Final

Sadie Hawkins Dance

- Seohyun’s POV -

 

“OMG!” “IGE BWOYA?!” “FINALLY!” “YOU CAN”T BE SERIOUS!”

 

There was a huge orchestra of excitement on both the male and female populace of the school around the noticeboard just as you enter the school. Due to the curiosity of the surrounding students at the students around the noticeboard, the crowd started getting thicker and thicker that it was quite impossible for me to enter and first period was just about to start. Luckily, my bestfriend was with me.

 

“YAH! What are you students still doing here?! School is about to start!” Gong Seungyeon shouted with authority. At the sound of her voice, the students scampered into their respective classes. Well, my bestfriend being the Vice President of the Student Council has its perk. She is probably the most respected student in the School. I mean who wouldn’t be? She’s beautiful, smart, authoritative, wise for her age and puts discipline above all. Yeah she could be a Spartan leader but the results are nothing but perfect and no one could complain. There are probably only 3 people who could control her, me her bestfriend, her boyfriend of 2 years Lee Jonghyun, the schools’ Vampire Handsome Guitarist, and the President of the School Council. We were all in the same year but different classes. Oh speaking of the President, Seungyeonnie is the second in terms of the most respected student in the school. The most respected student is given to the President of the School Council. He’s the sort of person you just wanted the follow without any question. He’s an engaging student with huge sense of humor, handsome, dedicated to his work, smart and son of the School owner. I believe that he probably know almost all the students on a one on one basis. He just seemed to know everyone. Well everyone except me.

 

I’m Seo Joo Hyun, or Seohyun for short. I am neither pretty nor beautiful. I am not rich so I do not have the money to buy the hot trends of the fashion industry (unlike my bestfriend who is adorned with Versace garments and Gucci accessories, well you get the idea). The first thing people think of at the first sight of me is “Nerd”. Yeah I wear ill-fitted clothes, wear huge and thick eyeglasses with bushy hair. For a long time, Seungyeonnie has stated that she will cater for my beauty necessities but I always decline. I did not want to take advantage of her economic status due to my poor background and I have told her countless times. But it didn’t stop her to ask stating that it is, and I quote, “torturing” her to see me like this. But I don’t care, this is a school, we are meant to study and learn, not a freaking fashion show. And by that, I’m probably the smartest in the school. Not planning to brag but yeah, I probably am. I mean I was able to skip one year. The only one who could contest that is the President.

 

Curious as to what the students have been glazing about, I looked at the Noticeboard.

 

Sadie Hawkins Dance!

The breaking of tradition.

A Prom with a twist.

Where Ladies Ask the Gentleman for the Dance!

 

That shocked me to the core. Why are we having a dance in the middle of the school year? I mean weird right? And most of all, us ladies have to look for our date. A dance is depressing enough, but this? Hellish.

 

“Oh? Bwoya? I couldn’t believe the student council have not been notified about this?” Seungyeonnie fumed behind me. “What has Gyojangnim been thinking? This would be hard to plan in just 4 weeks ti-”

 

She was cut off by an arm around her waist and a kiss on her cheek, “Morning babe.”

 

Seungyeonnie’s transformation was quick from a Spartan to a girl, well… in-love…

 

“Morning. Will you go to the dance with me?” She cutely asked her boyfriend Lee Jonghyun.

 

“I would love to,” he said again showing his dimples.

 

I rolled my eyes at them and said, “Too mushy. Can you guys do it when I’m not around? It’s sickening. I actually prefer my bestfriend to be authoritative at the moment.”

 

They both laughed at my statement and Jonghyun said, “Aigoo mianhe, Seohyun-ah. Would you like me to set you up with someone for the dance?”

 

Yeah that has always been the case for the previous year, both Seungyeonnie and Jonghyun-ah set me up with a date for last year’s Prom. It’s a school event and I had no choice but to attend because we will be graded on our behavior and I needed the extra credit at that time.

 

I sighed and said, “Not this time Jonghyun-ah. I don’t care about the attendance and the extra credit anymore. I’m just going to be at home watching a drama or read a book.”

 

“Andwae Hyunnie,” Seungyeonnie shouted. “I’m not letting our last year here have no exciting memories-“

 

“Thanks but I’ll pass,” and I left them both shaking their heads at me. Truth be told, I just want to ask him as my date, but he’s a million ways above me while I am in rock bottom. My ultimate crush, the President of the Student Council, Jung Yonghwa. Seungyeonnie did not knew about my feelings about the President and I have no plans on telling her. I did not plan to fall for him but it just happened, like fate or whatever the dramas call it.

 

* Flashback*

 

- Three years ago -

 

I was from the bookshop because the new release of the last Harry Potter Book came out. (Yeah I’m a fan of Harry Potter :) – Pokerman). I just had to get it, I mean come on, it’s the last book of Harry Potter and I have been saving for it for a long time. As soon as I had bought the book. I already started reading the first chapter. I was walking home while reading the book and was about to cross the road when-

 

BEEEPP!!!!

 

I saw the car coming at me in slow motion. The blazing lights of the vehicle blinding my eyes and I knew then that it’s the end. What a pathetic way to end such a beautiful life I was given-

 

Someone yanked me out of the way, my arm was strongly pulled out towards the pedestrian lane.

 

A pair of gorgeous but hazy eyes were staring at me as I lay on top of a person. It took me a second, well more than a few seconds, to register what just happened. And by the time I have taken everything in, a crowd has gathered around us.

 

“Yah! Neo Micheosseo?!” the driver suddenly knelt beside me. “Are you hurt?!” When I shook my head as I sat down and helped my savior to also sit beside me.

 

The driver heaved a huge sigh of relief and said, “Agassi, you should really watch where you are walking. Did you not see the red light?”

 

“M-Mianheyo,” I started saying as the tears begin welling up on my eyes. “Cheongmal Mianheyo.”

 

“Aigoo it’s ok as long as you two are not hurt. Just don’t read and walk at the same time Agassi.” And with that he left and the crowd started dispersing and I was left with my savior.

 

“Gwenchana?” A husky voice asked beside me. I still couldn’t see anything around me and I said, “I-I can’t see. M-My glasses…”

 

“Oh they’re here but I think you are going to need new ones,” He said as he handed me my glasses. I looked at the damage and an arm was bending wrongly and the left glass was cracked. Nonetheless, I still put it on as I want to see my savior.

 

Wow…

 

H-He’s dreamy… and perfectly handsome…

 

He stood up and started dusting off the dirt from his clothes. He then offered me his hand and I tentatively took it. A sharp pain suddenly pierced my foot and I slumped down to the ground.

 

“Ow!” I winced at the pain.

 

“Gwenchana?!” he suddenly knelt beside me and I could see concern in his eyes.

 

“M-My foot.” I whispered as I started whimpering in pain.

 

Without my permission, he slowly and carefully removed my shoe and sock. He then inspected the damage and thankfully there isn’t any blood or else I would faint. He started poking different areas on my foot and he handled it so carefully and gently that I couldn’t help but feel warm inside until-

 

“Ow!”

 

“I-It’s sprained. Not a big issue. I’m sorry, I didn’t handle you more carefully-“

 

“Aniyo! Y-You saved my life. It’s my fault, not yours,” I said as I smiled at him. And he smiled back. Oh. My. God. I was sure I was blushing.

 

“C’mon I’ll take you to the hospital,” he said.

 

“A-aniyo, i-it’s fine. I can walk to my house.” I said as I tried to stand up but the pain on my foot caused me to slumped back down to the ground.

 

He shuffled his hair in frustration and said, “How about I just take you to your house? Is that fine?”

 

I nodded and I asked for his hand to help me stand up but he shook his hand and gestured on his back. If I wasn’t sure I was blushing, I sure am now. A piggy back.

 

As he stood up with me on his back and made our way to my house, he asked, “So what’s the title of the book that caused all this.”

 

“Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows…” I whispered, afraid that the emotions that I’m trying to control would burst out.

 

“No way! I love Harry Potter…..” and we started talking and talking like nothing else mattered. I have never met someone so easy going and approachable such as this guy. The way he laughs that resonates to his a mild vibration on his back made me felt warm inside, the way he seemed to like what I like, hate what I hate (except for Hamburgers, he loved it while I hate it). We just seemed to connect on each single discussion we had (I mean we even go to the same school!).  I think I-I’m falling for this person.

 

“Here we are,” he said. And soon enough the door burst open with my parents exclaiming how worried they are as they helped me down (I called them on our way back home), and blah blah blah. All my focus was on my savior.

 

“Young man, would you like to come inside for a cup of tea? Just to thank you,” Appa asked him.

 

“Aniyo it’s fine Abeonim. My parents might be looking for me too.” He said.

 

“Ahh Kure? Next time then. Thanks for saving my daughter,” App said as he shook his hand. He just smiled and started to go but-

 

“Wait! W-what’s your name?” I asked him.

 

He slowly turned around with a huge smile on his face and said, “Jung Yonghwa.” And with that he ran off, not even bothering to take my name.

 

A week passed after that because my parents wanted to be sure that I was completely healed before I go to school. And when I did, I searched for him and when I asked around on who Jung Yonghwa is, I got depressed. Son of the owner of the school, President of the Student Council at first year high school, smart, athletic, leader of the school band, and other distinguishable characteristics. How could I compete that? So I did not meet him even once and that was that, the start of my unrequited love on Jung Yonghwa.

 

* End of Flashback *

 

A week has passed since the dance has been announced and the excitement amongst the students hasn’t died down, the fire has grown to a bigger proportion if I may say. Frankly I couldn’t understand what fuss is all about, it’s just a dance. And no one shared my view, not even my bestfriend who at the moment is very busy at making preparations for the dance, thankfully. She has been budging me to go to the dance and that she already has a “date” set up for me. But I stood my ground and kept on refusing her. It’s just not going to happen.

 

But due to my bestfriend being busy with the preparations of the dance, I get to meet Jung Yonghwa on a daily basis. He always was looking for his Vice President with some issue or any other pending work to be done and my bestfried, being a perfectionist, stood up immediately and rushed to sort out the issue leaving me alone without any single word. But at least I get to see Jung Yonghwa.

 

I was walking along the hallway with Seungyeonnie as she started giving me the latest gossip in the school. Yeah even though she’s Spartan like, she’s all mellow and girly inside, you just need to know her more.

 

“Did you know Goo Hara asked uri President to the dance?” She whispered giddily beside me.

 

“And I guess Yonghwa-ssi turned our School Goddess down?” I asked nonchalantly while inside I was unsure of what I felt.

 

“Yeah you got that right. Not a single girl could tie uri President down. Not even the School Goddess did. At this rate, he would have turned down all the eligible hot girls in school.”

 

“Is he a bad boy type?” I asked and inside I was… rejoicing?

 

“Ani, I have asked uri President about that and he just said he’s waiting for the perfect one. See? He’s a romanticist, not a bad boy.” Seungyeonnie said as she checked her makeup on a mirror. “Hyunnie I’ll just stop by to the washroom.”

 

“Ahh okay” I lightly said. I was out of this world just because of what she said. I too had been wondering on why I never heard any news of him dating anyone in the school. He’s probably the most sought out bachelor in the school and he would have no problems getting into a relationship. I’ve heard all the rumors of him rejecting all the girls that asked him to be their boyfriend. Every single one of them was rejected. It led people to think he was a bad boy type but his actions tend to state otherwise. He hasn’t turned his back on anyone who asked him for help, a reliable person, that’s what he is. How could he be a bad boy? So people again thought that he was betrothed to a girl, he was in an arranged marriage but when he was asked, he just laughed and denied the whole thing. He was just shrouded in mysteries in the love department and not a single student knew the truth about him until Seungyeonnie just said what she just said. He’s a romanticist, a person waiting for the perfect one. A guy willing to wait for that one girl who would love him till the end of time. A guy-

 

“Ugh- ARGH!” I shouted as I bumped someone and I started to fall backwards. I braced for impact until two strong arms were around my waist hugged me before I fell.

 

“Mianhe, I didn’t see you there.” a husky voice said as he slowly released me from his arms.

 

Dugun dugun…

 

I know that voice…

 

H-he just hugged me… tightly…

 

Dugun dugun…

 

“Hello?” he asked me while I just stood there staring at his dreamy face. He waved his hand in front of my face and that brought me out of my reverie.

 

“Oh mianheyo Yonghwa-ssi. It was my fault for being out of it,” I apologized and was bowing quite a lot of times until he just laughed.

 

“Ani it’s also my fault too you know. Any way have you seen Seungyeon-ah? You’re her bestfriend right? Joohyun-ssi right?” he asked as he smiled at me. Wow. His smile was just- ani! Come out of it Seohyun-ah!!!

 

I shook my head quite a bit before I answered, “Ne, Majjayo Yonghwa-ssi. Seungyeonnie is in the washroom and will come in a few minutes.”

 

“Ah kure? When you see her could you tell her I’m looking for her?” he asked as he lightly brushed of some dirt of my hair.

 

I was sure I was blushing when I replied, “U-um… I-I’ll tell her.”

 

He smiled and ruffled my hair a bit and was about to leave when-

 

“Will you go to the dance with me?”

 

 

 

 

WHAT THE HECK?! WHAT DID I JUST SAY?! OH MY GOD!! WHAT HAVE I DONE?! HE’S GOING TO REJECT ME AND I CAN’T LIVE WITH THAT!!! WHAT THE HECK SEO JOO HYUN?!?!?!?!

 

 

A second passed by. Then another… and another… and we both just looked at each other, me waiting imperatively for his answer while he just stood there looking at me blankly, too shocked to respond? I’m not sure. Then he started walking back towards me and stood in front of me.

 

By this time, my heart was beating loudly that my ears started hurting. I-I have never been scared like this my whole life. All because of my blabber mouth.

 

He stretched out his hand to my face and fearing the rejection, I closed my eyes tightly.

 

Dugun dugun…

 

He again ruffled my hair and said, “Arasseo. It’s a date!”

 

I opened my eyes at the pure shock of his agreement to go to the dance with me. I stared wide eyed at his retreating figure and the people around me were rumbling at the sight. I-I couldn’t blame them. Jung Yonghwa just accepted a partner to the dance, and it’s the School Nerd.

 

At the end of the day, the school was abuzz on the news. A Cinderella story some people say but to me? I was still out of it. It hasn’t sunk in yet.

 

“YAH! SEO JOO HYUN?! WHERE ARE YOU?!” My bestfriend’s deafening voice resonated at the doorway and when she saw, she immediately rushed at me, shoving everything out of her way until she grabbed me by my arms and started shaking me.

 

“IS IT TRUE?! DID YOU ASK URI PRESIDENT TO THE DANCE?! IS IT TRUE HE ACCEPTED YOUR INVITATION?!” she literally screamed her questions to my face. Every single student was hooked to her questions and they were all waiting for my answer.

 

“N-ne. T-that’s r-right,” I said in a small voice.

 

“KYAAAAA!!! WOAH THIS IS A MIRACLE!!! OH MY GOD THIS IS EXCITING!! HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?!“ She asked me with a passion burning in her eyes that is scared me.

 

“I-I’ll tell you but not here-“ I managed to say until she quickly grabbed my bag and dragged me off outside the school with my classmates shockingly watched as the upright Vice President just acted like an over zealous girl.

 

20 minutes of being dragged and I was here sitting with a velvet cake and a hot chocolate with whipped cream on top.

 

“Now spill, from the beginning and don’t leave anything out,” Seungyeonnie sat attentively and waited for me to start talking.

 

And I did. I told her how we met in our first year, how he saved me, on how we just matched on almost every subject we had, on how handsome and perfect he was, on how I fell for him. Then I talked on my reason on not meeting him at first, on why it didn’t feel right for me, a lowly being, to talk to him, an ulzzang. Then I talked about what happened earlier.

 

“Kyaaa!!!” she shouted.

 

“SHH!!! You’re disturbing the coffee shop,” I whispered.

 

She then apologized and bowed to the surrounding people and then, “Kya!” she whispered excitedly. “Y-you’re the girl that uri pr- ani what do you feel now?!”

 

“I-I’m not sure… I still think this is all just a dream.” I said while pinching my arm to check if this is really a dream.

 

“Ani! Hyunnie,” she said. “Take advantage of this opportunity. You are probably the only girl uri President has not rejected. This might be the beginning of something.”

 

“Eyyy Seungyeonnie, you’re fantasizing too much. Yonghwa-ssi might have been hit on the head for him to accept my invitation. I-I’ll just tell him that he doesn’t have to go with me-“
 

“Andwae!! Are you mad?!”

 

“Well there isn’t any rational explanation on why he accepted my invitation.”

 

She heaved an exasperated sigh and took out her phone. She dialed a number and put it on speaker.

 

Seungyeon-ah you called?

 

“Ne President,” she said. “I heard you were asked to the dance.” Ok what is she doing?

 

Yeap by your bestfriend.

 

“Can I ask why you accepted her invitation?” She said nonchalantly while I was hooked, waiting impatiently for his answer.

 

Well… she looked cute when she asked me, so I said yes. That isn’t a problem, is it?

 

“Ani, it’s perfect. Thanks a lot President,” she hung up and raised an eyebrow at me.

 

“So what’s your excuse now Hyunnie?” she dared me to answer while I just sat fidgeting under her signature stare down that was usually meant for hooligans in the school.

 

I sighed and said, “I guess… I’m going to the dance.”

 

“Oh yeah!! We have to prepare! And this time I will not take no for an answer!” she said giddily. I sighed yet again and finally agreed to her demands.

 

After a few hours of shopping for dresses, shampoos, lotions, conditioners, makeup and a lot of unnecessary items, I was finally at home with Seungyeonnie. That was probably the longest evening of my life. My feet hurt and my stomach grumbled in hunger and despite my complains to Seungyeonnie, her excitement was unperturbed. She rambled on and on and on about the proper usage of the items we bought, when and how to do it, the proper amount and blah blah blah. I just want to sleep.

 

“Yah! Are you listening to me?” she shouted.

 

“Come on Seungyeonnie, I’m tired. I just want to sleep,” I said as I threw myself on the bed.

 

“Ireona! Palli!” she commanded and forced me to sit up. “Don’t you want to look good in front of Yonghwa-yah? Don’t you want to look dazzlingly beautiful beside uri President? Don’t you want to look perfect on your first dance?”

 

That woke me up from my reverie. “What? What dance?”

 

“Don’t you know? The President and the Vice President of the Student Council, that’s me, and their partners will open the dance floor.”

 

“WHAT?!” I shouted. No one said about me dancing in front of people.

 

“Aigoo Hyunnie. You should really read the noticeboard.” She stated as she started arranging the multitude of items we bought a while ago. “So how about it? Are you finally going to listen to me?”

 

Sigh. Of all the mess I’ve put myself, this is the worst. I just had to be a blabber mouth and asked him to the dance. If I didn’t, I would be sleeping right now.

 

“He better appreciate what I’m going through for him,” I muttered as I followed Seungyeonnie to the bathroom.

 

As the days passed, I continued the makeover under strict instructions. She went Sparta on me. She demanded that I take pictures and videos of me applying these concoctions and sent it to her. If not she would arrive in my house in 5 minutes, regardless of the time. One time she came almost 1 in the morning when I forgot to put on a face mask. Yeap just for a face mask. And that time I got a bikini wax. OH. MY. FREAKING. GOD. It was so damn painful I started cursing Seungyeonnie. I wondered, what did I ever do to Seungyeonnie to deserve this. I was about to quit when she showed me a picture of him playing with his puppies. It melted my heart and went back in. His effect on me is astounding.

 

Speaking of him, since that day he accepted my invitation, I always see him every single day, and every time he approached me I would scamper off, red as a tomato. Not a single word passed between us for the next three weeks. I-I couldn’t bear to talk to him face to face, I was too shy, and the fact that I had feelings for him didn’t help one bit.

 

Seungyeonnie at first said, “Omo... You’re so darn cute when you scamper off like that.” But as the days passed and I didn’t talk to him she got quite furious about my stubbornness to not meet him. She actually plans my “accidental” meetings with him. She would order me to help her do something for the dance when she already asked Yonghwa-ssi to do the same. She would drag me to a place where she knew he would be there. And it was a multitude of exquisite planning. Different every time and I fell for it, every time. Well, I'm pretty gullibe, am I right?

 

But the time came when I couldn’t run anymore. The dance finally arrived.

 

I was woken with my bedroom door being knocked on furiously.  I sleepily walked to the door and once I unlocked the door-

 

BANG!

 

“HYUNNIE WAKE UP!!” Seungyeonnie’s voice exploded throughout the room.

 

But I ignored her. I went back to bed and covered myself with my duvet which was shortly dragged off. “Yah Kaja! We have to go to the salon right now.”

 

“Mhmm… 5 more minutes…” I mumbled as I tried to get a bit more sleep.

 

“Andwae, we have to go now, I have you’re whole outfit in that salon and we only have 6 more hours till then.”

 

“Let me sleep Seungyeonnie. I’m so sleepy because you just had to take us to a spa last night didn’t you.” I said exasperatedly as I kept on trying to sleep.

 

“Yah! I did that for you,” she said. Hearing no response from me, she threatened me. “If you don’t get up know I’ll take a picture of you right now and send it to Yonghwa-ya.”

 

I woke up with a start and said, “I’m up. I’m up!”

 

“Good girl,” she smirked at me. *Sigh*

 

So here I am at the salon still in my pajamas. Honestly? I don’t really care, I just want to sleep. And I did, when they washed my hair, when they did my makeup, my nails and other inconsequential things to my body. I just tried to get some rest. I didn’t know how long it took, mostly I was out of it then they’ll wake me up to bat my eyes for the mascara, to move to a new place, to lift my arms or leg for something, I don’t know. I was dozing then waking up, then dozing again and being waken up again. The cycle was relentless and when they told me I was done I feel so tired and out of it. I just need to wear the dress and the shoes. When I got into the dressing room, the dress was… wow… gorgeous… Will that fit me? Will I be wearing the dress or the dress be wearing me… I-I am not sure… I just hope that he’ll like it…

 

 

~*~

- Yonghwa’s POV -

 

I was busy finishing the final touches on the dance venue, making sure that everything is perfect. I haven’t had the chance to dress myself properly and I was still in my school uniform. With my top buttons open and my sleeves rolled up to my elbows, I’m sure I’m sight to be seen. The President of the Student Council looking so haggard and dirty. Actually my Vice President was supposed to be doing this but when she told me where she was and who she was with, I just had to succumb to her wishes. *Sigh* the things I do for love.

 

“Pres,” Minhyuk said. “We’re almost done. You could go change already.”

 

With one final and quick inspection of the place, I replied, “Arasseo. Good work Minhyuk-ah. If there are any small problem, I’m giving you the authority to take actions as you see fit. If it’s serious, you know my number.”

 

“Yes Pres. Don’t worry. We’ll handle things from here.”

 

The good thing is we always hold any school formal functions in hotels and thanking my parents, I have a room booked with my suit and other necessities upstairs. Once I arrived at my room, I quickly went to the shower and started to let the hot water soothe my aching muscles and calm my mind.

 

Why doesn’t she want to meet me? That’s what I thought. For the past 3 weeks, I haven’t had a chance to speak to her, not even greet her ‘Good Morning’. It’s torturing. Have I done something wrong? Thinking back, I am not sure if I did anything wrong… then it must have been something I didn’t do. Or something… ARGH!! Mwolla. This girl is screwing my mind. Would she even come tonight? Y-yeah she will. She’s with Seungyeon-ah at the salon. B-but will she even talk to me? Or even look at me? After 3 freaking long years, I have a chance to talk to her, hold her hand, maybe a chance to be mine… and everything is falling apart. I just want us to be like we were on that fateful day.

 

* Flashback *

 

I finally managed to escape from my bodyguards for the very first time. Yeah, the heir to the business must be protected but screw that. I just want to live like a normal teenager. Not be taught on how a business should be run, how to behave in a gathering, learn proper etiquette, and more boring stuff.

 

So here I was walking along the street, still looking behind my back just in case those bodyguards of mine were following me when this girl reading a book in front of me was about to cross the road. Then-

 

Honestly speaking? All I remember was the car lights and me grabbing her hand. The next thing I remember was the girl lying on top of me and me staring straight at those eyes. Woah…

 

I didn’t remember what happened next because all I see were those eyes, those gorgeous eyes that seemed to be from out of this world.

 

And when I knew she had a sprained knee and I offered to take her to the hospital and she refused. She refused! I mean that foot might be worse than I imagined. So the next best thing to do is to go to her house which was thankfully quite near.

 

As I carried her home and we talked. We talked and we talked. I remember thinking that I didn’t want this to end. That I hoped that her home was at the edge of the earth. For the first time in my life, I don’t feel constricted, I don’t feel lost and alone being a chaebol, I-I feel free. But it had to end.

 

 “Wait! W-what’s your name?” she asked me.

 

“Jung Yonghwa.” I ran off because I was unsure of what I’m feeling right now is real. It might have been just a spur in that moment but I didn’t care. I wanted to keep this feeling alive.

 

When I got back, with jeans torn, my shirt dirty from the accident and looking lost in thought, my parents were hysterical. When they asked me what happened, the first thing I said was, “I-I think I’m in love.”

 

* End of Flashback *

 

Needless to say, my parents were shock but they fully supported my feelings for the unknown girl. Because that was apparently the first thing I ever wanted to do in my whole life, this unknown girl. I didn’t see her until the next week.

 

* Flashback *

 

I really wanted to visit her in her house, because I was worried. But my father told me to let her rest and I obeyed. It wasn’t until I saw her walking normally on the hall with a friend. Finally, I saw her.

 

I raised my hand for a greeting and was about to speak when she walked by me and ignored me. D-does she not remember how I look like? She should right? Her glasses were broken, yeah probably that was the reason.

 

So at the end of the day, I visited Jungshin, the bassist of our school band, as an excuse to see her. Luckily she was still around and when I was going to say hi, she looked at me blankly from her chair and ignored me.

 

“Is this a miracle? The Jung Yonghwa graced his presence in my classroom! What’s up man?” Jungshin asked. Yes that’s right. You heard my name right? I told you my name now please look at me…

 

Please…

 

 

But she didn’t… she gathered her things and left without a single greeting… it was my first heart break…

 

* End of Flashback *

 

I didn’t stop loving her but I stopped appearing in front of her as the years passed by. I was just looking after her from afar, a silent guardian. I learned about her name, her school reputation, her grades, her friends, her family, everything. I got to know everything about what I could find out about her in the next three years but I haven’t talked to her one bit on fear of a rejection. I couldn’t bring myself to stand in front of her because I was a coward. Not until last 3 weeks ago was the first time she talked to me after a long time. I kept on gently refusing the ladies who were asking me to be their date for the dance because inside, I was hoping that she would ask me. I told myself if she doesn’t ask me in the next two weeks, I’ll say yes to the first girl that asked me again. But thankfully she asked me. You couldn’t imagine how happy I was at that time.

 

That’s why I’m hoping, fervently hoping that tonight might be our turning point. Whether for good or for… um… God-forbid… worse… our status would change.

 

An hour later when the dance was about to start and the student started coming in, one couple at a time, I was busy shaking hands, mingling with the other students while deep inside I was worried that she might not come. Oh dear God, please let her come.

 

Suddenly, I heard gasping behind me. It made me curious as to what happened and when I turn around, there she was…

 

Wow… she looked… beautiful…

 

 

(Just imagine that’s the dress. Hehehe – pokerman)

 

She stood there by the door fidgeting due to the attention. I slowly approached her and stammered a greeting.

 

“H-Hi.”

 

“H-Hi Y-Yonghwa-ssi,” she mumbled in response. Her formality towards me broke me out of my trance and I smiled.

 

“Oppa.” I said as I took her hand. Her hand went rigid then relaxed. Feeling no rejection from her, I hooked her arm to mine and we started walking to the dance.

 

“N-Ne?” she asked in confusion.

 

“Call me oppa. I believe I am one year older. Right?” I asked her as I look straight. I couldn’t bear to look at her for fear that I might lose my mentality and kiss her right there on the spot.

 

“A-arasseoyo, Y-Yonghwa Oppa,” she said. At her words I beamed brightly and I couldn’t help it, I smiled at her. Wow… she is beautiful… I feel lucky to hold her this close…

 

“Ladies and Gentleman, we are about to start the dance. Please welcome the President and the Vice President of the Student Council on the floor!” The MC announced.

 

I felt her hand shake and I noticed that she started to take huge breaths. She was nervous and it was obvious. I removed her linked arm and held her hand. “Just follow my lead Hyun, you’ll be fine.”

 

She gave me a tight-lipped smile as I guide her to the dance floor.

 

 (A Thousand Years by Christina Perri - Glee Version)

(Play this music. It suits the image I’m trying to portray – pokerman)

 

As I held her close and the slow music plays, we danced slowly. The crowd, Seungyeon-ah and Jonghyun-ah, everyone was drowned out in our moment.

 

“You look beautiful Hyun,” I whispered as we looked at each other’s eyes.

 

“Thank you,” she whispered back. She blushed but did not break eye contact.

 

After a few seconds she asked me, “W-why do you call me ‘Hyun’, O-op-oppa?”

 

I smiled at her calling me ‘Oppa’. It sounds angelic. “It’s because it’s unique, just like you.”

 

She blushed again but smiled at my compliment. We kept on dancing and dancing, just looking at each other’s eyes was enough for me to be in heaven. I couldn’t help it. I have to tell her.

 

“Hyun, you didn’t thank me by the way,” I said to her.

 

She looked at me, confused and said, “Thank you for what Oppa?”

 

“For saving your life. Car accident? Harry Potter book? Rings a bell?” I asked her.

 

Her eyes widen in shock and we stopped dancing. “Y-you remember that?! T-then why di-didn’t you tell me earlier? Why didn’t you approach me?” she said.

 

Our hands fell limp to our sides as we stared at each other. “I did. You ignored me. You ignored me like I’m non-existent to you. How could I even talk to you when that’s what it felt like at that time?”

 

“Well what do you expect to happen? How could I tell the almighty Jung Yonghwa thank you when he’s the ulzzang of the school while I’m at the bottom? What would people say when you’re hanging out with the School nerd? I don’t want to drag you down at the bottom with me-“ she started shouting but I cut her off.

 

“And who the heck told you who I should and should not meet, huh?! Who the heck told you I can’t meet the love of my life?!” I shouted right back at her.

 

It was quiet. So quiet. I was staring at her and her looking shocked at me that I finally realized that the room was silent. It was then that I remembered there were people around us and they probably heard my unplanned confession. I looked around and every single eyes were on us, not even one dared to break the silence.

 

Feeling embarrassed at the situation, I grabbed her hand and walked out of the place with every eyes following our movements. I dragged her to the hotel’s garden and sat her down on a bench. I sat beside her and looked at her. She was still looking at me wide eyed and I cannot discern what she’s thinking.

 

“P-please say something,” I said to her. I was anxious of her answer but I have to know. Will she accept my feelings?

 

“Y-you love me?” She whispered. Her eyes started watering and at that moment, I also felt the tears in my eyes.

 

“Yes, since that time we met till now, I still love you,” I whispered as I cupped her face.

 

She touched her fingers on my hand and said, “I never thought you would feel the same way as I do.”

 

“W-Wait you love me?” I asked incredulously. And when she smiled, I-I couldn’t express my happiness. I hugged her and spun her around laughing joyously. I could hear her melodious laughter as we spun around.

 

When I stopped, I looked at her in the eyes and said, “I love you, always have, always will.”

 

“As I love you too.”

 

I kissed her.

 

 

~*~

- Seungyeon’s POV -

 

I was worried on the event a while ago. I didn’t expect those two to start shouting, much less for President to confess his feelings to a girl. That has never happened before. Like never. So when he left us speechless and left the building, I wanted to follow them; worried about my bestfriend. But a hand stop me from following.

 

“Don’t go, let them be,” Jonghyun-ah said as he too looked worried at his bestfriend.

 

“I’m worried about them. I have to know-“

 

“Seohyun-ah is the girl Yonghwa told us about,” he said while looking at me earnestly.

 

“You mean-“

 

“Yeah. He loves her so much he won’t ever do anything to hurt her. Let them sort it out themselves.” He said as dragged me away from the door.

 

If that was true, Yonghwa-ya always spoke fondly of that girl, the one he couldn’t have but still love with all his heart. Omo… t-this is like a fairytale!

 

I kept on looking at the door from time to time, still worried for those two and when, they finally entered. They were… smiling and laughing… but most of all, you could see love in their eyes…

 

 

 


Author's Note

 

Hi guys! Long time. i have been so absorbed on Jongyeon that I missed writing a YongSeo fanfic. and so here it is! Hope you enjoyed it. hehehe

 

I do not know who to credit for the image above but if you are reading this, please tell me so i can give you full credit for the photo and i could thank you for giving me an inspiration for this story :)

 

Finally, see you guys on my fanfic!

 

♥♦Pokerman♣♠