Pure & Innocence

Young
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Key Notes:

RED:SEHUN

BLUE: MINZY

NORMAL: OTHERS

AUTHOR

'What do you need help with? Why are we here?’ Sehun asked his mother Hye Jung, who had asked him to follow her, to help her with some stuff, 'Somewhere, just follow me' Hye Kung told him, as they were walking up some stairs of a building to an apartment Sehun obediently followed his mother, not able to talk back to her. They stopped at a door, Hye Jung knocked first, no answer then she put in the code while Sehun wondered why she knew it and exactly who was in there, suspiciously staring at her, she turned back to him, 'it's not like that Sehun' Hye Jung told him.

She opened the door as they both walked in, 'take your shoes off' HJ told him, doing as told, then following her as they walked in further, Sehun was looking around the place, seeing nothing, literally nothing, it was empty. The place only had the main stuff, in the kitchen was a fridge and a 2 seater table, then as he looked at the lounge, there was a big TV with some games, a queen bed, which he tilted his head at wondering why there was a bed in the lounge. And also a big long couch, he gasped stepping back at what he had saw, Hye Jung looked back at him, Sehun quickly turned around, only because his mother looked back at him with a strict motherly look why? Because there laid a tall lean toned yet meaty girl, her long hair messily placed everywhere, while wearing a cropped singlet with no bra and her undies, with tattoos on her back and up her neck and some on her arms, hands and fingers, as well as one around her lower hip. Since it was her place she did whatever she wanted plus Hye Jung was the only one to visit her, so it was fine, who knew she was going to bring her son, just luckily she wore something today because mostly she wore nothing but her undies.

Hye Jung grabbed the sheet lying on the edge of the couch, chucking it over her, which woke her up, making her groan while moving about on the couch. Taking a peek at Hye Jung knowing it was her because she was the only one to visit her, Mingkki frowned at her for waking her then turning her back to her as she was now on her side. 'Yah! Wake up and cover yourself' Hye Jung told her, 'Why?' Mingkki groaned at her about covering up, 'Sehun is here with me' she hissed, Mingkki turned around to see another figure standing behind her. 'Sehun? Ahh' Mingkki remembered, 'That brat of yours' she said now sitting up, Sehun frowned at her comment, Hye Jungs eyes widened motioning for her to shut up because HJ had only mentioned her son a couple of times, to which Mingkki thought he was some goody two shoes brat who got what he wanted all the time.

'What!?' Sehun hissed turning around now, not caring about what she was or wasn’t wearing, now meeting her eyes which made him breathless, her eyes were beautiful and mesmerising, a silvery pitch black colour. Sehun felt that she was a very confident person, with no care in the world for anyone or anything, but the state he saw her in right now was not a good impression on him. 'Mother what are we doing here?' Sehun asked, 'And who is this?' He said, 'Oh I haven't introduced you to her before but I have told you about her' HJ said to him, he narrowed his brows still wondering who she was. While Mingkki stood up off the couch wrapping the sheet around her hip, while stretching, she really didn't care that he was in the room, 'Mingkki!' HJ scolded her for being her natural careless self especially with Sehun here.

HJ covered Mingkki entirely with the sheet, Mingkki rolled her eyes, 'Sehun this is Minzy, Gong Minzy' HJ finally introduced the two, 'Mingkki this is my son Oh Sehun' HJ said. They stared upon each other, 'that's nice' Sehun said not at all interested, Mingkki laughed at his attitude, 'what's so funny!?' Sehun asked her with an annoyed tone, 'You' she smirked, he glared at her then looked back at his mother.

'What are we doing here?' He asked HJ now really not wanting to be here with her, 'For me of course' Mingkki told him, 'I haven't told him Mingkki' HJ said, 'ahh' Mingkki said, with Sehun just looking between them, so not getting anything of what they were talking about. 'I needed to ask you first' HJ told her, because HJ couldn't tell anyone about who Mingkki was without Mingkkis permission, 'ask me? You've already brought him here' Mingkki questioned her, glancing at Sehun who was frowning at her the whole time. 'Go ahead, just make sure he doesn't say a word to anyone' Mingkki warned them coldly looking at Sehun which made him slightly tremble in her intimidating presence.

Mingkki walked off to go and put some clothes on, leaving the two of them, to talk alone, ‘Mother what’s going on? Who exactly is she?’ Sehun asked her while watching Mingkki disappear, ‘You know what I do for work right?’ HJ said, he nodded, ‘Of course, you manage multiple galleries and events around the country, for your clients’ Sehun answered her. ‘That’s the thing son, I’ve always had only 1 client the entire time’ she told him, he seemed confused, ‘Mingkki here is my one and only client’ she revealed to him, ‘Mother who is she?’ he curiously asked, ‘Minzy is ZY’ HJ finally told him.

Sehuns eyes widened at the information, completely in shock to be in the presence of such a talented and famous person, ZY was a person who was very well known, especially in her area of expertise, being art, she created inspirational artworks and paintings, also wrote many beautiful poems and bestselling novels, as well as kids story books. ZYs genres are mystery, , sometimes horror, nature and freedom.

‘Wait, her?’ Sehun questioned, HJ nodded, because Sehun was a little unimpressed with meeting her, not having thought that someone so big could be… her of all people. ‘Seriously’ Sehun still questioned, only because he didn’t really know her to acknowledge it, ‘Yes son, what is wrong with Mingkki, for you to be questioning her like that’ HJ asked him. ‘She just seems like someone who doesn’t care for much’ Sehun answered, ‘She doesn’t’ HJ honestly told him, ‘Huh?’ Sehun frowned, ‘How does she create such beautiful artwork with a behaviour like that mother?’ Sehun asked her, HJ chuckled at him.

‘...You can judge and badmouth me all you want, just don’t let that get in the way of your judgement of my work’ Minzy professionally and seriously told him, walking from the hallway, wearing black pants, a black long sleeve, her hair in a messy pony tail. Sehun stared at her in awe, totally seeing her in a different light now, she was wearing all black, even noticing the little stuff on her, from her nails being black, from her jewellery, her black studs and silver earrings all over her ears, her silver rings, her ID bracelet and her bar necklace that had roman numerals on it, but couldn’t tell what it said. Mingkki really had this mysterious and badass feel to her, ‘You little boy, aren’t you too young to be so judgemental…’ Minzy said while walking towards the kitchen to grab her something to eat and drink. ‘...Over appearances’ Minzy bluntly said, ‘Mingkki’ HJ hissed at her, while she shrugged, Sehun frowned at her, ‘That’s society for you’ Sehun smugly told her, making her laugh at him, which made Sehun deepen his frown, feeling that she was offending him in every way.

‘Sure, society maybe like that, but it’s up to you whether to follow it or… lead it’ Mingkki charismatically told him, totally rending him speechless in his spot, ‘Now Mingkki, that’s enough’ HJ said trying to calm the two of them. ‘And your young as well’ HJ scolded her, Mingkki rolled her eyes, ‘How old?’ Sehun asked her, Mingkki looked at him but wasn’t bothered to answer him, ‘Your 17 and she’s 22’ HJ said both of their ages, which again shocked Sehun. Sehun originally thought she was his age, because she seemed so young but he thought wrong as she was older than him by a couple of years, yet she was still quite young too.

‘How?’ Sehun mumbled, wondering how she was able to become who she is at such a young age too, Mingkki ignored him, ‘So what one?’ Mingkki asked HJ, ‘Surprise me’ HJ answered her, Sehun just watched them, so not getting what they were talking about and slightly upset that she would always ignore him. Sehun watched her walk out of the room, ‘What’s going on?’ Sehun asked, ‘Just wait’ Hye Jung said, a couple of minutes later she came back out with a frame in her hand which was covered by a cloth, ‘Here you go’ Mingkki handed her the artwork, Hye Jung gently grabbed it, because everything she did was so precious, that she didn’t want to hurt it at all. Mingkki walked to get her drink while watching Hye Jung be excited, Sehun stared at Mingkki, because she was acting as if he wasn’t even there, ‘So can we see it’ Sehun said, secretly wanting to see it too. Hye Jung nodded excitedly, ‘Shall we?’ HJ said, placing it on one of her art display stands that was in the lounge, Mingkki followed the two who were eager to look at it, revealing it, they stood there speechless, in awe at her beautiful artwork.

‘So raw yet so beautiful. A black and white painting of a guy hugging his knees, portraying his back while his empty eyes looked back at you, it showed such raw emotions of loneliness and insecurities’ Sehun thought, totally amazed at such art that was captured in a frame. Sehun caught his breathe for a moment, trembling at the rawness of the picture, HJ had tears falling from her eyes, she then turned to Mingkki who was standing behind the both of them, ‘Mingkki its beautiful’ HJ said as she hugged her. Mingkki smiled patting her on the head, HJ was short while Mingkki was pretty tall but not as tall as Sehun, she was just 5cm shorter than him, Sehun also looked back at Mingkki, extremely amazed at her talent, ‘It truly is breathtaking’ Sehun sincerely said, Mingkki finally looked at him, ‘Thank you’ she said.

Hye Jung released while looking up at her then at Sehun, seeing that they were somehow able to get along, she happily smiled at them, Mingkki looked down at her, ‘You can go now’ Mingkki told her, meaning they got what they came for, and now they can leave. Hye Jung pouted at her, ‘Wont you come and check out the galleries?’ HJ asked Mingkki, she shook her head, ‘You know I don’t like going out’ Mingkki told her, ‘At least I tried’ HJ said now letting go, ‘Let’s go son’ she told Sehun, ‘Grab the artwork for me’ she added, Sehun stared at Mingkki for a while, totally captured by her talent but also because he really did judge her too early, ‘she's just as beautiful as her art’ Sehun admitted to himself.

‘Sehun?’ HJ called him, as they both stared at him who was staring at Mingkki, ‘Let’s go’ HJ said snapping him out of it, ‘Ah, yeah’ he said grabbing the artwork and covering it, ‘I’ll call you later Mingkki’ HJ told her, as she walked off, Mingkki nodded at her. Sehun then approached Mingkki, ‘I’m sorry for my rudeness before’ Sehun apologised because he was being an impatient brat, ‘Don’t worry about it, I too was rude, I apologise for that’ Mingkki replied, she had her bad side and her good side, she would show you either depending on your attitude. Sehun smiled at her, ‘It was good meeting you, an honour as well’ Sehun genuinely said to her, ‘Yes it was, thank you’ she said, ‘Now get out’ Mingkki straightforwardly told him, wanting the house to herself again, this made Sehun laugh, he wasn’t offended by her at all, he felt that she was just being her natural anti-social self, since she had mentioned that she didn’t even like going outside, they both left.

‘Thank you mom’ Sehun thanked her for letting him meet someone so talented like that, HJ smiled at him, ‘Your very welcome my son’ HJ said, ‘And I’m sorry for keeping it from you, it wasn’t easy but it was for work’ she told him, ‘I understand’ he said hugging her with one arm, since the other was holding her artwork.

____

‘What are you doing?’ Jongin asked Sehun, who was sitting at his desk looking an at one of ZYs art books, Jongin was one of his boys, and they were at school, Sehun was in his last year of high school, it had been a week since he had last saw her. ‘Oh ZY’ Jongin said, Sehun knew of her being famous and very talented, but after meeting her, he just couldn’t help to check out and look up everything about her work, since there was no information on her personally, because no one knew who she was. ‘I have to admit some of her work is amazing’ Jongin said staring at the book, impressed with ZYs work, since he was not into stuff like paintings and that, but after meeting her, Sehun seemed obsessed with it for the past couple of days, Jongin couldn’t help looking at it too, and feeling a lot of different feelings towards them.

‘Right’ Sehun proudly said, ‘What’s gotten into you lately? Always looking at her books and stuff’ Jongin questioned him, ‘I’m just… very impressed, that I can’t help to look at all of her works’ he told Jongin. Sehun really was becoming obsessed with her work and probably her too, as he couldn’t stop thinking of her and her mysteriously badass behaviour, making him sigh at the thought of her. He had been waiting for his mother, if they were going over again, that he even courageously yet embarrassingly asked her if they were, but she said they won’t be going back for a while. 

Sehun himself also had a dream he wanted to pursue, which was photography, he liked taking pictures of nature and the freedom of the world, as well as people but mostly only in their natural state. But now there was someone he wanted to capture in his photos so much, and that person being Mingkki, just the mysteriousness she gave off was extremely alluring and addictive, that you wanted to capture it more and more, that he had memorised every single second of the moment she walked out of her room in his head. ‘Beautiful’ he mumbled to himself, he was extremely attracted to her, because that night he couldn’t stop thinking of her, ‘Did you say something?’ Jongin asked him, Sehun smiled while shaking his head.

****

‘Mother’ Sehun called her, as he arrived back home that day, ‘I’m in the kitchen’ HJ yelled out, ‘What’s wrong son?’ she asked him, knowing there was something wrong with him, for Sehun to call her out like that. ‘I…’ Sehun hesitated whether to ask or not, would she find it weird that he was asking her, but said it anyway, ‘I need to see Minzy’ Sehun told her, making HJ grinned widely at him, making Sehun embarrassed as he sighed and avoided her eyes. ‘Why?’ she curiously asked him, ‘Mother please’ Sehun shyly told her, not wanting to tell her his reasons, ‘Alone or together?’ she asked him, ‘Alone. I need to clarify some things’ he said, she smiled at him, ‘Okay’ she said, about to give him the passcode to her door. ‘You can’t tell anyone Sehun’ she strictly told him, ‘I would never’ Sehun promised, ‘I have to give you her code, because she would never open her door to anyone and because she probably won’t hear the door’ HJ said, ‘Why?’ Sehun asked her. ‘Because she’s like that, Mingkki is not so welcoming with people other than me’ she told him, he nodded, ‘Why do you call her Mingkki?’ Sehun asked, ‘That’s her nickname she told me to call her’ she said.

‘Will it be alright if I go over there?’ Sehun asked her, she nodded, ‘It should be fine, just hopefully you don’t see anything you shouldn’t’ she coughed, ‘Then I shouldn’t go there’ he said with concern, ‘Don’t worry too much’ HJ said, totally carefree about the issue of him going there.

They had their talks about Mingkki, as he got to know more about her from his mother, practically everything about her really, Hye Jung was happy to tell him everything because not many people knew her, Sehun found out that she’s never had a friend, because her so called friends only used her. That Mingkki has always been alone, so much she was used to it, that she has bad memories of her childhood, about being thrown out into the streets by her so called family, lived as an orphan her entire life until she was old enough to leave and live by herself. Yet even during those difficult times she still pursued her dreams of being an artist, which made Sehun feel that she really was amazing to overcome such things and still achieve her dream.

****

Sehun first knocked on the door/rang the bell, just to see if she does open it, and well no response, so he put in her code and slowly walked in with caution, his heart racing. Sehun gasped, as he stopped breathing and slightly going red in the face, at the sight of Mingkki laying on her couch, reading a book, and her earphones in. She was so beautiful, wearing a black long sleeved cropped hoodie, and black pants, her hair slicked back, her mysterious tattoo that played along her hips, she was just so perfectly badass, that he wanted to capture this moment of her. Grabbing his camera that he had brought with him, turning it on and pointing it towards her, taking shots of her without her permission but he just couldn’t miss the chance. Then Mingkki slightly turned her head looking straight at him, her eyes so cold, as he also captured every bit of it, his breathing got heavy at the excitement of capturing her beauty at that moment, and his heart racing and pounding in his chest at the intensity of her stare looking right at him.

But Mingkki just acted like her carefree self, looking back at her book, as her hand reached for one of her earphones, pulling it out to again look back at him, ’70 – 30’ she calmly told him. Sehun stopped, putting his camera down, ‘Huh?’ he asked her, ‘70% me and 30% yours’ she said, ‘When you sell those picture, I want my share’ she smirked, Sehun chuckled, ‘I won’t be selling them’ he told her, ‘But if you do’ she said. ‘Wait, why do you get 70 and I get 30’ he questioned her, ‘Because I’m in it’ she confidently said, Sehun loved her confidence, ‘So why are you here, Oh Sehun’ Mingkki asked him going back to her book, ‘Where is your mother?’ she added.

Sehun didn’t like how she paired him with HJ like he was some child, ‘I am not a child, why are you asking me about mother!?’ Sehun hissed at her, Mingkki side glanced him then closed her book and put it down. Mingkki sat up, as her hair messily went everywhere, she stared at him ‘Hot tempered just like the kid you are’ she bluntly , which really got him heated, ‘Stop referring me to a little kid or child’ he warned her, Mingkki tilted her head at him slightly looking elsewhere then back at his intense glare. ‘Teenager?’ she asked, ‘No, don’t refer me to anything, just Sehun’ he told her, ‘Okay, Sehun’ Mingkki calmly said, ‘Sorry if I offended you in anyway’ she apologised while standing up and walking towards him, ‘And I only asked where your mother was, since she is the only one who knows my passcode’ Mingkki got really close to him while staring into his eyes.

Sehun was flustered while gulping at how close she was, but was stuck in his spot because she was just too irresistible to want to move, ‘Mother gave it to me, because I needed to see you’ Sehun bravely told her. Mingkki stepped back after hearing his reason, ‘You needed to see me?’ she asked him, he nodded at her, Mingkki walked passed him to the kitchen to grab a drink for the both of them, ‘Water, juice, tea, coffee, hot chocolate… milk’ she offered him a drink while glancing back at him for a reaction, which he childishly frowned at her. Mingkki laughed, ‘hot chocolate please’ Sehun answered while taking a seat on the chair by the bench, ‘So what’s up?’ Mingkki asked him, while making his hot chocolate and a cup of milk for her, ‘I… don’t particularly have anything to say’ Sehun told her, Mingkki looked at him while placing his cup in front of him, ‘So you just needed to literally see me’ she said. Sehun glanced down shyly while nodding, ‘I see’ she calmly said, he looked up at her to see her staring at him, ‘And how is it?’ she asked him as she was leaning on her elbow, and chin in her palm, Sehun stared at her completely fascinated by her entirely, ‘Beautiful’ he mumbled, making her smile and laugh at him.

They both ended up talking to each other, Sehun wanted to know more about how she got so talented and how she works, Mingkki didn’t mind showing him around and telling him what he needed. And Sehun knew not to mention anything about her personal life, not until she told him herself, ‘Is there a reason to why you have your bed in the lounge, instead of your room?’ Sehun asked her, ‘I’ll show you’ she told him. Mingkki was open to him because he was Hye Jung’s son, as she opened her room to him, he was extremely amazed at what he saw in there, all her equipment for her work and her artworks were in there.

Sehun was happy to be shown such a delicate place in her work environment, ‘Your mother did mention you wanted to pursue photography’ Mingkki said looking at his camera, Sehun grinned widely as he nodded his head in excitement. ‘It’s my dream to have my photos acknowledged by the world’ he earnestly said, 'Just like you' Sehun thought to himself, Mingkki softly smiled at his determined state, and especially proud of his dream, as he wanted his photos to be acknowledged and not himself, which she saw him as someone who would really go far, if he kept his head in it and worked hard. ‘Don’t look down, keep your head high and your hard work will pay off one day’ Mingkki sincerely told him, Sehun stared at her in admiration, ‘Thank you’ he genuinely thanked her for her kind words, as he would never forget them.  

Sehun offered to make dinner for them, Mingkki didn’t decline his offer, but somehow felt uncomfortable with his long stay, she didn’t mind it though… Mingkki was just very unfamiliar with the new feeling of someone being around her for so long.

After a while of his stay, they talked, played games, watched TV, Sehun had fell asleep on her couch, Mingkki just stared at him, not knowing what to do about the situation, since it was a first for someone to sleep in her home. Mingkki called someone, while standing near her window, and staring down at Sehun, ‘Mingkki’ it was Hye Jung, ‘Mmm, your son has fallen asleep on my couch’ Mingkki told her, ‘Really?’ Hye Jung said a little surprised to hear that, ‘Sehun never falls asleep anywhere but his room, he doesn’t even sleep out anywhere’ Hye Jung told her. Mingkki sighed because she never asked about such things but heard her loud and clear, ‘Are you coming to get him, or is he staying the night?’ Mingkki asked her, ‘Hmm’ Hye Jung thought about it. ‘Let him stay the night Mingkki’ HJ told her, Mingkki exhaled while pinching the bridge of her nose, ‘Your quite irresponsible’ Mingkki bluntly told her, HJ laughed she was used to Mingkkis bluntness.

‘Sehun is my son, I know he wouldn’t try anything like that Mingkki’ Hye Jung told her, ‘Sure’ Mingkki stated, ‘Take care of him for me Mingkki’ HJ told her, ‘yeah’ she sighed as they both hung up. Mingkki stared at him, thinking whether to leave him there or be polite and move him to her bed. But moving would be tough, yet she did it anyway, grabbing him and quickly lifting him princess style, then dropping him on to her bed with struggle, she glared at him for making her do this. Sehun was a heavy sleeper, so he didn’t wake up during the movement, Mingkki then went to grab a blanket to cover him, placing it over him and tucking him in, she then went to the couch that was near the bed, grabbing a book and pencil and writing some stuff down, before she fell asleep.

____

Sehun woke up first while he was hugging one of her pillows, yawning as he stretched, for a second he wondered where he was, since it felt so unfamiliar, but then quickly remembered what had happened. Realising he was in her bed, to look around and see Mingkki herself sleeping on the couch, ‘Didn’t I fall asleep on there?’ he thought, moving to sit on the edge of the bed so he could get a better look at her. ‘How did you move me?’ he mumbled, ‘You didn’t have to’ he softly said, talking to her while she was asleep, he could not stop staring at her, she was mesmerising to the eyes, he had fallen for her, Sehun was definitely in love with her.

Sehun went to wash up and decided to make breakfast, as it was the weekend, Mingkki was still asleep through the whole thing that is until Sehun got up in her face, about to wake her up, ‘Minzy’ he whispered her name. Making her flinch a little, Sehun got closer to her ear whispering her name again, ‘Minzy’ he softly whispered, his breathe hitting her ear, which definitely woke her up, at the weirdness she had felt. Mingkki had instinctively pushed him, as she woke up, while glaring at him and rubbing her ear of the weird sensation of his breathe hitting her ear, ‘What are you doing?’ she coldly asked him, staring down at Sehun who had landed on his and looking at her in shock to have her do that to him. ‘Breakfast’ Sehun told her, ‘I was trying to wake you up’ he said, Mingkki relaxed, ‘Sorry, but please don’t wake me up… especially like that’ Mingkki told him, ‘I do not like my sleep to be disturbed’ Mingkki continued, ‘I’m sorry, I had no idea’ he apologised, ‘No its okay, just for future reference’ she smiled at him, he happily nodded.

They ate after she had washed up, Mingkki also told him to address her as Mingkki, Sehun didn’t want to leave but his mother had called up and told him to come home, there was something he needed to do, and he couldn’t disobey her, as well as Mingkki telling him to listen to his mother and go home too. But before he left there was something he really needed to tell her, only wanted her to hear, he didn’t want an answer from her at all.

Mingkki waited for him, ‘Sorry for the intrusion’ Sehun told her with a polite bow, ‘Don’t worry about it’ she answered him, ‘Thank you for dinner and breakfast’ she told him, he smiled ‘It’s okay, I can cook for you anytime you want’ he tenderly told her. ‘There is also something I need to tell you’ he bravely said, determined to let her know of his feelings, ‘What is it?’ she asked him, ‘I don’t want a reply or anything, I just want you to know okay’ he told her, she nodded.

‘I like you’ Sehun confidently told her, Mingkki just stared at him, seeing his face blush deep red, which meant he was serious, and she would never take someone who is serious as a joke, ‘Thank you’ she replied. Because Sehun did not want a reply, Sehun smiled at her, ‘But…’ Mingkki added, Sehun looked at her in fright, not wanting to hear any kind of rejection, especially after confessing so bravely like that. ‘You’ve only just met me once and that was a week ago’ she wondered, Sehun let out a relieved breathe that it wasn’t what he was thinking it was, ‘After that I couldn’t stop thinking of you’ Sehun told her, ‘And I naturally fell for you, then meeting you again, I knew that this feeling was real and I couldn’t ignore it’ he said, ‘No, I won’t ignore it’ Sehun said with determination.

‘I like you Mingkki’ Sehun told her again, Mingkki smirked, ‘I know, you told me already’ she chuckled at him, ‘It’s not awkward for you’ Sehun asked her, she shook her head, ‘Not really no, should it be?’ she asked him. Sehun nodded, ‘Naturally it should be yes’ he told her, ‘I see’ Mingkki calmly said, because she wasn’t sure how she felt for him, or if she even saw him that way, because to Mingkki, Sehun was Hye Jungs son, that’s how she saw him.

‘Well I’ll go now, see you around Mingkki’ Sehun said leaving, Mingkki waved him off.

____

After that day, Sehun had went over her house every day, wanting to see her, no… he needed to see her or he would go crazy, he was extremely obsessed with her, Mingkki didn’t mind it, but felt that she was slightly hindering his daily life, by him coming over here every day, even if it was by his decision, she still felt like she was the one burdening him.

‘Is it okay for him to coming over every day like that?’ Mingkki asked HJ who had come over while he was at school, ‘He seems a lot happier’ HJ told her, ‘I can see that but what about his future in photography’ Mingkki seriously stated. ‘Instead of coming here, he could… you know’ Mingkki said, HJ smiled while nodding, seeing just how worried Mingkki was for him, ‘He has a lot of potential’ Mingkki said, since Sehun had shown her a lot of his work, ‘I know’ she told Mingkki. ‘But I don’t want him to get into it too fast, I want him to enjoy his high school life’ HJ said, ‘Yes that is what I think too’ Mingkki agreed, ‘So it’s better he doesn’t come here anymore’ Mingkki said, ‘He should focus on his high school life and not come here where…’ she stopped. ‘Where here, there is nothing for him’ Mingkki stated, ‘Mingkki, if her wants to come here, then I won’t stop him’ HJ told her, ‘I know you are trying to look out for the better of him, but let him decide what he wants in his life yeah’ HJ asked her, Mingkki sighed.

‘Okay sure, but I’m not exactly the kind of person he should hang around’ Mingkki said, ‘I keep to my own world, cooped up in my room, and only leave the place when I need something’ she stated, ‘I don’t go anywhere, I don’t like to associate with people at all’ Mingkki added. ‘While Sehun should get out there and enjoy everything, unlike me’ Mingkki told her, HJ knew where she was coming from, ‘Sehun can do a lot more than me, I know he can, I can see it’ Mingkki said, ‘He reminds me of myself…’ Mingkki smiled, ‘But in a better environment, in a better state of mind’ she added. ‘So please don’t let him become like me…’ Mingkki sadly stared at her, HJ understood exactly where she was coming from, ‘I know what you are trying to say Mingkki’ HJ said, ‘But his life is his, no matter what he wants, it’s his decision’ HJ was such a trusting mother. ‘And I do plan to help him out in working on his dream, but when he needs me to, when he asks for my help, that is when I will make him achieve it, to the highest point’ HJ said determined to make her son a top photographer in the world.

‘But…’ Mingkki was trying to explain just how important things are for Sehun and his future, ‘But nothing Mingkki’ HJ finished her sentence, ‘You are more than just what you think you are’ HJ smiled at her. ‘You are a very affectionate and soft person Mingkki, even when you come off as a mysterious, badass girl who is very hard to approach’ HJ described her, ‘There is more to you than what the eyes see and Sehun has seen that side of you’ she added, Mingkki sighed. ‘so just let him decide what he wants to do’ HJ said, Mingkki nodded.

____

Sehun had fallen deeply in love with Mingkki, so much he was even thinking of marrying her when he grew a bit older, and more worthy of her, he worked hard to be a better person in life and achieve his dream, so he could stand side by side with her. Sehun had seen every side of her from her affectionate and soft side, where she would comfort you in the most loving way, her soft touches, when food would be left on his chin and she would naturally wipe it away like nothing. When she saw that Sehun seemed troubled, just a tender pat on his head would calm him, and when he was very annoyed at something that had happened at school, she would show him the softness of her eyes and smile that expressed to him that everything was okay.

And when Sehun would arrive through her door, as she was reading her book to then glance up at him, she would give him a loving smile, as if to say ‘Welcome home’, a feeling that Sehun had felt extremely happy with, he felt content. It was like Mingkki was his home, because Sehun would return to her no matter the day, but was always told to go home during the weekdays because of school, and he would never disobey her, even when he didn’t want to leave her place. Sehun knew his mother was okay with it, as long as he didn’t hinder her work, to which he didn’t, as sometimes he would see her working in her room, and would just watch from the side, also taking pictures of her every moment.

Sehun loved every bit of her, that mysteriousness, that badass look, the affectionate and soft side to her that you would never think she had, the professional and serious side to her when she was in the zone of creating her next masterpiece. And when Sehun saw her pieces, he was always very flustered, so he would try to avoid those specific pieces, because they would arouse every single feeling and hormones in the body of any human being, no matter how hard you try to resist it, you would get caught in the trap of her art.

But sometimes Sehun didn’t like the anti-socialness of her, when she always stayed in her apartment, and never went outside, Mingkki had experienced everything out there, but was not interested in it at all. Because to Mingkki, creating art pieces was her way of seeing the deepness of the world, but what she captures is not of what you see, but the layers that hide underneath, that so called world of yours.

While for Mingkki, she knew that she was falling for him, but would always resist the feeling of it, and try to push it away, because she felt that she was not deserving of him, because he was so pure and innocent like the child he was, even if he was practically a teenager who was blooming. Mingkki just couldn’t, she wouldn’t sully him, she knew he was someone who hadn’t had a single first in his life, not a single girlfriend, not one date, even when he was asked out so many times he would decline every single time because he just didn’t feel that way towards them, he was not one to try things out in the spur of the moment. Sehun still hadn’t had his first kiss, or even held hands with a girl, except for his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter