하루에 (A Day) - A Sungmin one-shot.

하루에 (A Day)

“Jagiya…” I heard someone whisper softly in my ear.

“Hmmm…” I responded lazily. I knew it was still really early but I didn’t mind being woken up by this person who sounded like a very cute angel.

“Jagiya, il eona…” That someone carried on whispering softly and sweetly in my ear. When I finally opened my eyes, I saw that it was none other than Sungmin; the love of my life. I blinked a couple of times trying to adjust my eyes at the beautiful creature in front of me.

“Did you sleep well?” He asked me while carefully tucking some of my hair behind my ears. Why is Sungmin, my bias in Super Junior, my favourite band, here in front of me?

“Uh-huh…” I gulped nervously. For some reason I felt so nervous and nauseous. I’m pretty sure I was dreaming.

“What’s wrong jagiya? You look pale.” Sungmin asked worriedly. He my cheek gently giving me goose bumps. I continued to stare at him still finding it hard to believe that he was right here in front of me.

I sat upright slowly and then rubbed my eyes.

“I’m hungry~” I said. Sungmin let out a soft chuckle and then pulled me out of bed carefully.

“Why don’t you freshen up? Sung-Yu and I will be waiting for you in the kitchen. He‘s already eating his breakfast.” Sungmin said and then gave me a quick peck on the cheek before leaving the room swiftly. I stared after him and when I was sure that he was totally gone, I slapped my face and pinched my arm to wake myself up from this dream. But I wasn’t dreaming. I looked around the bedroom and I saw a lot of framed pictures on the wall. Above the bed was a huge framed picture of Sungmin and me. It wasn’t just an ordinary picture, it was a picture taken during our wedding! I’m married to Sungmin?!

“What the is going on?” I gaped. I looked at my left hand and I saw that there was a ring on my ring finger. I’m definitely married to Sungmin then. I stared at the picture and gawked at Sungmin who looked incredibly gorgeous in a tux. I on the other hand still looked plain as ever despite wearing a very beautiful and elegant wedding dress. When I managed to look away from the wedding picture, I walked over to the window sill where there were more framed pictures. There was one of me with all the members of Super Junior. I don’t know where and when the picture was taken but I sure did look happy. Then another picture caught my eye. It was taken in a studio; it was a picture of me, Sungmin and a little boy; a little boy who was the spitting image of Sungmin.

“Sung-Yu and I will be waiting for you in the kitchen.” I remembered Sungmin say. Could Sung-Yu be…?

 

After I washed my face, brushed my teeth and tied my hair up, I went downstairs. I don’t recognize the house I was in but somehow I knew where everything was.

“Sung-Yu ah, do you want a muffin to take to school?” I heard Sungmin say from the kitchen.

“Ne appa!” A cute voice replied. Appa. He said appa.

I took a deep breath before walking into the kitchen. Sungmin was putting a chocolate muffin in a blue lunch box while an adorable little boy was sitting on the dining table finishing his bowl of cereal.

“Appa~ where is umma?” The little boy asked.

Sungmin looked at me and smiled. “She’s right there.” he pointed at me. The little boy turned his head to me.

“UMMA! Good morning!” He ran up to me and hugged me tight. I felt awkward at first as I didn’t know who this child was and he was calling me umma. I then realized that his name was Sungmin and mine’s name combined. Cute.

“Yumi-ah, is something wrong?” Sungmin asked worriedly.

“I’m f-fine. H-hello Sung-Yu ssi.” I smiled at the boy.

“Umma why are you acting strange?” he cocked his head to the side. My smile became wider as I realized how much this child looked like Sungmin. But as I stared at him even more, I could see bits of myself in him as well.

He was my son. He definitely was. I crouched down so that we were eye level and then I pulled him into a cuddle.

“Don’t worry, umma is just still sleepy.” I told him.

I looked up at Sungmin and he no longer looked worried.

“Okay umma,” He responded and turned to Sungmin, “when is Uncle Leeteuk coming to drop off my costume?”

“He’ll be here soon. But you have to go to school now Sung-Yu. I promise your costume will be here when you get back from school.” Sungmin ruffled Sung-Yu’s hair.

“Costume for what?” I asked.

“Umma its Halloween today! I’m going trick or treating tonight for the first time!” Sung-Yu jumped up and down.

“Oh chincha?!” I grinned.

Just then the doorbell rang.

“That’s Ryeosung!” Sung-Yu squeaked. Sungmin handed him his lunch box and they both went out to the hallway. I followed them closely and watched as Sung-Yu opened the front door while Sungmin took his son’s coat from the hooks. “Annyeong haseyo!” A cute little boy, about Sung-Yu’s height was standing by the door.

“Hello Ryeosung-ssi.” Sungmin greeted him warmly.

“Ryeosung-ah! What’s your Halloween costume?” Sung-Yu asked. Sungmin helped Sung-Yu put his coat on.

“I still don’t know. Ryeowook appa wants me to dress up as Gollum but Yesung appa wants me to dress up as Chucky. It’s what apparently they both dressed up as when they did SS4.” Ryeosung replied with a sigh. My eyes widened hearing the little boy say Ryeowook appa and Yesung appa.

His name was Ryeowook and Yesung’s name combined!

He must be YeWook’s adopted son!

“I think you should be Chucky!” Sung-Yu grinned.

“Alright run along now kids, you don’t want to be late for school!” Sungmin smiled at them. Sung-Yu gave me a slobbery kiss on the cheek before I waved him and Ryeosung off. I can’t believe he’s my son. He’s perfect.

“Come on jagiya, eat some breakfast.” Sungmin grabbed my hand and took me to the kitchen.

“Ming…” I called as Sungmin rushed around the kitchen.

“Ne?” He replied. He took a carton of orange juice from the fridge. Then he ushered me to sit down.

“How long has Ryeowook and Yesung oppa had Ryeosung?”

“Since Ryeosung was born. How could you forget that jagiya? We’re his godparents.” Sungmin smiled widely.

“Oh chincha?!” I gasped.

“You’re acting really odd today,” He pouted.

“Oh don’t mind me,” I shook my head at him.

“Araso.” Sungmin smiled. He placed a plateful of food in front of me and then sat down beside me. I started eating but I had to eat properly because Sungmin was watching me. I felt uncomfortable but I was just so hungry that I didn’t care in the end.

“So are you sure you don’t want to dress up tonight for the party?” Sungmin enquired just as I finished my food.

Obviously I didn’t know what he was talking about.

“Umm, I’d rather not. I hate dressing up.” I said.

“You’ve always hated dressing up. Aish.” A familiar voice said. I turned around and saw Leeteuk. I bit my lip from screaming. I was a huge fan of Super Junior’s leader.

“Annyeong hyung!” Sungmin greeted him.

“Min what’s up with your wife?” Leeteuk giggled.

“Woke up on the wrong side of the bed I think,” Sungmin giggled too while I just kept quiet and somewhat embarrassed. Leeteuk then took out a very cute and small pumpkin suit that was inside the plastic bag he had.

“OMO!” I gasped. The suit was so cute and it was the smaller version of the pumpkin suit that Sungmin wore from SS3.

“Sung-Yu will love that hyung, gomawo.” Sungmin commented.

“Are you dressing up ahjussi?” I asked Leeteuk.

“Ya, its oppa. O-P-P-A!” He pouted cutely at me.

“Mianhamnida…” I laughed lightly.

“Okay. And yes of course I’m dressing up! I’ve already showed you my costume last week haven’t I? The duck suit?” He inquired. And of course I don’t know what he is talking about so I just nodded along pretending to know.

“Henry said he’ll be here soon,” Leeteuk said.
“Aish~ he’s always here.” Sungmin rolled his eyes.

Just then the doorbell rang. Sungmin and Leeteuk heaved a sigh so I said I was going to answer the door.

“Henry has his own key right?” I heard Leeteuk.

“Ne. God knows why he’s still ringing the doorbell.” Sungmin replied. I smiled a little and when I opened the front door, it was indeed little Henry Lau.

“Hey!” He greeted me with a cute smile.

“Hey Henry~” I greeted him back. He looked at me from head to toe and then he raised his eyebrow at me.

“Who are you and what have you done to Yumi?” He growled.

“W-what?!” I panicked.

“Yumi who has been my best friend for more than 5 years never calls me Henry. So who are you, you impostor!” He shrieked and flailed his arms about in the air. I was nervous and yet happy at the same time because I have always said that if I could have a best friend in Super Junior, it would have to be Henry.

“Mianhe Henwy~” I gulped.

“Ah~ that’s much better. So what are we having for lunch?” He grinned and then entered the house like it was his own. I was left standing by the door with my mouth hanging open. What happened was just surreal.

“Hyungs! Orenmanida!” Henry greeted Sungmin and Leeteuk.

“Henry I saw you a couple of hours ago.” Leeteuk laughed.

“And Henry you were here last night. As always.” Sungmin grimaced. He still looked incredibly cute though.

“Don’t worry Sungmin hyung, your wife is not sleeping with me.” Henry giggled like a child.

“Excuse me?” My eyes widened.

“Yumi-ah, I’ve been here for 2 minutes and yet you haven’t molested my cheeks yet. They’re extra chubby today look!!!” Henry shrieked and wobbled his cheeks about. I couldn’t resist so I went over and pinched his mochi cheeks until they were bright red.

 

The rest of the day past and I hanged out with my supposedly husband Sungmin, my supposedly best friend Henry and Super Junior’s leader Leeteuk. I had fun even though I couldn’t really jump in on their conversations. When Sung-Yu arrived home from school, Leeteuk and Henry left and said that they will be back for the party tonight along with the other Super Junior members. Sungmin sorted out some snacks for Sung-Yu while I helped him get into his pumpkin costume. When he saw it hanging by the kitchen door, he immediately wanted to put it on.

“What are you wearing for the party tonight oppa?” I asked Sungmin. He looked at me and smiled slowly.

“It’s been a while since you called me oppa. You’ve always called me Ming or jagiya. Well we call each other jagiya since we got married.” He explained.

“Mian… jagiya,” I grinned widely.

“I mean hey I don’t mind you calling me oppa!” He said.

“Aish~ pick one already.” I joked.

“I’m wearing the pumpkin suit I wore during our SS3.” He said. I gasped. I loved that pumpkin suit on him.

“Oh~” I breathed.

Luckily, once Sungmin and I finished decorating the whole house, evening came quickly and I was anticipating to see Sungmin in that pumpkin suit once more. Sung-Yu ran around the house in his own pumpkin suit and carrying a basket in a shape of a bright orange pumpkin.

“Hey my little pumpkin! Give your umma a kiss!” I called.

“Umma saranghaeyo…” Sung-Yu crooned into my arms. He gave me a kiss on the cheek and I just felt so happy.

“I love you too~” I whispered in his ear.

The doorbell rang and Sung-Yu immediately ran towards the door. Someone then covered my eyes with their hands.

“How about me jagiya? Do you love me?” His voice said.

“Too much.” I replied simply. He removed his hands from my face and then turned me around. I saw Sungmin in his pumpkin suit and not only that, he started doing aegyo.

“Ohmygodstopthatorimactuallygoingtoburstintotears!” I blabbered. I could and never had handle his cuteness and he was obviously aware of that.

“Ya lovebirds. Where’s the grub?” Yesung appeared.

“Hey hyung, it’s in the kitchen.” Sungmin replied.

“Hey Yumi-ssi!” Ryeowook appeared and pulled me into a hug. I crashed onto his body and I couldn’t help but think that he’s super soft.

“Oh Wookie oppa so soft~” I mumbled.

“Ya why do you seem like such in a daze? You haven’t insulted me yet and I’ve already been here 60 seconds. Henry was right. You are acting weird.” Yesung spoke.

“No she’s not. She just called me soft.” Ryeowook said.

“Everyone calls you soft Wook~” Sungmin giggled.

“Hey where’s Sung-Yu?” I asked looking around.

“He’s outside with Ryeosung.” Yesung responded.

“ALRIGHT PEOPLE, MOCHI IS HERE! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!” Henry shouted. I looked towards the front door and Henry was there dressed as a mochi. Behind him was Leeteuk and true to his word, he was dressed in a duck suit.

“You look stupid.” Yesung pointed at Henry.

“Hyung its Halloween. Anyone who is not dressed up are the ones who looks stupid. That would be you, Yumi and Ryeowook hyung.” Henry said smugly.

“Where are the others?” Sungmin asked Leeteuk.

“They’re in Siwon’s car. They’re still looking for parking.” The leader replied. The boys went to the kitchen while I went outside to look for the kids. Sung-Yu was happily running after Ryeosung who was dressed as Chucky. He looked great! I sat down on the porch and watched the two kids play when the rest of the Super Junior members walked towards me one by one.

“Happy Halloween Yumi! Wow~ your costume is scary!” Shindong playfully pushed me. He was dressed up as Britney Spears - not really Halloween - but he did look promising. He was followed by Siwon who was dressed as Superman then Eunhyuk who was dressed as a banana, Donghae who was dressed as a goldfish, Heechul who was dressed as Lady Gaga and lastly Kyuhyun who was dressed up in a green pepper suit. He was the only who didn’t greet me. Heck he didn’t even look at me.

“Hey Kyu oppa~” I greeted him. He looked at me in surprise. It’s as if I told him something in a language that he didn’t understand.

“Gwaenchanayo?” I mused.

“Fine.” His brows furrowed.

“Good to see you.” I carried on.
“Yeah.” he looked away and then walked off.

“Umma~ why were you talking to Uncle Kyu?” Sung-Yu approached me.
“Why wouldn’t I be talking to him?” I asked.

“You two never talk. You’ve tried being friends with him but you just gave up cos he’s so stubborn you said.”

“Chinchanayo?” I gaped.

“Ne! And you said he doesn’t like you cos you married appa. And uncle Kyu likes appa.” Sung-Yu giggled.

“That’s right. KyuMin didn’t happen because of your umma.” Sungmin spoke from behind me. I stood up and smiled awkwardly at him.

“Sung-Yu ah, Ryeosung-ssi! Are you ready to go trick or treating?” Yesung yelled from inside the house.

“Ne!!!” The two kids chorused excitedly.

Ryeowook and Yesung took the kids trick or treating while the rest of us stayed in the house drinking and eating. Everyone was having a good time and so was I. Sungmin never left my side; it was as if he was afraid that I would just suddenly disappear. Funnily enough, I had a feeling in my stomach. I had a feeling that something bad is about to happen. I shook my head and focused on having fun. Hours passed and the party carried on. After the kids have been fed, we sent them to bed. Sung-Yu was happy to let Ryeosung sleep next to him as apparently the boy had always does it.

“Are you going to tell me what’s up or do I have to tickle it out of you?” Henry demanded. I was in the kitchen washing up the dirty dishes.

“Huh? There’s nothing to tell Henwy~” I replied.

“You’re not yourself. Clearly something is bothering you or you are very confused about something.” He carried on.

“Araso.” I sighed. Since he was my best friend, I think its best to tell him what is worrying me.

“I think I’m dreaming.” I blurted out.
“What?”

“This. All of this. It seems too good to be true. Actually scratch that, this is all too good to be true. I woke up this morning married to Sungmin, a mother to a perfect child and friends with all of you. This is not reality. It is the reality I want but I just find it hard to believe.” I explained.

“You’ve gone loopy Yumi,” Henry sniggered.
“HUH?”

“Maybe your time of the month is nearing.” He added.

“Ew!” My face automatically scrunched up.

“Alright. Just accept the fact that this is your life. Happy Halloween best friend. I love you~” Henry kissed me on the cheek before leaving me with my thoughts.

 

When the party finished, Sungmin and I helped each other in cleaning the house. Ryeowook and Yesung said that they will pick Ryeosung up first thing in the morning.

“Jagiya~” Sungmin called.

“Ne?”

“I just realized something…”

“What is it oppa?” I smiled.

“I haven’t kissed you at all today.” He looked down and blushed. That was just too adorable I thought.

“Well we’ve both been busy,” I blushed too.
“We’re not busy now…” He barely whispered. I smiled widely and we both started walking towards each other.

He grabbed my hand and held it, squeezing it once in a while. We looked into each other’s eyes and my heart did flips. He my cheek and that was when I closed my eyes. His lips touched mine ever so gently and sweetly.

I didn’t hesitate to kiss him back.

I placed my hands on his shoulder as his hands crawled down to my waist. Our kiss lasted for a while and neither of us wanted it to end.

“I love you Lee Yumi.” He murmured.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“YUMI! IL EONA! You’re going to be late for school!”

“Mwo?!” I jumped out of bed.

“You stayed up last night again didn’t you? I’m telling you, obsessing over that band will do nothing for your future.” My umma placed her hands on her hips as she stood by my bedroom door.

“Mwo?!” I was so utterly confused.

“Get dressed for school!” Umma yelled and left.

I looked around my bedroom; there was no framed wedding picture hanging above my bed; there was no framed pictures by my window sills - only posters of my favourite band, Super Junior. I looked on my hand and there was no wedding ring.

I wasn’t married.

I wasn’t married to Sungmin - the love of my life.

Sung-Yu wasn’t real. I didn’t have a son.

I wasn’t friends with Super Junior.

I wasn’t best friends with Henry.

Of course I wasn’t.

Everything was just a dream.

I knew it was all too good to be true.

 

THE END.