count on me

count on me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

count on me;

 

Mr and Mrs Jeon always wanted a son.
They've tried for years and after 7 years of marriage, they got one- Jeon Wonwoo.

Wonwoo was a ideal child. He was quiet, obedient and respectful. 
At the age of 5, he appeared to be really lonely, and brought up the topic to his busy parents the one day they were home. 

" Mom? Dad? Can I have a brother? "


His parents were skeptical at first, thinking if they could actually give birth to another one, but smart Wonwoo heard of the orphanage his homeroom teacher volunteered at, and the Jeon family went there.
Wonwoo was sitting on the swing when he saw a young boy getting picked on at the sandbox. The boy had dark brown hair with dull eyes, and had his rabbit toy thrown across the sand. When the boy was scrambling to get away from the other kids and grab the toy, Wonwoo made eye contact. And that one eye contact made the older boy want to protect the brown haired. 
Wonwoo went back to his parents, dragging a boy named Mingyu along,

" Mommy! Daddy! Can Mingyu be my brother, please? "

They were practically attached by the hips. Wonwoo and his brother, Mingyu- they went to the same school, had the same group of friends, mainly because Mingyu was challenged. He was autistic and needed to go to a special school but he wanted to follow Wonwoo and therefore, ended up in the same school, elementary and middle both the same.

It was only until they were 12 and 13, Mingyu and Wonwoo lost their parents. Mr and Mrs Jeon were coming home from a long business trip while on the phone with Mingyu, which the child was telling them to hurry up, before hearing a loud crash with a few horns and before the line died, Mrs Jeon whispered into the receiver, 
"Tell Wonwoo to take good care of you, and vice versa, M-'Mingyu- do you understand ? " 
And all Mingyu could say was,
" Mingyu understand Mommy "

When Wonwoo learned about the news, he broke down. He didn't want to believe that his parents left him so easily and always cried in his room, only until he remembered what Mingyu told him the day their parents died. 

"Why did you tell them to hurry up?!"

"M-mingyu wante-ed to.. to t-te-"

"WHO ARE YOU TO TELL THEM TO HURRY UP!"

Mingyu didn't reply, couldn't reply. He was sobbing so hard that he couldn't speak anymore, the reality of losing his parents and the close to losing his brother feeling has caught up to him.
And before Wonwoo locks himself in his room,

" Mo-mommy told M-Mingyu to tell tell  Wonwoo to ta-take good care of Mingyu.."

Wonwoo had to wipe away his tears and clean his face, before opening his room door to see that Mingyu had fallen asleep on the floor waiting for him to come out and Wonwoo used all his strength to carry the younger into his own room and went to cook dinner, the first meal they had without their parents.

Wonwoo had resulted into joining a gang, that apparently said they would provide him money as long as he did some 'work' , and work including killing and robbing along with some stealing and fighting. 

He went back to their rundown apartment at street 12, Hongdae. He has sold their terrace for some money and it was over when Mingyu was 14, the money couldn't last and so he had to do extra work, which includes dropping out of school and joining a gang with approximately 3 part time jobs. He had to support the flat, and his brother's school fees. 

Mingyu woke up in the middle of the night to see complete darkness and no signs of his older bro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter