Yuri, The Matchmaker!

Love will find You

“I’ll visit you often! Don’t worry,Umma!.” Taeyeon finds her sit at the corner while talking to her mom over phone. ‘I can’t…. I already signed contract. Look mom, I’m already 27 so there’s no harm for female adult to live alone and don’t forget that I live alone for years already.” Taeyeon sight as she continue to listen her mom lecture about how dangerous to live alone in an apartment. ‘Ok, I’ll find time. See you, mom!’ Taeyeon sight in relief when her mom finally give up. She put her phone on the table and take out her favorite comic book. Today she decided not to work as usual since she just got it from the bookshop and she can’t wait to read it. Just when she open her book the waitress come. ‘What would you like today, Taeyeon-unnie?’ A young girl asked her.

“A hot coffee and cake as usual, Yeri-ah!.” Taeyeon smile “How is school?”

“It’s good so far. The only problem is money as always.”

“Tell me if you need help!” Taeyeon replies while the girl is shaking her head.

“Thank you, unnie! But I can manage. Oh! I need to go now. Coffee and cake is coming soon!” She gives a quick bow as she walk off. Yeri is such a lovable and hardworking kid. She’s in her first year in college and she already support herself by working here as full time and study at the weekend. And that make Taeyeon adores her since the first time she comes here and being a spoil brat herself she can’t help but to admire this kid.

Just like other day, this morning Taeyeon comes to Caritas again. She just love this quiet café as much as she loves her Jelly and her dog, Ginger. The building is beautiful and the inside is perfect since she is the one who decorated this place. Her favorite spot is at the corner where she can take a full view of the lake and garden, also that man. Today he doesn’t wear his shades but looks good as always. She noticed that he always arrive at the same time as her and she had to admit that he’s quite handsome. But strangely he somehow weird since he would smile or chuckle alone while looking at the lake.  Who is he talking to? Taeyeon couldn’t help but to curious. Wait! Isn’t that Yuri? Did they know each other? Since she already married he’s not her boyfriend. Whatever! It none of my business. She shakes her head and continue to read her book.

“Wosh……..!!!!”

“Oh My!” Taeyeon droped the book from her hands as she clutches her chest then she smile when she saw a culprit take a sit in front of her. “That’s such a great way for greeting Yuri!” she said in sarcastic tone.

“Only a special person can receive such thing!” Yuri replies playfully.

Taeyeon rolled her eyes as she bend down to pick up her book from the floor “And I don’t want to be your special person you may know”

But you’re my brother’s Yuri giggling to herself then straighten herself when Taeyeon looks at her.

“So, what bring you’re here, Yuri?”

“Can’t I came to my café?”

“Ah! Fool me. Why did I forget that?” Taeyeon hits her forehead lightly which make Yuri chuckle.

“Cute!”

“Me? Cute? I would rather die than being call cute.” Taeyeon point to herself while frowning. She doesn’t like cutie thing not to mention calling herself cute.

“C’mon, Taeyeon! Just except that you’re naturally cute.”

“Whatever!” Taeyeon scoffs as she continue to read her book ignoring giggling Yuri. She is the only friend that Taeyeon got in Korea since she just come back to Seoul. They actually hanged out just a few time include the first time they met but she feel so comfortable around her like they have known each other for decades. Taeyeon feels thankful that she meet cheerful Yuri.

“Oh, I almost forgot.” Yuri start after a moment of silent which caught Taeyeon attention. “My brother said that he wants to meet you.”

Taeyeon crease her forehead as she doesn’t remember knowing Yuri brother “Why would he want to meet me? It’s not like we know each other.”

“Yah! Can’t you just a little polite? That certain He is my brother, Miss!”

“What! I just state the fact. Wait…don’t tell me you…..” Taeyeon leans close to Yuri while pointing at her.

“No…….I’m not.” Yuri denies loudly.

“Good then! I thought you want to be a matchmaker” Taeyeon leans back to her sit.

“Why did I want to do that?” Yuri being too defensive whew! So close!  “Well! He wants to meet you because he likes your work. And since you’re my friend he want to introduce you to his clients.” Good job, Yul!

“Really!” Taeyeon’s eyes suddenly glint with happiness. “Are you sure?”

“Look who just said why would he want to meet me?” Yuri mimics Taeyeon’s voice which earn a glare from her friend.

“Where is your brother now?”

“Over there under the tree in the garden.” Yuri pointed to where Jiyong is.

“He’s your brother!!” Taeyeon exclaims loudly. She didn’t expect that weird man is Yuri’s brother.

“Why you sound so surprise?” Yuri asks her curiously “Did you already know him?”

“No, I didn’t. I just a bit surprise that all.”

“So, let’s go now!” Yuri stand up and pull Taeyeon with her.

“He’s busy right now. Let’s meet next time.” Taeyeon tries to follow Yuri step.

“I’m sure he wouldn’t mind!”

~ ~ ~ ~

“Umma, stop set me up on blind date. I don’t need it.” Jiyong is desperately asking his mom over the phone. It’s the 3rd time in this months that she did that and he ditched his date again. “Arraso Umma, bye!” Jiyong ends the call frustratingly that he doesn’t aware that two lady are standing behind him. “What!!!” He exclaimed loudly as he feel a hand tap his shoulder. But as soon as he turn around his anger suddenly fade away like a smoke. There’s Taeyeon beautiful as always is standing behind Yuri with a shock expression.

“What gotten into you, oppa?”

“Nothing!” And Jiyong looked at Taeyeon with apologize smile. “I’m sorry if I shocked you.”

“It’s ok. I understand”

“Oppa this is Taeyeon, my friend and this is my oppa Jiyong.”

“Nice to see you Jiyong-ssi!” Taeyeon steps forward and extends her hand to Jiyong.

She looks even more beautiful up close. “Ah! Nice to see you too Taeyeon-ssi!” Jiyong shakes Taeyeon’s hand immediately when he felt Yuri nudged his elbow. “Please, take a sit.” He pulls a chair like a gentleman for Taeyeon and take a sit opposite her.

“Oppa, how about the client that you want to introduce to Taeyeon?” Yuri gives a sign to her brother to play along when he gives her a question look. “Omo! I need to pick up Yongbae from work.” Yuri look at her wrist watch and stand up abruptly. “Tae, I need to go first!” She pad Taeyeon shoulder before turn to speak to her brother through her expression. You better use this chance well otherwise I won’t forgive you!

“See you then!” Taeyoen waves her hand to Yuri who is now out of her sight. “So Jiyong-ssi…”

“Hmm… my friend plan to build a new villa and she wanted me to find a good designer. And I feel like you will be a good choice. Do you interest?” Now how am I gonna find that friend? Aish! Why that brat need to make up this?

“Of course, I’m interest!” Taeyeon exclaimed happily. “When will we start? Can I get her number?”

“Well! We still in blueprint process so you’ll need to wait.” Jiyong pause as he tries to find an excuse. “I’ll contact you once we finish the building.”

“If you say so. Thank you for recommend me!”

“Nothing! You’re talented.” Then there’s an awkward silent. None of them know what to talk about.

Should I leave now? What should I do? This is so uncomfortable. Taeyeon mentally talk to her self as she looks around avoid any eyes contact.

“So how long have you been in Korea? I heard from Yuri that you lived abroad.” Taeyeon glad that finally Joyong ask her a question. It’s not like she desperate to talk to him but this just so awkward.

“I studied and lived in England but now since I already graduated and traveling enough I decide to settle here.”

“Seem like you like travelling.” Jiyong feel relieve when he saw her expression. He glades that he choose the good question.

“A lot!!! Actually I finished my course since last year but I refused to come back home. And at the mean time I traveled a lot.”  Am I talk too much? Well apparently not. Do you like travelling?”

So, she’s a young independence and free spirit girl. “I really like London the most among every place I visited. It’s beautiful and fabulous! And I want to visit New Zeeland for my next vocation.”

“I also love London!” Taeyeon smile widely. “And I also want to go to New Zeeland. ”

“Maybe we can go together next time!” OMG! Did I just ask her that?

His offer just catch her off guard but she managed not show it “Sure! If our free time meet” Did I just plan a vocation with him? “Omo! My mom will kill me.” Taeyeon stand up immediately after she read the time on her phone. She’s so engross in the chat that she forget that she promise to go shopping with her mother. “I need to go now, Jiyong-ssi!” she bow quickly and Jiyong now also stand up.

“C.a..n I get your phone number?” Jiyong stutter as he rub his nape.

“Sure! Give me your phone.” Jiyong hand her his phone and she type her phone number and dial to make sure she also has his number.

“Thank you!” Taeyeon gives back his phone and bow again. “Goodbye, Taeyeon-ssi!” Jiyong said loudly as Taeyeon run to her car. He chuckle when she almost trips on her way. Cute! He mutters quietly and quickly save her phone number.

~~~~

 

 

 

 

And thank everyone for taking your precious time reading my story (bow..). Forgive my grammar or any mistake! Well English isn't my first Language and lately i won't use it much so i kinda forget words and the flow of the sentence :) It damn hard to put all those talk and action into words.

I don't plan to make this story longer than 4 or 5 chapter and i'll try to finished it before new semester start.

And congratulation to Taeyeon for I 3th win!!!!! It's such a great song and album! Make sure to watch MV  if you haven't watch it yet!