One

Silence.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jonghyun

It's that boy.

He never talks.

I, on the other hand, talk too much.

-

The canteen is considerably noisy. What else would you expect if you're going to put a bunch of teenagers in an enclosed area with food? You're going to have noise. I'll tell you right now that I'm one of the main contributors to this noise.

Too much of something in one place is a bad thing, right? So noise must move around. Spread itself to the quieter areas, that's what I think, anyway. (I've been told many times that my logic is flawed, but there's no one around to tell me that it is today, so...) 

I find myself being drawn to what I feel is the quietest area of the canteen. I find myself doing this everyday. Something about the boy that sits here is just too intriguing. 

Fluffy brown-black hair is bent over a metal lunchbox, chopsticks poking aimlessly into sticky white rice. 

"Hi Kibum!" The tuft of hair flops backwards as Kibum raises his head to look at me. That's all he does, really. Kibum is known throughout the company for not speaking. It's not that he can't, I know for a fact that he is able to. I've heard him sing, after all, and mumble sometimes. He just doesn't talk. I think he's just shy. I don't know, actually, it's not like he likes to offer information about himself.

He's returned to poking at his food, but the lunchbox looks untouched. Has he even eaten anything?

"Are you eating? Why aren't you eating? You need to eat more or you'll get tired. Aren't you hungry?" He replies with a blank look and a slight shake of his head, so subtle that I wouldn't be able to catch it if I wasn't staring right at him. Now to think about it, that's a bit creepy of me.

"Is itweird that I'm staring at you, I'm just wondering why you aren't eating and...uh...yeah..." I trail off awkwardly. I've spoken too much. Kibum has returned to stirring the food around, none of it actually entering his mouth. Did he even hear me?

I need to escape this awkward situation. "Anyway, yes, you need to eat, I'll leave you to it then, bye!" Scrambling off the bench, I m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter