Final

컬러링 (Color Ring)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" I keep holding onto the unanswered phone.
The melody flowing out of the phone is sweet
but why does it sound painful to my ears.
It sounds like my heart screaming after it lost you. "

8 months before:

Nam Taehyun didn't expected his life to change so fast. He was just a 21 y/o boy living on his own, trying to get some part-time jobs here and there so he could pay for his small apartment. He honestly thought that was the best for him, at least he had a bed and food. He could survive.

His part-time jobs wouldn't last much, as he would either be late for work, or he was just too relaxed all the time. His bosses would fire him after a month or two. But his last job was different. And even thought it was on the same business area as the previous, he knew it would be different the minute he met his boss.

"Good morning.." Taehyun said, bowing politely as he entered his boss' office.

"Oh hello~!" A very enthusiasic man almost jumped towards him, startling Taehyun. He was slightly taller than Taehyun, probably around the same height. His dark-brown, thick eyebrows contrasting with his almost light-brown skin, his little smile flustering the younger's heart. Taehyun stood still, eyes slightly popped, watching the unknown man in front of him.

"No need to be nervous. I'm Song Minho, I'll be your boss from now on~ You can just call me Mino." Mino threw his arm around Taehyun's shoulder, pulling him closer in a friendly hug as if they were long-date friends. Taehyun blushed slightly as he was just inches away from his face.

"M-My name is Nam Taehyun.. I'll be in your care from now on.." Taehyun said politely and looked down, as he was about to bow, only to be stopped by the older.

"Ayeee~ C'mon, don't be so polite." Mino smiled before looking at his wrist, checking the time. His mouth changed from a smile to a silent "oh" before running to his own desk.

"Let's go have lunch, you're probably hungry~ Where do you wanna go? I know this awesome restaurant, they have the best samgyeopsal I've ever had~!" He took his coat that was lying on the chair and led the way, making a little gesture to the younger so that he could go before him.

"D-Don't we need to discuss my schedule or my paymen-"

"Aishhh we just met~! We'll talk about that later." Mino playfully pushed Taehyun, making the younger walk fast towards the door.

Nam Taehyun, don't overreact; He is your boss, don't get things mixed, he thought to himself.

 

"It sounds like the melody
is mocking my longing for you.
I’ve been stuck in the same spot"

5 months before:

Nam Taehyun was happy. He's been in the same job for more than he used to, which was good. His boss was very nice and playfull too. It got him a bit of time to get used to such a young, energetic boss, the previous were all old men.

Mino would always meet the younger at his office, during morning break, lunch break, afternoon break and even before going home. One time or another they would wait for each other and just stop at the restaurant or Taehyun's home to have dinner. He made sure he reminded his boss that his apartment was as tiny as his office, but he didn't really care. I just wanna have a good time with you, Taehyun-ah~, he would say everytime. And everytime he said it, Taehyun's heart would skip a beat, and he had to restrain himself from squeaking like a teenager. But he would also make sure their relationship wouldn't pass past friends.

Taehyun was only thinking this way because he didn't know what would happen if he somehow talked about it. He has developed this strange feeling that would make his heart race faster than usual, and he was pretty sure it was love. But he didn't know anything about him. He knew his name, his age, favourite dish and restaurant and nothing else. He didn't know about Mino's family, or other friends, hobbies or other stuff he liked.

It has only been 3 months since they met, but he's never went to his boss' house. Everytime they would talk about dinner, Mino made sure it was at Taehyun's place, and the younger would always accept it anyways.

He was also afraid Mino wasn't interest in men, or if he had a girlfriend. And just thinking about it, Taehyun's heart would sink into his ribs, in pain. He tried not to think about it too much, and just tried to have fun with him as much as he could.

Because, despite being his boss, he was a great friend. One of the best friends he ever had. So he couldn't let go of this one, not this time.

"Say, Taehyun-ah~ Do you have any girlfriend~?" Taehyun almost chocked on his beer as he heard the older. He tried to look calm, still eating and drinking so that you could give him quick answers and then avoid the topic, althought he could feel his cheeks starting to burn a little.

"Umm.. No.." He said, chewing on a piece of meat while distracting himself (and also his hyung) by watching tv. Mino poked his shoulder teasingly, trying to get him to say, throwing a bit of aegyo in the process.

"C'mon~~ Someone so young and good-looking can't possible be single~" He got closer to Taehyun, his face inches close from the younger. Taehyun could hear him chewing, which made him snort and spill his beer all over the floor.

"Aisshhh, so clumsy~!" Mino giggled and ran to the kitchen, as Taehyun was still laughing and bowing at him at the same time. Funny they were at Taehyun's place and Mino already acted like it was his own home. And, honestly, Taehyun didn't mind.

"I'm sorry but-" He tried to say between giggles. "Your face and- .. and you chewing-" He giggled again. "It was too funny.." Taehyun finally stopped laughing and wiped a tear rolling down his face. His face turned red and he bowed again, getting multiple "it's okay" 's from his boss. Eventually they forgot about this topic. 

Dinner went by and they were watching a movie as, all of the sudden, Mino turns back on asking him.

"Heyy, Taehyun-ah.. You sure you're not lying to me?" Taehyun pretended to be asleep so he could avoid the conversation, once again.

As he noticed Mino getting awkwardly quiet, he was about to open his eyes when something stopped him. Something he's been wanting for months. Something that was making his heart beat so fast he couldn't bear it.

Mino was kissing him.

But he couldn't open his eyes. He wasn't sure on what to to next if he opened them. So he decided to just appreciate the kiss, even if he couldn't kiss him back.

It seemed like their lips were connected for a whole hour, but they actually only touched for a couple of seconds before Mino grabbed Taehyun, bridal style, and carried him to his bed. Once they got there, the older slowly pulled the covers up and kissed Taehyun's forehead, as if it were a goodnight kiss. 

Taehyun managed to open his eyes slightly without being noticed, and watched Mino as he was struggling on whether he should or should not climb in bed and lay next to Taehyun. He could read him so easily, just like a little kid.

It took him every strength on his muscles not pull his hyung to bed with him. He really, really wanted it, but he was still afraid of what would come next. Meanwhile thinking this, Taehyun fell asleep without even noticing.

In the next morning he went to the living room and found a rather uncomfortable, big little kid laying on his small couch. He sighed, followed by a smile as he remembered the last night's moments.

It was too perfect for his unlucky life.

"why now after I’ve been left behind.
the song’s sad end
I’m listening to it (why now)
why now,
You’re not by my side (why now)
the song’s sad story
I’m crying over it"

4 weeks before:

8 months had passed and Taehyun couldn't be more happy than he was. He would almost never smile at work, but now it was different.

His life was going to take a different path, and by the looks of it, it was going to be a good path. Full of surprises, like always, but most of the times he was actually enjoying his life.

All due to his current part-time job that, aside from offering him a very nice payment and rather long breaks, a nice view to the streets

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter