The Grumpy Guy

The Wolf Among Us

Standing in front of the noisy classroom, Taeyeon played with her hair and had an uncomfortable look on her face. She could hear what were they saying inside, they said they hated new students and the girls even said that if the new student wasn't a male then they would kill themselves off while the boys were yelling, praying for the new student to be a female. Both sounded terrible to her, anyway. She didn't need boys to notice her and funny, she somehow disliked boys around her age, except for Lee Chan earlier, he was so nice, although he didn't say anything while he drove them to the school but he did give her a kind wave and smiled playfully: "Good luck on your first day!" 

But she did remember he said that the school wasn't as nice as she thought. And here was the proof. She stopped playing with her hair and inhaled, before entering the classroom after the teacher called out for her. 

"Class, this is Kim Taeyeon. She just moved here from Seoul and she's a bit shy. Introduce yourself." 

Her? Shy? Ok, she wouldn't refuse that but look at all the girls' faces when the teacher said she was shy.. Those girls with makeup and preppy looks gave her a dirty look, a glare and it was clear that they didn't like her. But the boys all had a happy look on their faces as they yelled "YES! A CUTE GIRL!" and everyone was talking about how she moved from Seoul to here. She took another deep breath and opened . "Hello, my name is Kim Taeyeon and... I won't bother you so please don't treat me bad." 

The girls dropped their jaws while the boys laughed like crazy.

She held her fists together.

Done, she was nuts.

She used to be a friendly girl and she would never say anything like that but.. those girls' attitudes drove her mad. She couldn't be the nice girl all the time anymore. She knew the girls were already threatening her but she ignored them. The teacher laughed, too as he pointed at the seat next to the window and told her to sit there. She walked down, feelings all eyes on her and he heart skipped a beat. 

"Seoul people are arrogant, just like rumours say." The girl sat in front of her glared at her then turned away, flipped her hair. Taeyeon nodded her head. "And I thought we were the most arrogant, until I met Busan girls."

"W-What did you just say?!" That girl widened her eyes and slammed her fist on Taeyeon's table. She startled a bit but was able to calm down and she glared back at the girl. "I just said Busan girls are horrible!" 

"Kim Taeyeon, Park Junghwa, what a nice greeting." As the girls heard the teacher in front of, they gave up and Taeyeon sighed loudly. She never wanted that to happen, sice when did she become so stubborn like that? But then she looked up at the black board and realized, she didn't bring the Chemistry book with her. It was her first day after all, making wrong choices were alright. Taeyeon stared at Junghwa, sitting in front of her who was staring blankly at someone else in the class, she didn't even have her book opened! She could borrow Junghwa's but because what happened, she decided to stay quiet.

Taeyeon then looked at the person who sat next to her. A male student who was kind of nice looking but she wasn't interested in nice looking guys at all. He crossed his arms and listening to the teacher but he notcied her. "What?" He said, eyes still focused on the black board.

"HUh?" She startled. "Oh, uhm, hey... I don't bring my books today, so... Could we share the book?" She asked, nervously and then she met his gaze. An intense, cold look that felt like it could pierce through her book. Alright, maybe she should ask Junghwa then! That girl wasn't brothering to pay attention after all! As she was about to turn away, the boy said yes.

She was surprsied and looked at his face to check his expression, if he really did feel ok at all but all she could see was an annoyed face. "I don't need the book anyway, you can have it all by yourself." He closed the book and handed it to her. She took it from him and bowed. "Thank you." She mumbled and the two of them stayed quiet after that. 

Jeon Wonwoo was written on the first page of the book. That must be his name, she told herself..

When class ended, she gave him the book and shot him a friendly smile. "Thank you so much!" 

"You don't understand much, do you?" Suddenly, he said. "I mean, the lesson."

"Oh.. about that... I think I understand 85% of it." She scratched her chin.

"Busan accent wasn't easy to Seoul people like you anyway. Well, we gotta accept the truth. I hope you are not going to borrow my next book because Park Junghwa in front of you is very nice, according to all of my friends which are mostly male." Wonwoo said without looking at her as he put the book inside his bag. 

"..Erm, thanks.." She mumbled and slowly approached her seat. There she thought Busan was full of nice people. The rest of the day was horrible, she brought wrong books and Busan accent was quite hard to understand. It was all terrible and when school ended, she threw herself out of the classroom as quick as she could, feeling Wonwoo giving her a look but who cared, that rude !

"Taeyeon noona!" She stopped midway as she heard someone called out for her. Taeyeon turned back to meet Lee Chan, the friendly boy that morning. "Lee Chan." She waved to him and the boy ran quickly towards her. "So, how was your first day of school, interesting?"

He seemed really nice, she didn't want to make him feel worried or anything so Taeyeon smiled. "Yup! I made a few friends already!" 

"Really?" Lee Chan smiled back as they both headed to the parking lot where Lee Chan parked his bicycle. "Which class are you in?"

"2-B." 

"Whaaa???" Lee Chan widened his eyes and she, narrowed her eyes. "W-What's wrong?"

"My brothers are inside that class as well! You said you made some friends, didn't you? Then who?!" 

 Oh my god, his brothers were in that class as well? And she was just lying about the whole friends thing, in fact, she made zero friends! She swallowed, well, let's just play along. "P-Park Junghwa and Jeon Wonwoo!" 

But she never knew things could have been worse when she mentioned that name.

"Friends... with Jeon Wonwoo?" Lee Chan blinked. "Yeah, what's wrong with that..?" Hey, don't tell her... don't tell her that... 

"T-That's my brother!" Lee Chan grinned, a childish grin that hurt her heart. DAMN IT, MY LIFE IS DONE NOW.

"He is a short-tempered, super mean and cold guy, it took me like a whole month to receive a 'hi, good morning' from him!" 

"A... whole month? Wait, so you guys aren't relative?" Lee Chan suddenly stopped walking his bicycle, he blinked several times and his ears turned red a bit. He seemed confused. "Yeah, about that... we are just, uh, he is my brother figure so we kind of, uh, have that sunbae-hoobae kinda like relationship."

"And you just said 'brothers'. Are they all just older friends to you?"

"Yeah, about that... yeah..." Lee Chan scratched his head. "I'm quite a sociable person, as you can see! Anyway, hop on! I will give you a ride home." He hopped on the bicycle first then told her to.

"It's alright, I can walk by myself, I don't want to bother you."

"But noona, you don't even know which way to go home."

"....." Yeah, why whould she forget about that? "Plus, Seungcheol hyung told me to you." The boy winked and made a V pose to her. Taeyeon chuckled lightly then hopped on his bicycle. "Sorry to bother you, then!" 

 

"Yah Kim Mingyu! I just want to have some fun!" 

"Junghwa, please, not today... My brother is going to kill me. Hey, Wonwoo, is that Lee Chan over there?"

"Yeah."

"Oh my gosh, who's that girl over there? Has he got himself a girlfriend before his brothers already?"

"Heh?! Are you saying that I'm not your girlfriend?"

"Junghwa, that's the truth. you are not—"

"That's the new girl." Both Junghwa and Mingyu turned their heads back to look at Wonwoo, who had a curious expression on his face. "What is she doing with him?"

"Wait, the new girl? Guess they know each other?" Mingyu shrugged.

"Junghwa, please leave first." Wonwoo looked over to Junghwa, who was still clinging on Mingyu's broad shoulders. 

"Eh? Ok.." Junghwa pouted as she slowly walked away.

"You think we should follow them? I mean, what if they are lovers? Wouldn't it be rude of us..."

"She is new to here, of course she can't be his girlfriend. I know Lee Chan is sociable, but things are just too fishy. Come on, hop on my bike, we are going after them."


the wolves have now made all of their appearances! commet and tell me what do you think about thsi chapter to give me support < 3

subscribe, comment and upvote for faster update, love you guys all and have a nice day!