Busan

The Wolf Among Us

Eyes narrowing at the land in front of him, the future king of the ocean let out a long sigh. The bright light made his body felt week, the air that made him felt sick; humans were disgusting. They destroyed other creatures' worlds, they destroyed his world, were they even aware that they were slowly destroying their own world? The male merfolk with orange hair clenched his fists as he went back down and deep into the ocean. "I'm not going up there, never. Jeonghan, you idiot." 

 

Busan, the present time.

Taeyeon carried the huge luggages with her, a exhausted look appeared on her face. She wouldn't have been like this if her dear parents actually cared about grandmother. It was two days ago when her aunt called, saying that grandmother was sick but aunt was too busy to take care of her so the family should take her to Seoul or at least come back to Busan for a while. However, both parents were arguring saying that they were both busy with stuff and the other should be the one who come to Busan but at the end, they changed their target to their children. "Why don't you send Miyoung back, she is big enough to know how to take care of other people."

"No, she is busying with her job, one of the top reporters in Seoul, we should let her focus on her job." Then they both looked towards her direction. "Taeyeon, do you love your grandmother?" 

The girl in the school uniform blinked, she cocked her head to the left side. "Yeah, you are going to send me there, aren't you?"

The woman, Taeyeon's mother chuckled a bit, she was trying to chuckle, actually. She then sat down next to her daughter on bed, her messy hair. "Sweetheart, I bet you don't want to let grandma lying on that lonely bed, right? Plus, you can study at another place for just a while, you know. Not us, though, it's hard to find a job these days so we are trying our best to do our best jobs." You just want to run away, don't you... Taeyeon thought to herself as she nodded, without saying anything futher. The parents then smiled happily because they didn't have to go to Busan anymore meanwhile the high school girl was screaming on the inside. 

But she agreed to go and now she was here, the city with a beach, that may be the nicest thing about Busan. To be pretty honest, she was afraid that without her friends and familiar faces, things would be very very super hard. Aunt would take care of her school in Busan but she wasn't sure anymore. Whatever, Taeyeon let out another sigh as she walked down the main street.

"Why are these so heavy..." She grumbled as she held the luggages, couldn't help it anyway—she would stay here for about at least one month. "So.. where is grandma's house again? Uh.." Taeyeon stopped in the middle of the road, she was then already in the neighborhood. She forgot the adress and forgot to charge her phone so... things were a bit hard for her right now. Taeyeon let out another exhausted sigh as she put her luggage down and was about to knock a stranger's door when suddenly someone grabbed her luggages. "H-Hey!"

"I'm sorry, did I scare you?" A man standing next to her, smiled gently at her. He was pretty tall, dark fluffy hair and a charming smile which could really make all the girls gone crazy but not her, or maybe just yet. "I thought these may be heavy so I came to help you a hand. Where are you heading to, you seem lost." 

Woa, so people as nice as him still exist after all...? Taeyeon thought to herself as she sheepishly scratched her head. "Thank you so much, actually I don't know, either.."

"What?" The boy widened his eyes then let out a loud laugh. He laughed hard, so hard that made Taeyeon felt all embarrassing and uncomfortable. "Sorry sorry, I was just, hahhaa—" He had tears on his face which made Taeyeon even more embarrassing, did she make fun of herself just earlier? But she didn't even do anything that was actually funny. "How can someone has no idea what are they doing with their life holding luggages standing in the middle of the street? A car could run over you if you don't pay attention, you know." Thank you, that's so nice yet very mean of you to say. 

"Well, I want to go to Mrs. Kim, Kim Boksoon's house. Do you know where can I find it..?" Taeyeon spoke up.

The boy stopped smiling and his expression grew serious suddenly but he then quickly shook his head and smiled a little. "Is there anything you need to do with her?" 

"She's my grandmother."

"Your gran— Wait what, Kim Boksoon is your grandmother?!" He looked surprised, Taeyeon narrowed her eyes. "What's the matter, so you do know her?"

"I... Yeah, of course, hurry up, I bet she has been waiting for you." The boy chuckled lightly as he walked faster. "By the way, my name is seungcheol. Choi Seungcheol. I live pretty near here."

"I'm Kim Taeyeon, just moved to here from Busan!" She hurried chasing after him as she introduced herself. 

"Kim Taeyeon? What a nice name, I bet your grandmother looked just as beautiful as you when she was younger." 

"Yeah... I guess she was even more beautiful because mom told me that grandma used to be chased by tons of boys before!! But at the end she chose to marry my grandfather, a silly man who loved to play harmonica on the street... Sounds like a pretty amazing love story, right?" Taeyeon smiled at herself as she recalled what her mom told her when she was younger.

"There were kings and super handsome and powr guys who chased after Boksoon but at the end, she loved the scariest." Seungcheol whispered to himself, loud enough for him to hear only. 

"Kings what?" Or so he assumed. "N-Nothing!" Seungcheol shook his head at Taeyeon's question. "Anyway, here we are!" They stopped in front of a huge mansion and Taeyeon almost spitted her water out. It was huge, very very very very huge... And the tall trees, beautiful garden, too many elegant and beautiful stuff in front her which made Taeyeon felt like she got lost in a fairytale. 

"Taeyeon?" Seungcheol walked through the entrance with the key and he looked back to check her reaction. Jaws dropped and her face was so funny, two big Os and a huge A. "O A O"

"S-Sorry. I was just..."

"Amazed?"

"Y-Yes." She nodded. "Are you perharps.. a relative of mine? Because there is no way grandma would give keys to a stranger like you."

"Your grandmother trusts me, don't worry. I trust her, too." Seungcheol gave her another confident smile as they walked into the mansion.

 

"Grandma!" 

"Taeyeon!" The moment she saw the old lady sitting on the sofa, she ran straight into her arms. The old lady gently patted her head as she gave her a gentle smile. "My dear, it's been forever since the last time I saw you. When was it, when you were around five?"

"Yeah, it's been that much long time! Grandma, I just want to tell you that me and my family miss you a lot. It's a shame that they can't all be here, just me..."

"It's alright." The old lady smiled, somehow, a satisfied smile. 

"Um, grandma, you don't look like you are sick of all." Taeyeon tilted her head as she said so. Well, she looked really healthy and heck, she was eating snack!! Taeyeon swallowed, what was grandma plotting.. 

"I knew it, I'm bad at acting." After a while, grandma let out a long sigh. "I just... miss you and I have a slight fever, not a really horrible one. I just want to see my daughter but I guess she is just as cold-hearted and ignorant as ever... no one came here as expected but only you."

"Me..?" Taeyeon pointed at herself. 

The old lady nodded. "Taetae loves me the most in our family, don't you? Having you around for a while would be nice, too. I miss my family after all..." 

"Ah, grandma, don't call me like that." Taeyeon chuckled at her grandmother, guess she was really lonely these days. She felt bad for not visiting her once in a while. "But I'm here now and.... I think you've got some friends, too?" She then looked at Seungcheol, the boy was sniffing the snack while sitting on the table. Uwa--- That's impolite- 

Grandma chuckled lightly. "This idiot is a trustworthy person. Taeyeon, if anything ever happened to you, you must tell him, alright? He will help you." 

"Eah!! Jfust lfeave it all tso me!" Seungcheol said with his full mouth, made grandma laughed while Taeyeon felt extremely awkward. 

The three of them stayed together until late night and Seungcheol went back home, now there were only Taeyeon and her grandmother left. 

"Grandma, who is he?" Taeyeon asked. "That Seungcheol guy."

"Lee Seungcheol...?" Grandma looked up at her. "He is... well, he is a police man who once helped me to catch a robber on the street. Later on, we figured out that our houses are near so he often cameto play with me, he was worried that I would be lonely without any of my relative here by my side, except for your aunt who sometiems visited at the weekends. I trust him and he trusts me, that's why I believe he is going to take great care of you."

"Haha~ If you were younger, it would be a nice romance story!" The young grinned widely, grandma's expression was a bit tense at first btu then her face relaxed a little as she hit her granddaughter's arm. "Idiot, if I married him then you wouldn't be born!"

"I know I know~" Taeyeon sticked her tongue out. 

"Go to sleep soon, alright? New school is going to start tomorrow." 

"Bye grandma!" 

And the night ended there.

The next morning, Taeyeon was lazily walking on the street. She was so nervous she shut her eyes and calmed her racing heart down. Damn, she was that much nervous while walking to school, what would happen if she finally arrived at the school? If her older sister, Miyoung was here, she would take her to school and supported her, Taeyeon wiped her fake tears as she remembered the good memories while she was still living in Seoul. "Thanks mom, dad." 

"For bringing you back to Busan? Yes, I would love to thank them, too." 

Taeyeon was startled by a male voice behind her and she turned back. It was that guy from yesterday, Choi Seungcheol! "Oh, erm, good morning!" Crap, he heard her..

"Morning, Taeyeon!" Seungcheol smiled brightly at her. "You are going to school, hm? Hop on my bike, I will give you a ride." 

"I will be fine, thank you. DOn't you have to hurry up and go to your office?" She looked at his police suit, yeah, Seungcheol was definitely a police. But... a police going to work by a bicycle? Taeyeon chuckled at herself, this guy was more funny than she thought. 

"I'm fine! And what is it that so funny about?" Seungcheol pouted. "Oh hey, Lee Chan!!!" 

He waved to someone else behind her and Taeyeon turned back to see a young guy looked just about the same age as her. He was ice cream happily while riding his bike and the smile on his face dropped as he saw Seungcheol. The guy wiped the corner of his mouth with his shirt and narrowed his eyes. "I'm not driving you to work!"

"Who says?!" Seungcheol yelled. "As if I need to!"

"Hmph!" The guy named Lee Chan pouted back at Seungcheol. "Wha, Baekho's uniform?" Finally, he seemed to notice Taeyeon. 

"That's right, hey kid, I need you to help her get to your school, alright? She is a new student and is having a problem with finding the school." 

"Um, hi..." Taeyeon smiled coyly at Lee Chan. 

The guy stared at her for a while then nodded. "Alright, come here, we don't have much time before the bell rang."

"Ok, thank you!" She nodded happily and ran towards him, not forget to give Seungcheol a friendly wave and a formal thank you. Seungcheol just shook his head at her, he let out a long sigh.

"Let's hope that she won't get into troubles at school."


first chapter!!! hope you guys like it, tell me what do you guys love about it  > < 

anyway, only lee chan and seungcheol ( and wOOZI SHH ) appeared in the first chapter, i'm sorry if your lover boy hasn't appeared yet xD this is jsut a beginning but here is a huge preview: mingyu, wonwoo, seungkwan and all the characters who are still going to school will appear!!!1!! you are going to be in the same class with three guys, exciting? ??