An Early Morning

All Work, No Play

“You used to call me on my cell phone.” 

 

Nahyun sang along to the song, “Late night when need my love.”

 

“You never told me you could sing” B.I. stood in the doorway, leaning against the side.  He was wearing knee length pants and a white shirt.  You could see his tattoo a little clearly now.  It seemed to be numbers.  Nahyun found herself staring at him and almost smiled.  Almost.

 

“I’ve never told you anything about me.” She replied, trying to cover up her pink cheeks with a snarky reply.  B.I. saw her embarrassed cheeks and smiled.  He walked over to her in a slow manner, as if he had something to say.

 

“Before we start, I want you to tell me why you don’t like me.”  B.I. sat down in front of her.  

 

Shocked, Nahyun slowly sat down and looked at him like he was crazy.  His eyes were bright, amused if you could say.   

 

“I’m not dumb.  I can feel the tension.  We need to get this out in the open if we want to make the best couple dance ever.”

 

Nahyun sighed, succumbing to B.I.’s reasoning.  “Okay, you’ve asked for it.  First of all, you come into the company, with no explanation whatsoever and you act like you own the place.  Second, you insult me by saying there is a problem with my choreography.  Third, you then tell me my choreography is fine.  Oh and let’s not forget that you call me late at night to tell me to work.” She looked at B.I., waiting for his response.  To her surprise, he started laughing and nodding.  He had a boyish laugh, one that almost reminded her of father.  

 

“Okay, okay, I admit I may have come off a little too strong”, B.I. explained.  Nahyun looked at him, unconvinced. 

 

“Now you explain something to me.  How did you land the job?”  Nahyun asked, quite curious to how an unheard of, young,  tattoo branded, non-suit wearing man becomes such powerful person.  

 

“Umm..hahaha…That…is something actually quite personal.” He suddenly became serious, the spark in his eyes gone.  He looked down at his fingers, played with them for a while before looking back up at Nahyun.

 

It was starting to become a bit uncomfortable, so Nahyun smiled and said, “Okay… I’m sorry for budging.  Do you want to start now?”  She sat up and held out her hand for him.  He took it and so the preparation began.  

 

“Okay so dance needs to start off with them apart.” Nahyun walked a few steps away from B.I.  

“No.  It will be better if they begin together.  This way, the audience can feel the tension and passion between the two from the beginning.”  B.I. said and walked behind Nahyun.  He looked at her, as if he was asking for permission.  Having danced with many males before in college classes, she nodded.  He grabbed her left hand and put it around his neck.  Then he placed one hand on her hip and looked towards her head.  

 

“Then I look at you and I…”  Nahyun said before suddenly being turned in a circle. The sudden movement caused her gasp as B.I. caressed her face.  She was used to partner work, but not this kind of partner work.  She felt wrong doing this with her boss, almost sinful.  

 

“And then we body roll away from each other.”  He planned with an intense look on his face.  They did and then planned a whole set of moves.  

 

====

 

It was about 5:00am by the time they finished.  There was no going home now, especially since they were supposed to start work in two hours.  

 

“Okay, as token of my gratitude, let me treat you to coffee.”  B.I. walked back into the dance studio with a new shirt and and tie.

 

“Do you usually pack extra clothes when you begin jobs?”  She laughed.  He looked like he had gone home for a bath and came back with pressed clothes.  Except for his hair.  His hair was a mess.  

 

“Always.”  He answered with confidence.   She thought he was joking, but he wasn’t.

 

“Okay let’s go.”

 

The two of them walked down to the parking garage where a shiny white sports car awaited them.  At first, Nahyun walked over to an ordinary SUV thinking it was B.I.’s.  Naturally B.I. laughed and hopped into his car.  Stunned, Nahyun gingerly entered the sports car while questioning who B.I. was, where did he come from and how could he afford something like this.  She was still trying to pay off her debt and she was almost one year out of college.

 

Before she could question him, he zoomed off and let the top down.  Nahyun was too excited to remember her questions as the wind wiped around her face.  The cold air hit her skin which gave her pleasant goosebumps.  The sun had yet to surface and there was no one outside.  

 

“This coffee shop is open 24/7.  It’s a perfect time to go now since no one is there.” B.I. said while making a few turns here and there.  

 

“Oh great  More individual time with B.I.” Nahyun thought to her self.  And truthfully, the thought of it wasn’t as upsetting as she imagined it would be.  Well, she had just spent a full 5 hours repeatedly touching the man.  Let’s not forget to mention that he was a bit chiseled.  

 

They pulled into a parking lot that held a tall two story building.  

 

“Coffee…now” She moaned and ran for the door.

 

====

 

Hey guys, sorry for the short chapter.  It has been busy with school and everything.  I promise a better, fuller next chapter!