Beagle Beagle Beagle

Seventeen Drabbles

AN: This was adorable to write, hope you guys like it! I've been ridiculously busy, which is why I haven't been writing much. Any of you waiting for the continuation of the FlowerShopAU, I promise I'm workin on it, it's just not coming out how I thought it would, so there's a lot of editing to do. But these little drabbles are fun and a good stress reliever for me :) Please keep sending in requests, I'll get to them as soon as I can! Please enjoy!

 

Prompt: CHINALINE (ft. puppies) -- requested by orangepumpkins --> I hope this is okay!

 

Every morning as they walked to university together, Jun couldn’t help but notice how Minghao would always pause in front of the animal shelter to stare at the puppies in the window. This morning was no different, the young boy’s attention captured by a golden retriever who had scarily similar hair. Jun sighed. He knew that Minghao wanted a puppy, badly, but he just couldn’t think of a way to fit a tiny animal into their hectic lifestyle.

Minghao was constantly in and out of the house, attending his own classes and then teaching dance workshops at his friend Soonyoung’s studio. Jun was busy with his modeling and in addition to rehearsals for the drama department’s spring play, he wasn’t home much either. Any animal they adopted would probably starve to death or just fill their living room with piles of .

Hearing more sighs from his boyfriend’s mouth made the older boy sigh in turn. Shaking his head, Jun grabbed Minghao’s hand and pulled him away from the window. The golden retriever pawed at the window sadly, not wanting the puppy-like boy to leave.

“Jun! Stop pulling, you’re hurting me!” Minghao complained.

“Aigoo, aigoo, I’m sorry baby. I didn’t mean to pull that hard.” Jun apologized, dropping the pale hand, rubbing at the throbbing beginning behind his temples.

“Are you okay Junnie? You don’t look so good.”

“I’m just a little stressed Minghao, don’t worry. It’s nothing you need to concern yourself with.” At Jun’s words, Minghao frowned and scooted in front of his boyfriend, stopping him in his tracks. Little creases appeared on his forehead as he glared.

“Cut the crap babe, there’s something wrong and either you tell me or I am going to make you sleep on the couch tonight and you can be even grumpier and go to your shoot tomorrow looking like you’ve been on a bender.” The look in Minghao’s eyes scared Jun; his boyfriend was normally cute and docile, but there was also the non-cinnamon roll side to him that could easily kill a person.

Sighing, Jun admitted what’d been bothering him. “I don’t like that I can’t give you what you want. I know that you want a dog and I just feel horrible because we can’t take care of one right now.”

Minghao blinked. “Is that what you’re upset about? I know that we can’t take care of dog Jun, and maybe I shouldn’t be so obvious about it, but really, I’m not going to go into a depression because I can’t have an adorable dog. You don’t need to worry about it.” Wrapping his arms around his boyfriend, he pulled the brunette into a hug. They stood there for a good couple minutes until someone behind the couple cleared their throat and the boys realized that they were blocking the sidewalk. Apologizing to the older man who looked irritated, they resumed their walk to university (a safe distance behind the grump).

Jun felt a little relieved about the whole situation and Minghao had already disappeared off into his own little Minghao world. The topic of puppies wasn’t mentioned for a while.

 

A FEW MONTHS LATER

 

“Baobei, c’mere for a second! There’s someone I want you to meet!” Jun’s voice called from the entryway. Minghao got up off the couch where he’d been doing some homework and crept into the next room, expecting to see a human being but instead, he was tackled by…

“Puppy!?” His brown eyes grew huge as he found himself with an armful of happy, squirming canine. “You’re so cute! Who’s the cutest little puppy in the world? You! Yes you!” Pausing his puppy talk, he started the little beagle’s ears as he stared at his boyfriend. “Where did you…? When did you…? How?”

“You know how I’ve been really friendly with the auntie next door lately? Well, she’s a little lonely, and she agreed to come watch the puppy when we’re out of the house, so we don’t have to worry about him. I went to the shelter this morning and found this little guy. He reminded me of you, I couldn’t leave him there. And here we are!” Jun smiled proudly, feeling like he’d just done the best thing in the world. The look on Minghao’s face when he realized that Jun had gotten them a dog was the most precious thing in the world. The older could’ve died happily right then and there after seeing that expression.

Minghao stood up and, with beagle in arm, pulled his boyfriend into a kiss that was more smiling into each others mouth than actual kiss. “Have I ever told you that I love you?”

“Never hurts to hear it again,”

The little beagle in Minghao’s arms barked happily, tail wagging excitedly. He had no idea what was going on, but the big human was nice and the littler human smelled good. He could live with these people.