Chapter Two

Overlap
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Two

 

I open my eyes to blinding lights. Memories slam into me and I remember everything with bursting detail. I open my eyes once more in a frantic motion to see the colours again. I am in a small room, on a bed. A machine whirrs beside me monitoring my heart. Everything is subdued. The room is white but there is one thing which has colour. A painting above my bed. A painting of balloons with a rich dark colour whose name I do not know but I immediately know that this will be my favourite colour. I hear a sound to my left and turn to look. A doctor I guess since he wears a coat and behind him walks my soulmate, Kai. I immediately sit a little straighter and attempt to smoothen my hair.

‘Hello Daya, I’m Doctor Park. I hope you are feeling well.’ The doctor says and I nod my hair.

‘I do know that you have questions to ask but for now just stay still. You must be reeling with just the fact that you have a soulmate.’ He turns to look at Kai. ‘Both of you sit down and talk and I will be back with someone who can answer your questions’ the doctor exits the room leaving the two of us to stare at each other.

He takes a stool, places it next to the bed and sits on it. The situation feels awkward until he clears his throat and speaks.

‘So..I’m Kai, you probably already knew that’ he nervously laughs. His voice has a quality which makes me wish I could carry it in my pocket just so I could listen to it over and over.

‘Are you Markless too?’ I blurt out the question.

He looks straight into my eyes and answers.

‘Not anymore’ a puzzling look forms on my face and he proceeds to explain.

‘I was Markless until the moment I saw you.’

‘So you have a Mark now?’ I ask

‘Yes I do’

‘Can I see?’ I ask him with straightforward eyes. He glances at me, stands up and starts removing his shirt.

I immediately avert my eyes and shriek. I feel my cheeks burn.

‘You can see it, you know’ I hear him say.

I turn towards him and he has his back towards me.

His Mark is beautifully stunning.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter