Wine. Mine.

Love The Wine You're With
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Let’s go wine tasting… on the couch.”

 

The Winter Winery
Friday
11 p.m.

 

“Don’t you ever, ever tell anyone we were involved in this scam.” Seunghyun warned her. He waved his unlit cigarette near her face to annoy her even more. Seunghyun knows how much Tiffany hates being pointed at. And how much more if he’s the one doing it.

 

“You asked for my help, Mister.” Tiffany needed to remind him as she tried to get his cigarette from him. “This is a scam? C’mon.”

 

 “No.” Seunghyun touched her cheek, “I was helping you, Ms. Hwang. I was helping your friend Naeun to get back with Soohyuk. In return, you were my slave for…”

 

“Hold it, jerk.” Tiffany had to stop him while she reached for his whiskey. Cigarette is gone, the alcohol this time. “You should know when to stop, Choi Seunghyun. Stop using foul words. That isn’t funny anymore.”

 

“Never thought you were this weak.” He got his drink back from her. Seunghyun tried to empty his glass immediately before Tiffany can steal it from him again.

 

“I never thought you were this bad.” But she was fast; she took Seunghyun’s alcohol back and finish what’s left of it.

 

War of words.
War of wine.

 

Top and Tiffany and their unending battle.
Nobody wants to lose.

 

“I was actually being nice to you.” Seunghyun told her, feeling defeated yet coming back annoying her. “I wasn’t even being myself. I was freaking a devoted, submissive and loyal man.”

 

“Wow… you?” Tiffany laughed, “All… that?”

 

“Mmmm.” Seunghyun nodded and smiled. “I was forced to. You were my girlfriend… and you were playing hard to get.”

 

“You can’t be thinking that.” Tiffany shook her head. “That… that… way…”

 

Seunghyun just smiled.
Again.  

 

“.” Tiffany cursed. Her nostrils were getting bigger. Her anger wasn’t just evident on her face but her entire body is agreeing as well, as it shakes and jerks. Her hands were ready to hit any body part of the one she is conversing with, right that very moment.

 

She wasn’t sure if Seunghyun noticed that she was shaking out of anger and that she would like to strangle him if she only had the chance and well, the strength. But Tiffany wanted to be discreet; this play-relationship is totally fine especially that Naeun just told her Soohyuk wanted to talk things over with her.

 

Until now.
What is this?
Is this what she thinks it is?

 

So Tiffany, with so much hesitation, asked, “Were you trying to get me to bed, Choi Seunghyun? Just so we’re clear-“

 

“Yes.” He answered without batting an eyelash.

 

Then Tiffany was speechless. But before he can speak and before she fired her guns at him, she pulled him into one of the rooms inside. Wrong choice of room because she actually dragged him to Room Number Three.

 

She never noticed.
He never stopped her.

 

Tiffany moved fast. As she pulled Seunghyun into the room, she forcefully pushed him back so she can lock the door. But what she has to face is a laughing handsome man.

 

Yup, Seunghyun is laughing.
The cold man is laughing, holding his tummy.

 

Choi Seunghyun is as cold as ice… an iceberg who resides in the North Pole who has no heart, no warmth in his being. Tiffany was wrong to think he had some goodness in him when he had let her sleep in his sister’s house. She passed out drunk the first time she went with Naeun in the Winter Winery and everything else is history.

 

Under unfortunate and unbelievable circumstances, she had become his pretend-girlfriend. Tiffany will become his girlfriend at least for his family, especially for his grandma who adores her more and more each day; while Seunghyun will make Soohyuk come back to Naeun.

 

Simple.
No complications.

 

Weirdest set-up, but Tiffany agreed to it. Now that she’s been going in and out of Winter Winery and treated as trash by the great Choi Seunghyun, she regretted ever agreeing to such arrangement. He’s  still cold to her in that exclusive bar; and he brings in women when his usual girlfriend, Moeka, is not around. Either Tiffany is totally invisible to Choi Seunghyun or he is totally obnoxious to her on purpose, whichever is worse of the two.

 

Tiffany wouldn’t give a damn if he treated the women the same. He might be cold, but he was still nice to 2NE1, to Naeun, to BIGBANG’s girls, to his other friends’ girls, to the new girl guests or whoever that wears skirts except Tiffany. When he is not extremely cold to her, he is ‘normally’ sarcastic specifically to her and contradicts whatever she says.

 

Just Tiffany.
Only to Tiffany.

 

Was it ever wrong, she had become friends with his friends? 
That she can talk to anyone in The Winter Winery now?
That when she’s not around, members of that club sends her messages looking for her?

 

AND- for goodness sake, she had tried her freaking best to attend all the luncheons and the dinners he has with his family. And Seunghyun lied about it. Okay, he didn’t lie about it; but he never told Tiffany about the frequency of meals he shares with his whole family which requires the attendance of his girlfriend. His pretend-girlfriend.

 

The only saving factor for Tiffany is Yeon Jun; who clings to her the way he clings to his mother. Yeon Jun likes Auntie Pippany a lot. A lot that the kid always tags with her everywhere she goes. He lets Tiffany feed her during the family meals and of course, he asks him to play with her, like all the time. As of press time, Tiffany knows how to fix Yeon Jun his milk, his favourite food and change his diapers. Aunt Tiffany had been into toy stores in Seoul and overseas, much to her friends’ surprise, and bought a lot of toys particularly toy cars for her ‘nephew’, Yeon Jun.

 

She calls him often too. There was this one time, Hye-Yoon and her husband left Yeon Jun with Tiffany while they go on a date.

 

And boyfriend Choi Seunghyun is another thing. He’s too nice to her when they’re with his family. Caring, sweet and romantic. Total opposite of what he really is, in the Winter Winery.

 

Tiffany is fine with Seunghyun being a total with her and that he uses her. That’s fine; since she needs him to help fix things with Naeun and Soohyuk. But this is not okay. Him telling her, he was trying to make her one of the women he sleeps with.

 

One of his one-night-stands.
They’re not officially together, so she’d turn out to be like one of those girls.

 

Tiffany Hwang is mad.
She is shouting, ‘hell no.’
How can Seunghyun be so heartless, manipulative and be so himself…?

 

Suddenly, Tiffany realized she wanted to be an exception among his girls. She doesn’t want to be one of his ‘one-night stands’. But why would she want that? They are not in a real relationship and there is no way she can demand anything for him. BUT, Tiffany still wanted to act unaffected and more importantly cool.

 

Dilemma then strikes for Tiffany.
Act cool or stay mad?

 

How does she answer when Seunghyun admitted he wants to sleep with her?
Is he even serious about it, or teasing her like he used to do all the time?

 

“Not today.” She turned her back and held the door knob, “And just for the record, I’m not playing hard to get.”

 

Tiffany went out and slammed the door behind her. She started to walk a little faster. Any second now her tears are going to fall. This was too much. Everything was too much.  Choi Seunghyun is too much of an to bear.

 

She knew he followed her; but as painful as it was, she knew he was still laughing.

 

“You were too slow.” She shouted and waved her hand. “I’m waiting for you all this time.”

 

Then Seunghyun stopped on his tracks.
His smile faded.

 

Boom.
Tiffany’s not going to lose his game.
This is hers.

 

 

“Keep calm and pour the wine.”

 

Club Cubic
The Boulevard, City of Dreams
Estrada do Itsmo, Macao
Saturday
12 midnight

 

“Are you sure?” Seunghyun seemed worried.

 

Yes, worried.
CL wanted to puke.
At him exactly... all over his white, crisp, button-down shirt.

 

No matter how handsome and hot Seunghyun that night, CL couldn’t stand it that his face spells worried looking for Tiffany Hwang. As far as she knows, Seunghyun hates that woman as much as she does. Oppa’s loyalty belongs to her and not to anyone else.

 

“Where did she go?” He asked; Seunghyun seemed disoriented that moment. He wanted to call her, but wanted to get some information from CL first. He was talking to CL the same time his eyes were wandering, looking for Tiffany.

 

“I was beside her the entire time, Oppa.” CL told him, “We watched your concert and rode the car to here.”

 

Things CL had to bear. She had to be nice to the spy, Tiffany, since she is already one of them.

 

“But where is she?”

 

“She said she wanted to get some fresh air.” Min Hyo Rin butted in. She was passing by and heard Seunghyun. It was obvious as whom he was looking for.

 

“T.O.P,” Someone called out, “On three.”

 

They’re about to go to the stage and greet the fans who attended their after-party. But Seunghyun is listless. She’s here. She watched their concert in Macao; and as CL told him, she was with her when they went to Club Cubic for the after-party. But she apparently went out to get some fresh air.

 

She.
Tiffany.

 

In Macao.

 

One hell of a reason why Choi Seunghyun is worried to death.

 

 

“Wine a little and you will feel better.”

 

All he did as fan service was to get up on stage with s, say a few words and after that, Choi Seunghyun was on his feet looking for someone. He didn’t even peek out of the balcony to say hi. Poor fans were disappointed for his brief appearance but forgave him quick nonetheless.

 

He was dialling her number at the same time looking for her with heavy-built security men in tow. Tiffany wasn’t picking up so Seunghyun called her too many times.

 

“They’re asking who we are looking for.” His Korean body guard asked, catching up with Seunghyun while catching his breath. Seunghyun was walking too fast towards The Venetian, leading the pack. The handsome head of security, seems like it. Nobody will doubt he was in a hurry and he’s being jumpy right that moment. Seunghyun’s face was a giveaway.

 

“My girlfriend.” He answered without looking back.

 

Then he stopped.
And so did his entourage.

 

“I mean… not really.” He retracted, confused. He bit his lip, “Sometimes…”

 

“How am I supposed to translate that?” His bodyguard laughed, “We’re looking for someone that is sometimes your girlfriend?”

 

Choi Seunghyun continued walking in strides and dialling his phone.

 

 

“Unlike milk, it’s okay to cry over spilled wine…”

 

Lion’s Bar
MGM, Macau
3 a.m.

 

“I’m having what she’s having.” Seunghyun told the bartender in straight English. And he had to say that while wiping his forehead covered with beads of perspiration. He had walked fast and long, looking for her and now he’s finally found her.

 

Finally.

 

Seunghyun told his guards to leave. He finally found a way to reach her – thru Kwon Jiyong who spoke with Kim Taeyeon and asked for Tiffany’s exact whereabouts that night. Jiyong lied about wanting to collaborate with her. Just like Seunghyun, he needed something from Taeyeon so he called her.

 

“Great concert.” Tiffany smiled at him, offered her glass to him but he ignored it.

 

“Why are you here?” He asked sternly. His sharp stare was enough to cut Tiffany into pieces.

 

Seunghyun was obviously mad.
Tiffany recognized it that very instant.

 

Dugeun. Dugeun.

 

“Why not?” She played it cool. She has to.

 

She knew Choi Seunghyun is mad at her. He specifically told her that they can’t be in one place together except during Winter Winery sessions and his family affairs. Anything aside from those shall be purely  coincidental and that they should ignore each other with all their might.

 

“Moeka.” He replied, gritting his teeth, “She’s coming tonight… what if she sees you?”

 

“Then she sees me.” Tiffany smiled at him before she took another sip of her vodka.

 

“ it, Miyoung.” Seunghyun slammed his glass, “I thought it’s clear… Damn it… why did you watch our concert? And even went to our after-party! What were you trying to do?”

 

Tiffany came closer to him and whispered, “Keep it low, baby. You’re attracting people.”

 

Did he just call her Miyoung?
Tiffany had a reason to smile…
And call him ‘baby’.

 

He grabbed her arm; his grip tight and hard, “What is your problem?”

 

Whoah.
He is beyond angry; Seunghyun was never the type who would get physical with women. She was trying to be nonchalant about it while Seunghyun is mad. And Tiffany is so loving it.

 

“So, I can’t watch a BIGBANG concert?” Tiffany removed his hand from her arm and shouted, “I can’t go to a club whenever you guys are there? Then you ignore me. If that makes you happy, ignore me. Like you always do.”

 

“Stop seeking attention, Miyoung.” Seunghyun emptied his glass, “I hate women like that the most. I hate you the most.”

 

OUCH.
Tiffany wanted to slap him, but she held her feelings and kept her hand still.

 

“That’s the best you can do?” She flashed a fake but convincing smile.

 

“ you.” Seunghyun is furious.

 

His eyes are becoming more and more angry. He is angered by the fact that he knew Tiffany is just doing this on purpose to piss him off. Why the hell would she want to attend a BIGBANG concert? And of all places, why must she travel to Macao and see their show? Seunghyun is enraged, he wanted to carry her and throw her among the wine bottles. And there is she is, seemingly unaffected, looking very beautiful in that black dress and red lipstick, fails to realize that he was already mad. Or if she did realize, she was doing a great job pretending she doesn’t give a damn.

 

Tiffany threw him a ‘you-don’t-mean-that’ glance and pouted at him. She continued drinking while Choi Seunghyun fumed silently next to her. But this time he stayed quiet. He had definitely lost his cool there. Tiffany didn’t respond when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter