04

ambience

2013, April

 

Joowon never liked waking up early, no one does. Just the thought of it ruins her mood.

Surprisingly today, she woke up to the sound of her alarm, and the construction across the road. She straightened herself on her bed as she groaned. 2 hours of extra dancing practice yesterday night made her legs sore. Her tired eyes wandered around the room.

Silence. Weird, they're usually noisy as fudge. As fudge as in she wakes up because of Nayeon and Jihyeon's 'morning vocals'.

She thought for awhile, oh wait right. These were the really rare times when they go for training early. They used to go to school with Joowon, but now that they graduated, the trainee managers were planning to change Joowon's dorm mates to younger trainees that go to the same school as she does. Talk about practice, she doesn't think they even came back from practice yesterday.

She shrugged, more alone time for me.

Joowon sprung out from her bed as she freshened up and got ready for school. She wore her white button up shirt paired with a navy blue jacket and skirt. She always wondered why schools even bothered asking them to wear uniforms. Why can't she just wear her hoodie and sweatpants.

I mean, it's comfortable for me and easier for the discipline teachers. Who would even like to chase students down the hall just because they didn't wear their tie?

Pulling up her tie, she brushed her hair, threw her kanken backpack over her shoulders and wore her Adidas sneakers.

 

She took a look at the calendar on the wall beside the door, Ah yes, the not so strongly awaited results day has finally arrived to make my life miserable and the much awaited sports carnival is gonna make my life a tad bit better.

She locked the door to her dorm as she heard a group of guys coming down from the upper floor. They were loud as . Joowon never liked loud places, not that she hated it.

The group of JYP trainees were busy insulting some Cube trainees that lives in the SAME dorm complex as them.

Apparently, the trainee management admin had a 'super cool fool proof smart ' plan to put the trainees from the same school in the same complex so they'd stay nearer to their schools.

And apparently again, they never thought other companies' trainee managers thought of that too. 

They were in good terms with some trainees from Cube like Sungjae, Ilhoon and Namjoo. But some are stuck up rats, she doesn't even want to talk about them, nor even thinking about talking to them.

 

The JYP trainees in this complex are usually loud. So living a floor with or below them is a pain in the . At least for Joowon it is.

It's not like she minds, but during holidays when they get a day off, the upper floor sounds like they're illegally opening a club and it was their first day of business so they gave away free vodka and everyone in town is there.

Joowon was there once, and she was there just because Taehyung said if she beats him in Fifa14, he'd supply her one month of whatever she wants to eat. And she won. Except for that good thing, their dorms looks like if a robber ever broke in, he'll get lost.

Joowon rolled her eyes when she saw Jae raising his eyebrow at her and smirked.

 

"Hey Joowon, wanna walk together?" A boy with a mesmerizing eye smile approached her.She knew him as Yoondong. He's one of the least annoying ones in the group. Other than him, Hyuk is also a member of the 'rare non-annoying club'. 

She looked up the stairs. Where the is that brat?

"Oh Dowoon said he's gonna go to school a bit later," Jimin said, "You know his alarm clock, it doesn't work when there's school." He snickered. "Come on, you don't wanna be late to school."

Joowon gave him a smile. She knows her friend too well to even wait for him to go to school together. Since they offered, then why not.

"Sure."

They walked to the elevator and joined the group when Joowon told them she'll meet them downstairs. They nodded and continued talking when she saw Namjoo and Siyeon joining them.

 

She went for the stairs and started walking down. She could still clearly hear the boys' loud talking, only she doesn't know if they're taking or just screaming.

She heard footsteps as she stopped and turned around.

"Shortie going for the stairs again huh." Jae said in English as he walked down beside her with his hands in his pockets.

She glared at him, "Annoying brat," she spat.

He chuckled a did a hair flip or some sort.

The discipline teachers aren't doing a good job with the hair checking work when they said boy students had to bear with the consequences if they had overly long hair or fringe'.

And exactly, what kind of consequences?

"I told you before, you must be proud at yourself senpai is even talking to you."

"Yeah right totally Your Majesty."

"Why didn't you go with them for the elevator?"

"Because if you're in it then I'm out."

____

 

She was early to school today, for the first time in Joowon's timing history.

Jung Joowon, reached school 20 minutes earlier than usual on 2nd April 2013, Tuesday.

That's definitely going in the JooWoon Books of World Records.

She dragged herself to her locker to get her books earlier so she won't have to get to class walking through the morning market halls today.

Dowoon ran towards her and casually swung his arm on Joowon's shoulder.

"Why didn't you wait for me?"

"I don't want to be late for school, the amount of times I've been late because of you can be applied to be in the Guinness Books of World Records. 

He laughed, "Well,I'll never miss the day you get your results because I'll be the first one to laugh at you." 

 

The bell rang signaling the start of homeroom class. Joowon and Dowoon were both soundly sleeping on their tables at the back as their classmates started to pile into the classroom.

Taewon and Taeyeon looked at them, "As usual, going hard on themselves the day before results day." They chuckled.

The Kim triplets are trainees, Taewon, Taehyung and Taeyeon. All respectively in YG and Bighit. Joowon knew Taewon 2 years ago when her brother introduced him to her as his 'favorite trainee slash composer'

Mr Park entered the class and slammed a stack of papers on the table. Joowon looked up, she never liked Mr Park.

She always outsmarts him when she first came, but now not really as you can see from her results later. Mr Park took advantage of that and now he calls her to answer questions, gives her double the homework when he knew Joowon won't even have time to finish all that. But Joowon did everything, she won't back off from Mr Park just because he's a teacher and giving her double the homework. 

She never complained, nor did she burst at him. But she will when she needs to.

"Okay class, I'm going to give you all your result slips now, please shut up and reflect on how bad you did for this exam."

Joowon scoffed.

Just when matters are bad enough, Mr Park had to make it worst for her.

"Those students who has a GPA of less then 3.0 is going to have a senior study advisor, but since you all are seniors yourselves, your advisers are gonna be your age, but smarter obviously."

He continued passing the slips as Joowon could hear some of them curse and groan.

 

She was waiting for Mr Park to give her her slip when he passed her holding onto the last slip.

What is this man up to.

"Okay class, now that you've see your results, don't be sad. Because there's someone who got an average of 1.5 lower than yours."

Mr Park smirked when the class gasped.

 

"1.5? That's a lot."

"Did he not study?'

"I bet the person didn't even bother about their score."

 

She could hear people 'whispering'. Even my grandmother can hear y'all, and you call that whispering? Give me a break.

"Jung Joowon, you got a GPA of 1.9? How is that even possible?"

"As you can see, nothing is impossible I suppose Mr Park."

He glared at her,"Not only did you get the lowest GPA in class, but also one of the lowest GPA in the entire grade! Give her a round of applause everyone, she deserves it." He said as he dramatically clapped.

The class turned silent. No one was talking, nor were they murmuring,not clapping.

I sense sarcasm. Dowoon turned his head at Joowon, she had her signature glare on her face. This isn't going to end well.

"Well Mr Park, I suppose except your salary increased, your sense of sarcasm has fully improved."

Mr Park chuckled and glared at her, "My sarcasm will never be as good as yours, Miss Jung. But I'm sure that with that attitude of yours. Debuting will be hard."

The is this old man talking about? Since when did studying has something thing to do without debuting? You wanna play that game? Come at me.

She scoffed at him. "At least I have a dream Mr Park, when did you become such a stuck up brat? After you got into the principal's ?"

It was true, walking into the boys' locker room hearing those sounds wasn't a good thing but walking into them doing it was worst, they didn't see her of course. She closed the door before she could even see more.

Mr Park's face was red with anger right after those words.

Dowoon chuckled, he never knew how she knew about these things. But things just happens when she's there.

"I'm sure the only stuck up brat here is you, and maybe some of your friends. Dream on kid, impossibility is higher than your chemistry test scores."

"I'm sure why the principal hired you was because of pleasure. Want to have a second time? Dream on, because by the sounds I heard she wasn't even pleasured."

The class erupted with laughter.

Joowon had enough, if he was to play that trick then beat it, pulling in her friends was bad enough.

"Miss Jung, I warn you better get your eyes on the sea because I'm going to flip your boat when you least expect it. Why? because people like you don't deserve to be educated, at alone debut."

The class was quiet.

"I expect your parents to be embarrassed to have an uneducated daughter like you. You should be shameful, Miss Jung."

Is this teacher out of his mind? Or does he even have one? 

Dowoon looked at Joowon, she was about to combust. But she's not going to combust in the class. He knew how much she practiced and worked to be here, she left her home for this, her parents.Her efforts, her passion, you can see it through her eyes when she sings, dance, compose, produce, even when she's tired, the sparks in her eyes never dies out.

But now that Mr Park hit right at that spot, he doesn't know. Sure he feels offended as a trainee, but she doesn't know how she feels. Not how Joowon, a JYP trainee feels, but how Jung Joowon feels.

 

She sat back on her seat. She looked at Mr Park with his devilish smirk, how much she wanted to punch that off his face. she would pay to do that.

"Oh and Joowon? Detention after school."

She was going to protest when he spoke up again.

"If you're gonna protest, it's because you disrespected me and disrupted the class."

____

 

Joowon swore to herself, if she doesn't graduate earlier, he's going to be the death of her. And if she's going to die, the first person on her haunt list will be Mr Park and only Mr Park.

She despises detention. In which level of despise it's at? More than how much she despises her father. That's a clear explanation.

The recess bell rang, Joowon didn't even waste a second and walked off.

Oddly enough, she walked to the cafeteria. Dowoon was clearly a bit surprised to see her at their table, but then he sat beside her comfortably. 

Joowon started poking her food while she slumped into her seat. Not more than a minute later when the gang shows up. They were oddly quiet.

Dowoon doesn't know if something has gotten into their throats or do they find Joowon joining them from lunch weird too. She rarely joins fro lunch, only when Dowoon drags her with him.

Siyeon and Chaejin was busy studying Joowon. And reports have shown that her expression and the way she's poking her food like the stole her precious earphones hints that she's angry.

Junior was busy stuffing food in his mouth while Jae started eating. Well whatever it is, 5 minutes later, the boys started screaming names at each other as usual. Suwoong was bugging Namjoo and Minwoo about their grades. The others were just busy chugging in food.

She stopped poking her food all of a sudden and stood up abruptly startling everyone at the table. "I'm done." she announced as she picked up her tray and threw the trash into the bin, and left the cafeteria with her earphones on.

Sungjae was about to call for her when Dowoon placed his hand on his shoulder telling him otherwise. 

"Where's she going?" Yoondong asked.

"Rooftop." Jae and Taehyung answered him. Dowoon looked at him, not much people know where she goes during recess, or what she does there, some just don't care. But if they do, then they're paying attention to her at least.

"She got detention."

"For what? Sassing Mr Park?" Jimin said bluntly while the others laughed

They laughed it off quickly and started talking about other things.

Not one even bothered to ask why, except for Taehyung who asked Dowoon.

He was quite worried, Joowon looked like she was going to kill Mr Park until he won't see daylight the next day.

No one ever pays attention to what she thinks,but Dowoon does.

She is what concerns him the most. She knows him the best, and he knows her the best. The look on her face just know clearly said that she wasn't okay.

She may look like she would love if she could live alone for the rest of her life, but in her heart,

 

She's not as strong as everyone think she is.

 

She doesn't like to be alone as much as everyone think she does.

 

She's not as cold and heartless as you see her as.

 

And,  she pays attention to everyone around her a lot more than everyone think she does.

 

But you see, the real concern is not who Joowon pays attention to, but who will pay attention to Joowon?

 

__________

 

well this was a long update, i hope you all enjoy!!

the more the story goes on, the more you see jw's personality, 

and if you noticed, I added some characters and they're the 95liners!!

pls note that I love the 95liners a lot haha

i'll focus more during their trainee period before going off after that.

i have a vision that this will be quite a long story but lets see haha.

thank you so much for subscribing to this story omg it means everything!!

thank you from the comments and i hope you all would comment on what

you think about the story! love u all

-hoelographic