Groceries.

the more, the merrier

983 words


 

"Shopping! Shopping! Shopping!" Seungcheol and Hanbin chanted loudly. Hoseok raised his hand to signal them to lower their voices. "Do you have your whistles?"

 

"Yes, Appa!" They chorused.

 

"Appa! I want a banana!" Hanbin emphasized the last word while shoving his banana-printed backpack on Hoseok's face. "Okay, okay. We'll buy tons of it! Who else wants something?" Hoseok immediately regrets asking that question as the kids started to yell in his face(Hanbin is still shoving his backpack to him). "What's with all the yelling?" They all zipped their mouths as they sensed Yoongi's irritation. "Sorry, Eomma" They said in unison, Hoseok included.

 

"Hoseok, get the kids in the car. I'll just go and get Jihoon" Hoseok nods and immediately ushers the kids to the garage while they silently chant what they wish to buy. Meanwhile, Yoongi goes to the kids' room and tip toes towards Jihoon's crib where the said toddler is sleeping. Yoongi got him ready first and lulled him back to sleep before he attended to the other kids. "Hey, baby, time to go" Yoongi cooed and bent down a bit to poke his baby's soft, chubby cheek with his finger, unsurprised when he didn't even flinch. "Sleepyhead" Yoongi chuckled.

 

Yoongi lowers one side of the crib, takes a deep breath then crouches down to pick up the sleeping Jihoon. "Oh good. You finally woke up" Jihoon blinks at his father and gives him a toothless smile. "Smiling like that, huh? You pooped again, didn't you?" Yoongi narrows his eyes as Jihoon giggles. "I know you too well, Jung Jihoon"


 "What's next on the list, Jeonghannie?" Yoongi asks as he reaches for a box of brownies at the top shelf and reads its contents, "too much fat" he mumbles with a frown but throws it in the cart anyway. "Strawberry milk, Eomma" 

 

"I don't remember writing that. Let me see?" Jeonghan hands Yoongi the two foot long list and admires his father's pretty face as he smiles. "Ah, Baek wrote it" Yoongi chuckles as he gives the paper back to his son and pushes the cart. "Help me find it, okay, Jeonghannie?" Jeonghan nods as Yoongi grins at him. "I, uh, think it's on this isle..." Yoongi and Jeonghan begin to scan through the shelves on the isle. "Oh! I'll go look on the other side, Eomma!" Yoongi shakes his head no. "You'll get lost, hun" Yoongi says strictly, eyes still looking through the shelves.

 

"I won't, Eomma, and if strangers try to take me I'll kick them in the shins!" Yoongi narrows his eyes and fakes a sad face, "What if they try to take me instead?" Jeonghan gasps lightly and puts his hands on his tiny waist, "I'll just stay with you, Eomma! I'll protect you!" Yoongi chuckles then crouches down slightly to kiss his little angel's forehead, Jeonghan tiptoes to meet him halfway. "Blow your whistle if anything happens, okay?" Jeonghan nods, kisses Yoongi's stomach and runs to the next aisle.


"Apple!"

 

"Strawberry!"

 

"Kids--"

 

"Apple is yummy!"

 

"Strawberry is yummier!"

 

"Sto--"

 

"Apple!"

 

"Strawberry!"

 

"I said--"

 

"Appleeee!"

 

"Strawberryyyy!"

 

"If you--"

 

"Banana!"

 

"Asdfgj"

 

"What was that Jihoonie?" Hoseok pulls the pacifier gently from Jihoon's mouth. The toddler then starts to babble something that sounds somewhere between 'lollipop' and 'spaghetti' Hoseok chuckles and adjusts the strap of the baby carrier. "Jihoonie is getting better!" Hoseok says as he gives the pacifier back to Jihoon.

 

"Appa! Strawberry, pleeeeaaase?" Seungcheol pouts at Hoseok. "No, Appa! Apple! Pleeeaaase!" Baekhyun uses his puppy eyes at Hoseok. His kids are too cute and his conscience will haunt him if he doesn't say yes to those adorable little faces. "Just take both, angels" They gasp in unison and high fived. "Appa! Banana!" Hoseok nods at Hanbin, too. 

 

As Hoseok watches his kids pick the fruits they want, he hears squeals behind him. "Hello, Hoseok oppa!" They wave at him and Hoseok immediately recognize them. "Oh, Yeri-ah, Hyerin-ah!" They're trainees from the company where Hoseok works at as a choreographer. Hoseok faces them completely and they squeal louder when they see Jihoon strapped to his chest. "Oppa! Is this your baby?!" Hoseok nods. "This is Jihoonie. Say hi, baby" Jihoon only glares at them and nuzzles his face on Hoseok's chest. "Uh... he's like that to almost everyone" The girls continues to fawn over Jihoon who's trying so hard to hide his face on his father's chest so they'll leave him alone.

 

"Appa, let's go!" Seungcheol pumps his fist, a box of strawberries at the other hand. "Yeri, look! There's more!" They run to the other three toddlers and squealed because they're so cute oh my gosh, oppa! 

 

"So many fluffy cheeks! I wanna eat them all!" Yeri giggles and squishes Seungcheol and Hanbin in a tight hug. "Um... girls, take it--"

 

"And they smell so cute, too!" squeals Hyerin as he buries his nose in Baekhyun's baby blue shirt. "Appa..." Hoseok just stands there, watching his children be devoured(?) by two squealing monsters from BigHit Hell-tertainment. "Oppa! Oppa! Let's take a selca with your babies!" 

 

"W-what? No, no. I'll just take a pic of you guys" They whined, "But Jiji is strapped to you, oppa~" Jiji? Who's-- oh. "U-um, sure, I guess?" The girls cheered and they immediately runs to Hoseok's sides. Seungcheol, Hanbin and Baekhyun watches as the evil witches take pictures with their daddy. "I thought we'll join..." Seungcheol says. Baekhyun stares in horror as his dad is forced to smile. His smile oddly looks like the run-for-your-lives-my-children smile.

 

"Last one! Smile!" As Hyerin puts down the phone, Hoseok sees Yoongi with his arms on his waist, their kids mirroring him. "H-Hello, Yoongi-ssi, how are you?" Yoongi raises a brow at them so they quickly ran away for their lives. "Let's go, kids. And you, peasant, push the cart" Yoongi takes Jihoon away from Hoseok and glares at him. Someone's sleeping at the couch tonight.