One

Obsessions of a Fangirl

A dream is a wish your heart makes - Cinderella 

 


 

I love him.

Luhan looks down at me with his large doe eyes, the sunlight playing with strands of his hair and getting caught in his irises. Our hands are interlaced in the pocket of his overcoat, something I've always wanted to try.

"What is it," I ask him, trying to calm down my racing heart. Breathe, I remind myself. Remember to breathe.

He smiles a little, and I notice that his cheeks are slightly pink from the cold autumn air. "You're beautiful," he replies.

I feel myself blush as I start stammering and blurting out nonsense. "You can't just say things like that so suddenly," I protest, even though a part of me knows that I really don't mind.

Luhan laughs. "Why can't I? It's true."

"No it's not," I mutter under my breath. "You look perfect while I look like a potato." 

"A very cute potato."

My eyes widen in shock. "You heard that," I ask, embarrassed because I know the answer. I groan and kick at the leaves. They fly up into the air, looking as if they've been set ablaze in the wind.

He curls a strand of hair behind my ear. "Yep, thankfully. Because thanks to that, you've earned yourself.." He pauses mid sentence and stares at my lips.

What's happening? Is he really...?

"Wake up! You're going to be late," Luhan suddenly starts screeching at the top of his lungs, much to my confusion and not to mention, utter disappointment. His voice has turned older and much more feminine for some reason. It sounds oddly familiar. "Get up already you lazy bum. This is why you shouldn't have stayed up so late. Now wake up!"

I don't know what to do. Luhan is hugging me now, his arms wrapped around me extremely tightly. All the while, he continues yelling for me to wake up.

"I don't know how," I cry.

He ignores me and continues. "If you don't get up right now, I'm taking away your phone and your laptop."

That got to me. Immediately, I am jolted awake, only to find that am currently strangled somehow by my own sheets and hanging halfway off the bed. Still a little disoriented, I manage to make out the contours of my room and the silhouette of my angry mother standing in the doorway.

"Seriously, where did we go wrong," she sighs. "Breakfast is on the table. You better hurry if you want to catch the bus," she informs me while shaking her head as she walks away.

As soon as she leaves, I fall to the floor and start rolling around in frustration. Why couldn't she have let me continue the dream for just a bit longer? If I can't talk to Luhan in real life, at least let me talk to him in my dreams. It was such a good dream too.

After complaining for a good minute or two and giving myself a pep talk, I begin crawling towards the bathroom still wrapped in my comforter. I am not relinquishing my fluffy cocoon of warmth.

I brush my teeth, change myself, and run downstairs with everything packed in under 5mins.

"Your hair," my mother chides.

Incoherent mumbles find their way out of my mouth as I attempt scarf down a plate of pancakes. 

"Bye mom," I call out while racing towards the bus stop.

Time for another long day at school.