prologue.

Sing To Me The Angel's Song (Raptured)

It is the day of the foreseen future. The doom day had long passed. The place was how it was years ago. Except that the moss grew thicker and the sewers are covered in green. Rats, cockroaches, and pests cover the empty alleyways. Molds and cobwebs were the common residents of the ghost town that the city had become. In the night, you will hear the hoots of owls and bats that are perched on lamp posts and billboards. The place was all the same, but it reeks so bad what with the smell of decaying organisms and the after-effects of urbanization.

It is ironic to think that inconsistency, nowadays, is very consistent. Sometimes, it snows on July and other times, it doesn’t even rain in April. Climate change has reached its peak and everything is just abnormally skewered. And humans are one to blame.

It took humans 21 centuries to fully destroy the Earth. There were hundreds of extinct species and the clouds were always cloudy and polluted. Acid was the rain, neck-deep were the flash floods. It was all because humans always demand to take, but never took the initiative to give back. It was not long before the chemicals that humans consume every day of their lives got into their heads and clouded their rationality. Five years ago, this place is not the Earthly world, nor the paradise that the Bible had said that it was. It was hell.

Maybe God had once again realized that the Earth is now wrapped in greed, violence, and sin, that he decided to let the rain pour and wipe away almost the entire human species. Almost.

Because even after everything, five years later, here was Kim Jongin. The modern Noah who survived the rain and witnessed how the rainbow glistened above the clouds. Except that there was nothing to be happy about being the ultimate survivor. Because there was no one to celebrate the glory with.

After that, he realized that what Science says about everything being temporary was real, whatever branch of Science was that. Right after that, everything had disappeared. Most of the European countries are now underneath the sea, lost in the world and wiped out of the map like the lost city of Atlantis.

Seoul stands still, like the concrete jungle that it was. But the dull and empty silence that haunts the once bustling city is nothing to be happy about. Jongin is the only living soul left in the planet, and all he ever hoped for is for it to end.