gyusoo

linear isomorphism
Based on the plot of just a little while by flavea, posted with her permission.
06. sunggyu/myungsoo

 

Sunggyu watches as Myungsoo shuffles the letters on the desk, arranging them to whatever he wants to. Myungsoo doesn’t even pay attention to him, absorbed in playing with the letters. Sunggyu takes comfort in watching Myungsoo playing by himself, even though his presence is not being acknowledged. He already accepts the fate that Myungsoo will never be the same again.

“Kim.” Myungsoo suddenly says, looking up to Sunggyu and points to the letter he has arranged on the desk, the letters Sunggyu didn’t pay attention to before.

“Myung,” Myungsoo points to another letter, “Soo.”

Sunggyu looks down and sees the letters arranged, starting to feel a little bit of happiness that Myungsoo manages to arrange his own name. Most of the time, Myungsoo can’t even remember his own name so for him to manage to arrange the letters of his own name is a great achievement.

“I am Kim Myungsoo.” Myungsoo grins, the corners of his eyes crinkle when he does so. He looks like a child, back to being pure and innocent. Myungsoo has always been childlike; something that Sunggyu likes a lot. But now his deterotiating mind has really turns into a mind of a child. He pats Myungsoo’s head, showing him that he has done well.

Myungsoo scrambles the letters again, re-arranging it. Sunggyu watches him now, curious of what he is going arrange this time.

“Kim.” Myungsoo says out loud, and then arranges another letter after that, “Sung.”

Realization starts to dawn in Sunggyu.

“Gyu.” Myungsoo finishes, looking up to Sunggyu to see his reaction. “You’re Kim Sunggyu.”

Myungsoo grins again, much wider this time and looking satisfied and proud of himself. Sunggyu looks at the letters and feels a tinge of something, an overwhelming feeling that washes over him at once. Myungsoo has almost always forgotten everything about Sunggyu now, barely remembers anything about him, not even his name. He is already used that, always bracing himself to always re-introduce himself whenever he meets Myungsoo. But now, when he hasn’t even tell him who he is, Myungsoo already knows.

Sunggyu couldn’t stop the tears dropping from his eyes even if he tries to. Myungsoo stops grinning and wheels the wheelchair he is sitting on to Sunggyu, not taking turn to pats Sunggyu.

“Please don’t cry.”

Sunggyu keeps crying.