Chapter 7

With or Without You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was already dark, You and Jungkook are already on your way back home, both carrying loads of groceries.  It was a blessing that the boy was with you today to help you carry the heavy bags up to the apartment.  You're a few more blocks away from your apartment when the curious magnae brought up the subject about his teacher.

"So Noona." he started coolly.  

"Hmmm?" You tilted your head towards the direction of the tall boy and waited for him to continue.  

"So what's the deal between you and Mr. Kim?" he asked with a straight face but you could see the curiosity in his eyes.  Your eyebrows furrowed as you looked at him confusedly and stared for a moment at his innocent face.

"And what do you mean  by  'What's the deal?'" you asked.   The boy the just shrugged his shoulders.

"I dunno, like how you two met and why both of you were surprised to see each other earlier."  he queried and stole a glance at you before looking back at the path you both are walking at.   You just flashed a sly smirk at him.

"What? I'm serious.  I just want to know. You're my 'Sister' and he's my homeroom teacher" he protested.

"And?"

"Because! ...." but he can't finish his sentence as he can't find the right words to describe what he is worrying about at the back of his mind.  You just pursed your lips before answering.

"Fine.  Myungsoo - I mean Mr. Kim & I, like what he said to you earlier,  were classmates. He is the brightest student in our batch at that time.  He always bag first place in school rankings...."and you just sighed

"And I only always came in second." and you just pouted reminiscing that memory. Jungkook just eyed you with a surprised expression.  Never in his life that he imagined you as someone studious because in his eyes, you are always someone who is always cool and somewhat a happy go lucky person. He didn't say anything but just listened to you intently.

"I tried so hard to beat him but he is so damn good.  He barely study.  He always spend his time hanging out with his friends or mess around with his 'girlfriends'. I even caught him sleeping in Biology class once bit still aced the exams. We know each other because we sometimes join the  same school competition and get a little antiquated but that's just it. I never got the chance to really get to know him better since I spend most of my time studying and doing projects in the library. And if I do get to have a free time, I'm with Jin."  Jungkook was quiet for a moment.  

"But you don't fancy him?" he suddenly asked.

"What? N-no!" you answered as you made a face.

"We're just aquianted and barely know anything personal about him."

"But I have a gut feeling he likes you.  The way he looked at you earlier..." then he trailed off and stopped walking and just looked at you.

"What?" you curiously asked. You stopped walking as well and faced the boy. 

"The way he looked at you was the same way I saw how Jin hyung looked at you before this whole mess started." he said sadly.  Your heart stopped a beat for a moment as you look at Jungkook waiting for you to respond.  So was Jin's feelings that obvious that even a teenage boy can already figure out his secret?  Even if it hurts, you tried to push away the idea.

"Psh, you might just be mistaken." you brushed aside his statement and ignored what he just said about Jin. You have learned to suppress your feelings towards him.  You just continued on walking and  Jungkook ran after you.  

"I'm not, Noona. Believe me. It's the same look." he insisted.  

"Maybe he just looks at people that way, Kookie.  It may not mean anything." you said casually.  Jungkook sighed but he still has no intention of giving up but you did not give him time to respond.

"Besides, I don't want to think about that sort of stuff right now after what just happened with Jin.  I just want to have peace and quiet for a change." You said as you reached your apartment and punched the code.   Jungkook didn't say anything anymore and dropped the subject.  He somehow agrees with what you said.  After what you have been through for the past few weeks, You still need time to heal.  But still, at the back of his mind, he really can't deny the fact that his teacher became a different person the moment he saw you.  He shook off the idea for the meantime and went inside the apartment. 

 


It's already the weekend, and you were awakened by the ray of light that suddenly hit your face the moment Jungkook violently opened the curtains.

"Rise and Shine noona!" He shouted. You groaned.  Slowly, you turned your face away from the light that almost blinded you and burried yourself underneath your blanket.  Jungkook just smiled and jumped towards your bed making him almost crash into you.  

"Come on Noona! The weather is nice today, Let's go to the mall. I need to buy some stuff for school."  the magnae shook you violently a couple of time before earning another groan from you but didn't get out of the covers.

"Go away, Kookie! I want more time to sleep.  The mall won't open for a few more hours.  If you're hungry, I bought a lot of cereals and bread yesterday, go stuff yourself."  you fumed groggily under the sheets.  But the boy was so entertained that he decided to pester you more by whining for you to get up. 

"I swear to God, Kookie, If you don't give me at least 20 more minutes of sleep, I will torture you even in your dreams." You hissed as you sat up on your bed and threw dagger looks towards his direction.  Then you heard a faint click and Jungkook started laughing.  

"What the -" but you managed to control your words before you were able to utter any profanity in front of Jungkook.  You exhaled heavily.  Jungkook immediately jumped out of your bed before you could even decide what to do with him.  

"I'll give you your 20 minutes, Noona.  After that, you have to cook me breakfast. If you don't, I will send this picture to Mr.  - " he wasn't able to finish his sentence as one your pillows flew towards his direction missing him with just and inch as he ran out of your room.   You just shook your head out of grievance as you flopped back into your pillows and attempted to get back some extra Z's but eventually failed.  You ended up tossing and turning on your bed since your senses were already fully awake.    

You gathered up the will to get out of bed despite fighting the desire to lie down for a few more minutes.  You already got up from bed but jumped right backed in as  the door swung open and Jimin's head suddenly popped out of the door way startling you.  

"Good Morning, Noona!" he greeted you charmingly as he stepped inside your room and slowly walked towards you.

"What the heck, Jiminnie." you get off bed and threw a playful punch on his shoulder making him whimper a little as he rubbed the place you hit.   

"That's for scaring the hell out of me at this hour." you stuck out your tongue towards him and he just laughed.   "What the hell are you doing here anyway so early in the morning"  You asked as you yawned. He said nothing and just smiled at you. 

"The spoiled magnae is already asking for your presence in the kitchen as he is already hungry and is waiting to be fed." Jimin comically narrated as he turn and walked away from his room with you on tow.   You were still grunting under your breath about how you wanted to spend the weekend doing things around the house a bit later when you got the surprise of your life.  The table was already set and Namjoon emerged from the kitchen carrying a tray with bowls of rice and egg roll and Jungkook followed carrying a pot of soup.  You sat on your usual spot on the table and waited for them to lay all the food down before settling in.   

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter