Final

Chicken Maniac: An Eggciting Tail of Three Men and Chickens

 

 

 

[10/30/15] Finally proofread and edited!

 

 


 

 

It was dark.

 

That was the first thing Kris noticed when he gained consciousness. Second was the overwhelming smell of fried food; what it was exactly, he couldn't pinpoint. It was too dark for him to be able to identify his surroundings yet he still allowed himself to scan the area.

 

“W-what the hell? What's goin' on?” His throat was drier than a desert yet he somehow managed to speak his thoughts out loud. Despite not knowing where he was, Kris didn't expect to hear other voices.

 

“Hyung, I think he hath awoken!”

 

“Yes, my young disciple. I, too, can sense his chicken hating soul having aroused from his slumber.”

 

That second voice... isn't it Onew?! Then, it all came back to him. The flight to Seoul, the empty streets, his ex-labelmate. The sign for the fast food restaurant with the cartoon chicken and its beady eyes that pierced his soul. But if Onew is here, then whose voice was the first ones?

 

Suddenly a neon yellow light invaded his vision, causing him to shield away from the harsh light. He opened his eyes, slowly adjusting to the change. He scanned his surroundings, and what he saw made his eyes widen in horror. He was sure that his captors could practically see the fear radiating off of him.

 

Kris sat in the middle of the room, his arms and legs tied. Along one wall were cages. Each one holding two chickens. Along the three other walls were more chickens. These, however were held back by a fence, with enough space for the animals to run around freely. In these holding pens were a variety of chickens - plump hens, rambunctious roosters, cuddly and tiny chicks. Feathers were everywhere, and their clucking quickly became angry once the lights were . The sight caused Kris to panic, and he began to thrash around on the chair. His chair quickly fell over, due to his struggling.

 

A window was on one of the walls behind a holding pen. Leaning on the windowsill were two men. The older of the two was Onew, as Kris recognized him immediately. The other, however, he had never seen before. Onew let out an amused chuckle upon seeing the confusion evident on Kris’s face.

 

“Why, good evening, Wu Yifan~. I was wondering when thou would wake up from thy slumber. Now, let me introduce my apprentice. This boy here is Jae, of the band Day6. I hath taken him under my wing.” At that, Jae started to chuckle. He bowed and greeted the tied up man.

 

Onew turned to Kris with a wicked smirk and asked, “Dost thou know why thou are here, in my egg-cellent chicken lair?”

 

Kris lifted his head slightly off the ground and shook his head slowly.

 

“Oh, then, let me explain to thee. Thou see, not only hast thou refused to accept the light of the glorious chicken shine upon thy pathetic life, but thou hast refused thrice!” Onew exclaimed furiously and lifted three fingers. Jae’s gasps of horror could clearly be heard from behind Onew. The chickens grew frantic; their clucking sounding louder to Kris. “Now, Wu Yifan, my boy, thou hast to suffer the wrath of my almighty chicken army!! Mwahahahaha - Jae, join me in my evil laughter,” Both men are now laughing maliciously, basking in Kris’s fear, “Mwah ha ha! Mwa hahahaha! Ha!”

 

“No... please, stop. S-stop this madness. P-please…” Kris was still laying on his side on the ground, tied to the chair. Tears and snot ran down his face; inhuman sobs escaping his lips.

 

Onew and Jae paused their evil laughter, the older commanding the younger silently to get a chicken. He came back six minutes later, however, he was now wearing a full body chicken costume made with authentic chicken feathers. Taken from the animals in moderation, of course, since they could never take all the feathers off of a chicken.

 

“Here thee go, hyung.”

 

Onew took the chicken from his apprentice. This chicken was far more special than all the others. It was bigger and more beautiful. It was the envy of the entire chicken community. Onew cradled the animal close to his chest. He glanced at Kris and crouched down, turning his head to face him. “This here is Mega Ultra Chicken. He is my precious child. And because he is my favorite, I shall let him have a taste of thee first.” He was about to place his chicken on the ground beside the tied up man's head, when he looked straight into his eyes, “Well, do ya?”


“Do I what?”


“Dost thou feel clucky, punk?”

 

Nothing. Kris had absolutely nothing to say to that. He narrowed his eyes at Onew. Okay wow. He really just said. I can't even.

 

Jae was giggling to himself. He ran into the back room and came out with three buckets of fried chicken, a 10 piece of McNuggets from McDonald's, and a large boom box that should have stayed in the 80's. He pressed play and the familiar tune of The Chicken Dance blared out of the speakers.

 

“Yes! Mega Ultra Chicken, go forth! Go forth and pwn them all!” Onew gently placed his prized chicken on the ground. It strutted around Kris, who still laid helplessly on the ground, before climbing on top of the man. It leaned its head down and was face to face with Kris. And they stayed in that position for a while; Mega Ultra Chicken was able to smell the fear off of him. Jumping off his body, it went towards Jae, who extended his arm out, offering a piece of fried chicken to Mega Ultra Chicken before taking two pieces for himself and Onew. The chicken went back to Kris. It forced the piece of chicken into his mouth, his beak lingering for a few seconds. It was as though it was flirting with him and it made the man extremely uncomfortable.

 

It climbed back onto Kris and began pecking at his body. His attacks going lower and lower until it reached his . Despite it being against the seat of the chair, Mega Ultra Chicken still managed to peck it lovingly and tenderly.

 

Meanwhile, as this exchange occurred, Onew and Jae - who were both wearing chicken costumes - were cheerfully dancing the chicken dance and eating their gourmet chicken food.

 

“Hyung, isn't Mega Ultra Chicken getting a bit carried away?”

 

Onew hummed as he observed his precious animal. He let out a slightly disgruntled sigh, “I guess thou art right. He hast had enough fun for tonight.”

 

Being the benevolent man he is, Onew decided to relieve Kris of the awkward and intimate moment with Mega Ultra Chicken. However, since Kris has offended him by rejecting the way of the chicken, he couldn’t let him go unpunished. But he is an incredibly generous person, so the torture would be quick. He grabbed Mega Ultra Chicken and placed him the back room, where his own special pen was located, as well as a lifetime supply of chicken products.

 

The popular polka tune grew louder and louder; the men in the room could hardly hear themselves talk without having to lean into each other. But Onew and Jae were able to communicate telepathically since they share a bond. A special bond based on their eternal love for all things chicken. The music caused the walls to rumble slightly, then it happened.

 

All the fences holding the chickens back were opened. And a blur of feathers and chicken legs invaded all of Kris's senses. All he could see was a blizzard of feathers through his red, teary eyes. The chickens climbed on him and all over him. The enraged clucking mixed together with the music created a haunting melody. Their unnaturally pointy beaks pecking at any and all open spots of his body. He was tied up; he could not do anything to protect himself. He couldn’t even scream for help; he had a piece of fried chicken in his mouth and if he attempted to spit it out, feathers would get into his mouth which would cause him to choke on them.

 

Meanwhile, as Kris was being attacked, the two chicken obsessed men were very ecstatic with the outcome and satisfied with Kris's reaction. They expressed their contentment through dance - the chicken dance, to be more specific.

 

The volume of the music had been turned down a bit by Jae, but just enough so they could hear Kris’s barely audible cries. And as Kris laid on the ground, the villainous laughter of his captors was clearly heard. What made it even worse, and very mocking, was how they laughed along to the music. It was the last thing Kris processed as he slowly lost consciousness.

 

Mwah ha ha ha hahaha.

Mwah ha ha ha hahaha.

Mwah ha ha ha.

 

Everything grew softer with each clap. Softer, and softer. His eyelids started to droop; everything in his line of vision became fuzzy.


It was dark. He couldn't see anything, yet Kris couldn't be any more relieved.

 

 

 


 

 

 

I originally wasn't going to write a sequel to Chicken Maniac but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Anyways~ thankyu for reading this mess ^_^ And I apologize for any mistakes since I'm kinda lazy and don't feel like proofreading >_<