Body Party

All Work, No Play

“And again.  5, 6, 7, 8” Nahyun shouted, her finger over the play button.  The bass shook the floors with vigor and the lights were slightly dimmed.  Four teens moved to the beat, their bodies synchronizing in a perfect ratio.  After an intense minute, Nahyun paused the music and gave out her criticisms.  The teens left and Nahyun was left alone in the dance studio.  

She checked her phone and saw no messages, no anything.  “I need a life” she laughed and searched her songs list.  Playing Body Party by Ciara, she walked to the middle of the dance floor and listened to the beats. Ceo Kang wanted the girl group dance solidified for this week’s broadcast.

 

———————

 

Junhyeong cleaned his brushes with cleansing fluid and packed them in his bag.

“Oppa”, a young blond girl sneaked up on him, causing him to drop his bag. It was a trainee whose makeup he did earlier for a photoshoot.

“Oppa, has anyone ever told you how handsome you are?”  She smiled at him, a twinkle in her eye.  She wasn’t shy at all.

Junhyeong did a double take; she had to be about half his age.  “I’ll take that as a compliment Mina.  Now go before Manager Oh leaves you behind.”  Mina pouted and turned away, her moves slow and deliberate.  He laughed and turned around to pick up the rest of his things.  It was a good 30 seconds before he heard footsteps.  

 

“Mina, what did I say?  Go.” Junhyeong sighed and turned around.  To his surprise it wasn’t Mina, but Donghyuk.  

“Alright, if you insist.” Donghyuk teased, eliciting an eye roll from Junhyeong.  

“Ready for some dinner?” Donghyuk asked after he finished laughing.  Junhyeong finished packing up and pulled out his phone.  The bright screen read “11:05” and had three missed call from Bobby listed.  

“Looks like Bobby is ready.  Have you checked with Jinhwan yet?” Junhyeong asked.  In that moment, Jinhwan, Junhoe, and Bobby walked in.  

“Checked and ready to roll out” Bobby walked with finger-curling swag.  Junhoe pretended to beat up Bobby, something he always did when Bobby pretend to be a rap king.  The two used to be extremely awkward with each other, but it seemed like their relationship was improving these days.  

 

Jinhwan shook his head and silently lead the pack out.  They all moved into the elevator and ascended.

 

———————-

 

“Your body is my party…” Ciara sang over the speaker.  Nahyun sensually rolled her hips and then spun into the splits.  

“YAHHHHHHH!!!!!” The door burst in to reveal a disgusted Chanwoo.  He ran for the stereo and shut it off.  Nahyun stopped, breathless, her hair in her face.  Chanwoo frantically searched for some clothes because Nahyun was only wear a sports bra and tights.  Still in the splits, Nahyun watched amused as Chanwoo tore apart her bag.  

Right when Chanwoo found a shirt, Jinhwan walked in, the other boys bumping into the frozen Jinhwan.  

“Do I even want to ask why you are searching through your sister’s bag?” Jinhwan chuckled.  Chanwoo shook his head and then threw the shirt at Nahyun’s face. She stuck her tongue at Chanwoo before pulling the shirt over her messy hair.  

 

“Are you still working on that y girl group concept for Ceo Kang?” Donghyuk asked.  He walked to the middle and began dancing like a y girl, attitude and all.  Nahyun faked a vomit and pushed Donghyuk over.  He rolled over, laughing his off.  She “lightly” punched him in his sensitive area and he cried out.

Chanwoo tossed Nahyun her bag.  Once they cleaned up, they all left for the nearest chicken joint.  They were regulars there so once they showed up, they were brought to their usual table.  

 

  • - - - - - - - - - 

 

 

“So what is it that I hear about new management?  Did they finally find a new replacement for VP Jang?” Junhoe asked the group, before the meat came.  VP Jang was the second in command for their agency, but was fired due to his behavior.   It was taking CEO Kang a long time to promote anyone; most people thought he forgot about it.  

 

Jinhwan was probably the closest in the group to CEO Kang so everyone looked towards him.  Jinhwan sipped his beer and shrugged, “Some people are saying Kang filled the position and is making an announcement on Monday.”

“I just hope it’s someone who is going to make a positive influence unlike VP Jang.”  Nahyun said, shivering at the thought of the old VP.  He used to make erted comments to her.  

“I bet Kang has it covered.  We all thought Jang was great…until the lewd comments made its rounds.” Donghyuk rationalized. 

 

Nahyun nodded “I hope so.  Anyways, to bright and better days, did you guys want to see that new movie, Summer Loving, tomorrow?”  CEO Kang was giving them the weekend off, probably because he was prepping for the announcement.  The boys looked away from her, scratching their heads and whistling. A chick flick was definitely not their definition of a weekend off.  Nahyun rolled her eyes and laughed.

 

 - - - - - - -

 

After a long night, Nahyun and Chanwoo went back to their place. Being sibilings, twins actually, they decided to move away from the country and live together in the big city. 

Nahyun had always been interested in dancing from the get-go.  She was a tiny ballerina, a runt in her dance class, which she had to drive an hour to get to.  When her parents couldn’t afford dance lessons on top of Chanwoo’s sports, Nahyun got a job to support her dreams.

After begging her parents, Nahyun moved to Seoul to pursue dance.  For a time, she wanted to be in a girl group, but went through a month of training before deciding it wasn’t for her.  Nahyun got a degree in business and dance and eventually came back to the entertainment industry to choreograph.  She is currently the youngest official choreographer in Kpop at the age of 20.  Slightly muscular, long black hair and light brown eyes, she is also considered an attractive choreographer.

 

A year after she moved to Seoul, Chanwoo followed her to pursue an acting career.  It came as a big shock to their parents because he was so athletic, but they were supportive as always. It has been four years in Seoul and it’s easy to say that the twins are doing well.  

Eventually hired by the same entertainment company, they met the boys.  They first met Jinhwan, the main producer, as he created many beats for Nahyun to experiment.  Second was Bobby, the rap producer.  Nahyun, Jinhwan and Bobby used to stay late at night.  Jinhwan would make beats while Bobby and Nahyun freestyled.  After going to some company meetings, they met Junhyeong, the best makeup artist in Seoul, Donghyuk, the company’s nutritionist and skincare guru, and Junhoe, MV filming mastermind with a knack for singing. 

The group got close and are known as the power group of Ikonic entertainment.

 

---------------------------

 

Hello readers!  Thank you for taking a look into my first and newest story!  Enjoy!