myungjong

linear isomorphism
08. sungjong/myungsoo

 

When Myungsoo told Sungjong that he was going to love him until he died, he was lying.

Myungsoo watched as Sungjong coped with life without Myungsoo, dealing with the aftermath of Myungsoo’s leaving. Myungsoo watched as Sungjong dealt with it by shutting off himself from the world, locking himself in his own room and never leave the house. Myungsoo felt worried, but he didn’t do anything. He wanted to comfort Sungjong, telling him that his life was not over just because Myungsoo left, but he couldn’t. He was the source of Sungjong’s pain.

Myungsoo knew that Sungjong still saved a lot of things that were related to Myungsoo. Photos, gifts, everything. Myungsoo realized, Sungjong really loved him.

Myungsoo watched as Sungjong finally started to move on, not forgetting Myungsoo but finally able to become himself again. Finally able to open himself up again, facing the world again. Myungsoo smiled as Sungjong restarted his life again, hanging out with their friends again, meeting new people. Meeting new loves.

Myungsoo watched as Sungjong dated a new man, building a life without Myungsoo. Myungsoo watched as Sungjong finally became a truly happy man with a wonderful life. Myungsoo watched as Sungjong finally put Myungsoo as a beautiful memory instead of someone he needed to get over with.

Myungsoo wondered if he should move on too, to stop wandering in a place where he didn’t belong to anymore. Myungsoo wondered, if he should stop watching over Sungjong and finally be in peace.

That was true, when Myungsoo told Sungjong that he was going to love him until he died, he was lying. Because even after his death, Myungsoo still loved Sungjong dearly, loved him so much until he felt like dying again, loved him so much that he was trapped in a never ending heartache.