hair and grinned brightly.

 

---

A/N:

Clearly not my best work...

Took weeks to write this because I was completely absorbed in other matters xD

Disappointingly short lmao sorry guys