// 03 ♡

For You

 

“All the times I lived through, goodbye.

The love that I long for, goodbye.

Will we be able to meet again somewhere in a different world?”

 

Love is a great thing. It brings out the best of you... but it also brings out the worst in you.

 

Having friends is a great thing. They make you happy, support you, love you... but they also discard you, ignore you, hate you.

 

Jungkook was both. He’s your lover, your life, your best friend, your happiness. But he can also tear out your heart just like that, discard you and make you sound like someone you’re not and everyone would believe him in a heartbeat.

 

So seeing him with another girl, took the toll and brought out the worst in you - the jealousy. The jealousy and the negativity winning against the battle of the emotions, and took you down like a rocket. You couldn’t deny you weren’t angry. Of course you were angry, and you had the right to be angry too. But does that mean you had to do something as stupid as running into busy traffic because of the jealousy that took over your body?

 

“__________!” Jungkook’s shout echoed in your head as you dangerously ran straight ahead, multiple loud horns went off as you swerved, and even one car almost hit you.

 

Stopping in the middle of the street, you turn to your left to see a car directly come straight for you, without any intention to stop anytime soon. What were you doing?! You screamed inside your head. Seems to be you finally got control over your own body now as your eyes widened in fear and your body immediately curled into a small ball, a piercing scream emitted from your mouth.



 

But nothing had happened.

 

Your heart was beating wildly, like it had been running for days non-stop. Your breathing was uneven and even slight tears fell from your eyes from the shock of dying. What even in God’s name were you doing?! You kept telling yourself. You’re so stupid! Stupid, you could have died! What even made you think that was a good idea?! You repeatedly scolded yourself mentally.

 

You looked up, eyes still wide but mouth closed as your head shot around the area. You had seemed to be pushed out of the road and onto the pavement, knees slightly cut and bloody with sore palms and elbows. The only difference was you don’t remember being pushed and colliding with the concrete ground.

 

Out in the corner of your eye, you could see many people crowding around something which sparked a panicked question inside your head. Where was Jungkook?!

 

Heaving your sore body up from the pavement, you limped your way down to the circle of people and pushed your way through. Though, you had really really wished you didn’t.

 

On the floor lay a boy that looked very very familiar to the boy you were running away from previously.

 

“Jungkook!” A sharp scream escaped your voice box as you dropped down, not caring about the pain on your knees as it came in contact once again with the more harsh and rocky road as you lifted Jungkook’s head onto your lap.

 

“Oh god, oh god, oh god, Jungkook!” You whispered, eyes wide and tears immediately falling from your eyes onto the bloody boy’s face. Heart rate picked up and your hands were now tugging on the sleeve of your jumper as you wiped away bloody gently from his face. The words, “please”, “no”, “oh my god”, on repeat as you quickly stuck your shaking fingers onto the pressure point of his neck where you could feel his pulse.

 

Thank god, there was still a pulse too.

 

The boy slightly shuffled and though you were shaking like a animal in the snow, you felt it like it was the only thing that you could feel.

 

“Oh my god, Jungkook!” you screamed. “Are you alright?!”

 

Nothing but a string of groans emitted from his mouth as his battered and bruised body moved stiffly underneath your legs.

“_______? Is that you?” He groaned.

 

“Oh god, yes, yes it is, can you hear me?”

 

“I can hear you but... Why is it so dark?”

 

Your heart shattered, but the panic and fear rose even more inside of you. What did he mean? Why couldn’t he see anything? His eyes were opened, why couldn’t he see?!

 

“Wh-what, Jungkook don’t play with me here, your eyes are open stop playing this isn’t funny,” tears clogged up your eyesight but cleared as soon as you blinked.

 

“No... I honestly can’t see...” He weakly let out. His breathing hitched slightly as he coughed, gasping for a large amount of air.

 

“I’m scared.”

 

It was foreign. The feeling inside of you - you didn’t know what it was. Was it fear? Was it sadness? Was it empathy? Or maybe it was because it was coming from your best friend; the guy who was always brave, tough, fearless - dubbed the fearless knight by the locals.

 

Maybe it was because it was coming from him, you felt your heart sinking into your stomach as the pits of fear and panic began to rise inside of you. Maybe it was because you relied on him too much, it never allowed him to really express how he really felt because he was too busy protecting you. You - his damsel in distress.

 

“There’s nothing to be afraid of, Jungkook. Like you were with me, I’ll be here for you- with you - until the end,” your voice came out in a softer than you hoped so, followed by a slight voice crack at the end but you were trying to stay strong. For him.

 

Humming softly, you began to rock the slightly numb body of the man you had fallen way too hard for. Humming the song you had always wanted him to sing when you were shaking with fear due to the strong thunder outside. The song that had brought the both of you closer; the song that defined your childhood with him.

 

“I’m scared,” he repeated. “I’m scared of leaving you.”

 

Just like that, your heart shattered. Shattered - not from pain, but from anger and grief. You were angry that he thought he was going to leave you. You were upset because he was scared. You wanted to be strong too, for him. You wanted to protect him, like the way he had protected you over the years.

 

You wanted to show him you weren’t as worthless as you looked.

 

“Who says you’re going to leave me, idiot...” you whispered, head dipping slightly as you gently squeezed his head in your arms. Placing a soft kiss on his forehead, you noticed tears.

 

Tears of pain.

Tears of fear.

Tears of love.

 

“I love you so much.” More tears fell from those delicate eyes that you can’t help but stare into all the time, finding yourself loving them. The eyes that can speak to you; the eyes that can read you like a book; the eyes that tell you to never be afraid, because Jungkook will always be there to help you.

 

“I’m sorry it’s taken me so long to realise how much I really do love you.” He said, as a innocent smile slipped onto his face. His eyes dropped a little, fluttering open after a brief second. That brief second, you could feel your heart stopping.

 

“I love you too,” you whispered. “Every fibre of my being, every thought I think, everything I look at, it reminds me of you. You’re everywhere; and I’m not complaining, because all that puts me to ease. I love you so much, that I wish I was in your position right now instead of you because I simply can’t bare to see you like this.” Tears began to well up in your eyes.

 

“Please don’t say that. I’d much rather be in this position than having to see your beautiful face in this state.” He inhaled heavily, his body tensing slightly under your legs. “I told you before, I’d risk my life to save you, and I’m glad. I’m glad it was me, and not you. I don’t know what I’d do if I lost you.”

 

“And you think it’s easy for me to be in this position?! We have a life ahead of us, Jungkook! I need you! Do you think dying will do any good to me?!” Countless emotions ran through you as the tears dripped quicker by the second. How could he say such a thing like this?

 

No reply came from the weak man as you two continued to lay still in the middle of the stopped traffic. People swarmed you both, endlessly questioning if Jungkook was okay. It was starting to piss you off immensely due to the headache that was rising, so you quickly shot your head up and shouted be quiet! before dropping your head back down to meet Jungkook’s eyes.

 

You closed your eyes, hoping to stop the tears from falling out of your eyes. Placing your chin gently on top of his forehead, you continued the song. Voice croaky, tears threatening to come out, your hold had gotten tighter as you wished everything to go away. You wanted everything to be fine when you opened your eyes. You wanted the dirty and cold concrete floor to be a field, a large field covered with infinite flowers as you watch Jungkook run about with the children of the village.

 

You wanted to see Jungkook’s face shine as he releases a chain of silly laughters to make you smile, not eyes drooping ready to close and most of his face covered in blood.

 

“It hurts, _____. It really hurts,” his voice was slowly starting to weaken.

 

“I know it hurts baby but they’re going to be here soon. There’s so many cars blocking the ambulance’s way, but they’ll be here soon. Can you hear them?” You softly spoke as the faint sirens were slowly becoming louder.

 

“I do... I can hear them...” Jungkook was talking like he was a child again which broke your heart so much. You don’t even know if your heart can even break anymore because all it has been doing is shattering.

 

“They’ll be here soon baby, stay with me.” You hummed the same tune again as you could see a small smile slip onto his face.

 

“Thank you... Thank you for everything, and I’m sorry you had to see me being a ...” His voice was barely a whisper.

 

“It’s okay Jungkook, I forgive you.”

 

“Thank you...” The smile slowly slipped from his face. “I love you.” His smile disappeared and was replaced with a peaceful face, but still beautiful and breathtaking regardless of the stained blood.

 

“I’m sorry,” you cried over and over again, cradling his head in your arms, rocking back and forwards as your wails broke out. If it wasn’t for you, this wouldn’t have happened.


This, is what jealousy caused. And this, is something you hoped not to experience ever in your life again.

 


the end.