// 02 ♡

For You

“I lived life so crazily.

That my love and my dreams disappeared one by one.

So I pull in all the things that I couldn’t achieve.”

 

With every kiss and every hug, the love seemed to disappear. It didn’t feel like love anymore. The smiles fade and no longer did the voices drip in happiness.

 

Rumours began and tears were shed; sometimes it was scary how much people can change over a year or two.

 

“I’m going to be home late tonight,” Jungkook muttered. Though your love for each other was slowly slipping, you still felt that strong feeling for him. Even after your ruthless arguments, you still loved him. No matter what he had done, you had seen yourself fall for him all over again.

 

“Oh... Well, I’ll just drop some food down for dinner-”

 

“You don’t have to do that. I’m... going out with friends for dinner. Don’t wait up,” and with that, he left. You body slumped over as you sighed in defeat. You wanted to save this relationship before it gets any worse, but with how Jungkook has been treating you lately, you lose motivation every time.

 

With a sigh, you headed to the bathroom and set up the bath. It was your way of clearing your mind, and boy was it a great way. Feeling the stress leave your body and your muscles relaxing while the hot water worked its magic is amazing.

 

x x x

 

As the day carried on, you had done very little but it was enough to satisfy yourself. Finishing off that book you wanted to for ages, catching up on some TV, finding new songs that you soon would blast throughout the house, finally cleaning your shelf of hoarded items never felt so good before.

 

The sun was dropping and the night was coming. Before it was too late, you decided to throw on a large jumper that covered 3/4 of your shorts and go for a nice walk around the block to end the day.

 

You felt happy - happier than you have been for the past few weeks, or even months. But there was something missing that would have made everything even more better, and that was the comfort of your boyfriend.

 

As you were walking, the thought of your relationship popped up. Some people might think that two years is a long time, but for you it flew by incredibly quick because you were sharing those two amazing years with an amazing person. Only now, did it feel like time was going achingly slower than a turtle.

 

You didn’t know what or how your relationship ended up like the way it is now. Maybe because of Jungkook’s job changing made you find traits that you never knew you had. Like jealousy.

 

Jealousy is a scary thing. You knew how it made some people and it frightened you. The thought of losing Jungkook was scary, but losing Jungkook because of jealousy terrified you the most. Jealousy in both ways - one, where you put yourself down because Jungkook’s gorgeous coworkers seemed to catch his eye more than you did; and two, because he did look at them in a way that he hasn’t looked at you in a long time. The look of love and interest.

 

A bit of you did have your doubts and endless ‘what ifs’; like what if Jungkook chose them over you? What if I’m not good enough for him? But another side of you - the majority - had positive thoughts. Jungkook was a man of his word, if he promised he won’t hurt you but end up liking someone else, he’d tell you and make sure you’re not too hurt over it... right?

 

Bit by bit, you can already tell that the negative side was taking over your thoughts. You tried your best to not let it happen, but if you’re in a relationship with a man as popular and beautiful as Jungkook, you can’t say you haven’t thought of such things.

 

Arriving at the park not far from the house you and Jungkook share, you sat on the cold swing and gently rocked yourself. Smiling at the sight of the kids playing in front of you as the sun dipped into the horizon and the purple skies illuminating the city.

 

You treasured times like this. Simply because you felt free and you felt like you can finally think - clear your head, sort things out, overlook a positive lifestyle. You finally have air to breathe and not be stuck in a house that even when it’s empty, it’s suffocating.

 

Releasing a deep breath, a soft smile slipped onto your face. The breeze was cool, not too rough, but not too weak. It gently kissed your skin as it ruffled your hair, making you feel even more relaxed before a sudden sharp laughter broke your relaxation. A quite familiar laugh too.

 

Being in the park, you were out in the open and you felt the need to hide, but it didn’t look like the owners of the laughter knew you were there in the first place.

 

“Jungkook, thank you so much for taking me out tonight,” an unknown woman, who looked probably a few years older than the man with a skirt hiked up too high and a skin-tight tank brushed her hand against Jungkook’s before hooking her arm around his. A slight smile tugged on his lips, a faint blush fell over his cheeks and your heart dropped 6ft into your stomach. You had always loved the shy side of Jungkook, but now that look made you feel disgusted.

 

“N-no problem noona, I’ll um- see you later?”

 

“You’re gonna leave a woman out here like this, in the empty park?” She glanced about the now empty park, completely missing where you were located but you definitely knew she had seen you watching them with a pain struck face.

 

“Well, empty,” she rolled her eyes before taking Jungkook’s arm again. Jungkook glanced about at what she meant and you knew it was code red for you. It was either run, or get busted. But something didn’t allow you to move a muscle or divert your eyes, like there was a ghost holding you down onto the swing seat and forcing you to watch the two interact.

 

Then, his eyes stopped on you.

 

Code. Red. You screamed inside your head; eyes wide and mouth open. There was no chance of running now. You knew how fast he was when he ran, and especially with your leg height difference he’d catch up to you easily. But still, you took that chance.

 

Quickly lifting off your seat and taking off in the direction of your house, you ran the fastest you could muster in your unfortunate heels; but luckily enough they weren’t that tall and you had some incredible legs.

 

“L-look, hail a cab or something I don’t know, but I really gotta go okay, see you later,” Jungkook quickly muttered before racing off in the same direction you went. He saw your small figure in the distance trying to run fast but you knew by the second you were getting more weak.

 

“Hey! Wait for me!” Jungkook shouted after you, but it only made you go even more faster despite the pain that was being shot through your legs.

 

Soon enough, Jungkook did catch up quicker just like you had predicted and engulfed you in a back hug. Those kinda back hugs that needed no words, but spoke very loud and clear to you. I’m not going to let go of you.

 

“Jungkook let me go!” You screamed, unbeknownst to yourself or Jungkook, you had started crying. But, why were you crying? Was it due to the pain of seeing him with another girl? Was it the pain of your accusations and ‘what ifs’ being true so much that it frightened you?

 

“Please... Let me go,” your voice had turned into a whisper and you no longer fought to get out of his embrace. There was no point on fighting anymore. You’ve broken. Your devils have won.

 

“Please, don’t misunderstand...” his voice was so soft and so beautiful at the same time. It was like a lullaby to you. So sweet, so calming. How could he do this? How could be so perfect?

 

“Please... Let go of me!” You screeched all of a sudden, getting out of his grasp and ran. Ran anywhere you could go, anywhere where he wasn’t.


And that, was a large, busy road.