[Southpaw]: Part II

TaeNy in a Nutshell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I got a lot of comments asking for a continuation of the Southpaw Arc. Here you go!

Part Two of the Southpaw Arc, mostly fluffy.

"So how's dating The Monster working out for you?" Jessica says in between steps. The two were working out in another one of the Jung's private gym, except it was near midnight now. The best friends were in a fairly empty gym, using the rare blissful moments of peace to catch up with their lives. 

Tiffany grinned. "Well..she's certainly a monster in bed, if you catch my drift."

"Hahaha."

"Hahahaha."

"Hahahaha---that's ing disgusting. Don't talk to me." The nurse snorted and the two laughed away. They had been best friends since high school and nothing ever threatened their friendship. Taeyeon and Tiffany had recently started dating, having celebrated their fourth month anniversary yesterday. 

So far it was beyond perfect. Tiffany hadn't really expected much, but Taeyeon always surprised her, even if it was the smallest things.

The nurse had been covering a shift in the Emergency Bay and though it wasn't often she worked there, the 12-hour long shift definitely started taking a toll. She hadn't been able to text or call Taeyeon as much as they usually did due to the unpredictable income of patients. By the time her lunch break came, she had been too exhausted to properly get a meal and simply knocked out in the corner of a janitor's closet for privacy.

She awoke to her name being paged across the hospital's intercom. The nurse groaned, taking a few moments to reorganize herself. Everything hurt. She had a headache from forgetting to eat, a patient must have gotten her sick at one point because she felt like absolute .

"Nurse Hwang to the front, Nurse Hwang." Exiting the janitor's closet quickly, she paced herself to the front, rubbing her eyes and attempting to fix her disleveled hair.

Thankfully, it didn't seem that busy. There were only a couple or so people waiting in the bay. She took a deep breath and walked forward.

"I'm here." She yawns, staring at her coworker sitting behind the computer. "What is it? Oh shoot, I have to clock out for my lunch..ahh..did Doctor Bay say anything about--"

Her coworker laughs and holds a hand up. "Hold on girl, calm down. Take a second to breathe. Someone's here to see you."

"Huh?" She breezed through a number of names in her head, wondering who would bother going out of their way to see--

A bouquet of red roses fill her image. The sweet scent of strawberries and vanilla follow behind it. She jerks back in reflex, before relaxing. Her lips erupt into a large smile. She can hear her coworkers giggling behind the desk.

Tiffany reaches out and grabs the flowers, pushing them aside to reveal the dorky person hiding behind them. "Hey you." She says sweetly.

"Youuu~" Taeyeon laughs, brushing her bangs aside. The woman was still in her gym attire, but her hair was a little wet. "Hey babe."

"You came all the way out here to see me?" The fighter pulls the nurse in for a warm hug. Immediately, Tiffany feels revitalized.

"Of course. I figured you were really busy, so I took some time out to make sure you were okay." Her fingers twirl around Tiffany's long hair playfully. "I bought you lunch as well." Taeyeon gently lifts her girlfriend's chin up, her voice turns into a small whisper. "You look so tired." She says, planting a small kiss on Tiffany's nose. The two can hear the squeals of the nurses watching.

"Let's go somewhere else." mumbles the nurse, shooting a quick smug glare at her coworkers. "I think I have time to spare, it's calming down."

"That sounds great." Taeyeon replies with a cheeky smile.

X X X

The two sat outside in the private hospital garden, hiding behind a pomegranate tree. Taeyeon had ordered cheeseburgers and meals for them to munch on, which they both happily enjoyed.

"Thank god Nurse Seo isn't here." Tiffany grumbled, looking around the hallways. "Every time I eat a hamburger, she goes, "Unnie, you're gonna die if you eat that." and I'm like, " you gonna die 'cause I'm gonna kick your ."

They laughed out loud, a genuine and hearty tone leaving their lips. It was rare to have a genuine peaceful moment like this. Taeyeon's latest announcement had been headlining the news. She collaborated with her agency and ultimately decided to move up the weight class. Taeyeon would gain pounds to enter the Bantamweight Division. Of course, despite being the Title Holder of the Flyweight Belt, she'd still have to start and work her way up through a new class. The only difficult part would be defending her current title. 

"So..if someone were to challenge your title, you'd have to drop all that weight to be able to qualify and defend your belt?" The nurse threw a few grapes in the air, trying to aim them into . 

"Uh huh. So it'll put a lot of pressure on me physically trying to maintain my weight. That or I give up my belt to focus on Bantamweight."

"Mhmm, it's definitely not healthy to be constantly switching between weights. What will you do?"

"I'll probably have to keep going back and forth, it shouldn't be too bad, most fights have months in preparation inbetween, so it's not like I have to lose ten pounds in one day or so."

Tiffany nodded, the salt off her fingers. She wiped her palms with napkins and simply leaned back, resting her head on Taeyeon's shoulder. The two watched the sun in peace, commenting on the bumblebees, birds, and patients sleeping in the glass hallways.

"Oh!" The older woman snickered. "I had a gift for you, but I left it in the gym."

"Aw, you know you don't have to. But thanks babe."

"Of course. Guess what it is though."

"Uh..." She blinked, gently patting the dirt away from her scrubs. "...Gym clothes?"

"Nope."

"...Err..chocolates?"

"Nopee."

"..Give me a hint."

"No, keep guessing, you'll get it eventually."

"Uh..." Tiffany listed a few random things that popped in her head. A pink scarf, ukelele, even asking for a box of donuts.

"Are you still hungry?" laughs the fighter. "Half the things you mentioned were food, we just ate!"

"I'm just randomly guessing!"

"Ahh..well, you'll get it tonight. Dinner at my place? You can come over." They didn't live with each other..yet. But Tiffany spent most of her days at Taeyeon's apartment that it almost didn't make a difference. 

Her apartment was in a comfortable, private area in the quieter segments of downtown. The gym was a small walking distance away, and the place was closer to the hospital Tiffany worked at. Occasionally they'd spend the night together after her shift ended, then early morning the nurse would head home to prepare for the next shift. 

Tiffany hated being the busy one in the relationship. Sure, Taeyeon was constantly training, but she chose her own schedule. She could train all day, or wait until the next day. The fighter always had time for her girlfriend and the latter felt bad. 

There were, however, months where Taeyeon was too focused to do anything fun. They usually happened the month of her fight, where she spent long hours at the gym, day and night. Tiffany understood to leave her alone during those times.

They spent the next half an hour together before the nurse was called once again, and before the sun set, the two went back to their respective jobs.

X X X

"You are far too good to me." groans Tiffany. The two were back in Taeyeon's apartment. It was near midnight now, but the two were wide awake, absentmindly glancing at the movie playing on the screen across the room. Tiffany was lying face down on the black couch, her back exposed to her girlfriend who was gently massaging the sore spots.

Mindlessly scanning the living room, the nurse's eyes fall on an unorganized pile of boxing equipment in the corner. Most notably, her attention fell on an old, red, classic pair of boxing gloves. She brings her arms up, using her elbows as a cushion. "Babe, I don't think you ever told me how you got into fighting in the first place."

Taeyeon's palm stopped kneading for a moment. She chuckled, memories flooding her head. "Well, it all started when I punched this guy in the face. He was pissing me off, knocking me over cause I was shorter than him. Kept telling me to hit him. I guess he thought I was weak, cause the moment I rammed my fist into his face, there was a small fireworks of blood. I broke his stupid nose."

"Geez." snickered the nurse. "What was his problem?"

"Dunno. He was a stupid piece of bacon. Anyways, after punching him, my friend whose dad was a boxing coach told me I had a natural strength for it apparently. Been training since then."

The two continue to laugh, exchanging childhood stories and whatnot. After the movie ended, Taeyeon decided to hop in the shower before heading to bed. Tiffany lingered around, fixing the mess she had created in the kitchen earlier when a brilliant idea came in her mind. She knew the older woman liked to take long showers, and after confirming Taeyeon was still in the shower, she grabs two towels and shoves them in the dryer.

"Babe, uh, do you mind getting me some towels?" The fighter yelled from the bathroom. Tiffany skipped over to the laundry room, pulling out fresh, incredibly warm sheets. Who didn't like a hot towel after a nice long shower?

Taeyeon was leaning over, her hair covered most of her face, distracting her vision from seeing Tiffany walk in.

"Ha-yah!" The nurse wrapped her girlfriend in a hug, the towel between them.

"Woah! Wait-...oooooooaah.." She purred, taking in the wonderful warmth. The two stood there for a while, the steam surrounding them. Water dripped off her girlfriend's silver hair, plopping onto the cream tiles below. Some of her clothes were starting to soak.

Suddenly, Taeyeon whips herself around, roughly shoving Tiffany against the wall, the towel between them. The nurse was pressed against the wet tiles, her shirt dampening up. Her arms pin one hand up, the other on Tiffany's chin as she roughly dives in for a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter