02

ambience

2013 (18)

"Honestly, I don't know why I decided to pick up your call so," She didn't let him finish before she hung up the call

Flinging herself on the floor, literally just face flat on the wooden floor. She closed her eyes as she plugged in her earphones and started blasting songs through her ears, still lying on the floor

The dorm was quiet. With only her and her dorm mates Jihyeon and Nayeon.

Perfect for her liking.

The trainees got a day of after their evaluation test yesterday, and they couldn't be happier.

Joowon was planning to spend her time sleeping and just sleeping.

She spent 5 more hours in the practice room practicing the dance routine over and over again after the evaluation test because her teacher said her moves wasn't sharp enough this time round.

She was exhausted, right after she reached her dorm she slept on the couch in seconds, not even bothering to clean herself or change clothes.

You might think she slept till the afternoon, but no, things don't go the way people wants it to go, Joowon knew better than that.

Right after she fell alseep,not even half an hour later, when she picked up a call at 6 in the ing morning.

Why you ask? She doesn't know either, she regretted that.

Because that phone call got her screaming through her phone for at least 3 hours. She didn't get on tad bit of sleep.

___

Nayeon woke up at 8 to see her screaming through the phone sitting at the corner of the balcony.

She sighed, Nayeon sighed. There it goes again. Who else could it be? Only Joowon's father would be so stupid to call her at 5 in the morning. Sometimes she really wanted to call her father and tell him that there's something called time difference.

Because this stuck up obviously doesn't know the existence of that.

"Papa Jung again?" Nayeon asked as she walked to the kitchen to get herself some water.

No answer.

She walked towards Joowon's body and crouched down. She chuckled, hours of practicing and screaming must've worn her out, she picked up a blanket and placed it on top of Joowon as she walked back to her room.

She was 150% sure why her father wants his precious daughther to go back to Toronto. Her father want their kids to be perfect.

Talented, no mistakes, smart, that kind of perfect is what he wants Joowon and her brother to be, heir and heiress of the 5 Flags Company.

But, as you can see here, they don't want to be the heir or heiress of whatever company their father owns. So they came to Korea with thir mother's help and auditioned, but they got into different companies anyways.

___

 

A few moments later, Joowon's phone rang again.

She groaned, what now.

She answered the call with her eyes closed. 

"What now?"

"How dare you speak to your majesty like this you little kid, I demand you to come meet me now."

____

 

She changed to a black hoodie, short pants and brushed her hair into a ponytail before leaving the dorm.

Plugging in her earphones, she locked herself away from the outside world. This was what Dowoon teached her.

When she moved here, she didn't know how to speak Korean, which resulted in her schoolmates laughing at her. She didn't care, but still sometimes their insults goes overboard.

Thats when she met Dowoon, he was her seatmate in class and they sat at the back of the class.Once, the kids in her class were joking about her skin color, living in Toronto, she had quite tan skin since it was sunny and she was in the track and field team.

That's when Dowoon told her something, something she thanked him even until now.

"Put your earphones on, they won't talk about you nor will people talk to you when you have them on. It shows that you either don't want to talk or you basically don't care. I know you don't give a flying about what they say about you, but that's how earphones work, let them do their jobs. Lock them away from your world."

That's how Joowon got her 'plug in earphones even if she's not listening to music' habit.

It's both a good and bad thing.

 

She walked down the stairs because people in the elevator are annoying sometimes, ok all the time. Walking wasn't a bad thing, it's exercise. She looked at her black G-shock watch, 11am. This is gonna be a long day.

Joowon was listening to music while walking when a familiar figure wearing a hoodie and carrying a big guitar bag behind him decided to bump into her. She hissed.

"Watch where you're going shortie." He said in English.

These were the times when she mentally asked her company, why both guy and girl trainees live in the same dorm complex.

Those who are okay, are just okay, they don't simply bump into you like those annoying ones.

"Shut up Jae, you're the one who needs an eye check up." Joowon spat in English. This is really going to be a long day.

Jae smirked, "For your information,I did went for an eye check up last week."

She didn't reply him, she didn't ask for the information, he was the one who told her when she didn't ask for it.

She continued walking when she heard him say

"Hey shortie, get some sleep."

___

 

The glass door chimed, signaling her arrival. The workers greeted her as she scanned the space for someone.

"Hey, rascal."

Turning her head to see a boy wearing a hoodie and a snapback sitting in the corner of the cafe.

She walked towards him as she spat a,"Shut up" at him.

He chuckled. "I ordered something for you so sit down," He sipped his coffee and continued. "I missed you."

Joowon softened, it's been so long since she met her brother. Plugging out her earphones, she sat down and sipped the passion fruit smoothie on the table. Her favourite.

"I missed you too." 

Jaewon smiled, her sister was never good at expressing her feelings, since she was small, she kept her feelings to herself.

Hearing her say those words, he smiled.

Jaewon took a good look at her sister, tiredness, stressed, was written all over her face. She looked like she didn't slept in days.

"Are you not sleeping again?"

Joowon nodded.

"Or is it the donor called you, again."

Joowon nodded again.

Jaewon rolled his eyes, judging by the nut sized brain his father has installed in his so-called brain.

He must've called her in the morning a.k.a 2am - 5am in the morning. His father never understood the meaning of time difference and he wasn't planning to.

 

Joowon replied, "How are you."

"Fine, 10 times better than you. You look like a walking zombie that ran out from the walking dead. You need to rest Joo, everyone needs to. You need to learn how to relax, I know how much you want to debut, I know how you feel, i've been there before. But stressing yourself out isn't the best idea."

 

Silence.

 

"And don't tell me you've been sneaking in the recording studio at 3am again."

Joowon looked at her brother, "I will, I know and I am,"

"-I just feel stressed out, that's all."

She knows her brother cares for her but it's her decision if she wants to stay up late and practice.

He debuted, she hasn't. She almost never tells her brother or anyone else her problems, as she said, it was her problems, not theirs, she doesn't want to burden them thinking of ways to help.

 

Silence broke when Joowon's phone beeped, signaling an incoming message.

She took her phone and read the message before turning to her brother.

"I have to go back now, Jihyeon said they're going to the practice room to practice the dance routine." She said as she stood up and waved her brother goodbye while dragging herself out the coffee shop.

Jaewon sighed as he pulled out his phone and scrolled through his contacts when he pressed a name and connected to a call.

"Dowoon?"

"Yes hyung?"

"Help me take care of Joowon, I'm not always by her side and I know she doesnt express her feelings well."

"Joowon? Is she okay? I'm practicing, I'll call her now."

"Dowoon-ah, she might look fine on the outside, but she's not. She's in your hands Dowoon, I trust you, a lot."

____________________

 

so, this is the second chap, and i changed the title of the story because ha ha?

i have national exams for the past few weeks until

the end of the month,  sorry i took so long to update.

jae made his grand entrance in the story. and i edited

some parts of the first chapter so i hope u all check that out.

oh, and the (18) beside the year is actually their (dw and jw's) age so-

i'll try my best to update soon! hope you enjoyed,love u all.

-hoelographic